Bottled water for cabin

NukeTim

I have no idea what 'Signature Package' is.

The only packages available (looking at two current bookings) are:

Unlimited Coca Cola

Quench

Signature Beverage 

Elite Signature Beverage.

Details of all are below:

Unlimited Coca Cola:

Coke.thumb.jpg.40df4544a741b50f43c6fa65c6d01297.jpg

Quench:

Quench.thumb.jpg.52a216ef3225b8e348dec693a23061a7.jpg

Signature Beverage Package:

signature.thumb.jpg.b574583fe830abb68f30777599955e7f.jpg

Elite Signature Beverage Package:

Elite.thumb.jpg.bf4c921c9b6794163ee5f74d3f5525d6.jpg

Even the Quench package now limits water to under 400cc (should state 400 ml, as it relates to a fluid!), which is the 12 oz size.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We never have a problem with "bottled water" nor do we spend money (up to $3 for a bottle).  We simply fill our water container from the sink or at the Lido.  The ship's water is tested multiple times a day, has generally been through reverse osmosis (or flash evaporation) which is more than you can expect from many commercial bottled waters (some of which are just filtered city water).   This water "thing" kind of reminds me of the "pet rock" fiasco.  Do we need to buy bottled water?  No unless you want a decent fizzy water like Pelligrino.  And I salute Seabourn (and some other cruise lines) for eliminating bottled water and simply adopting the "Nordaq" system.  What is "Nordaq?"  It is basically bottled water made by refilling bottles (on board) from a system that provides filtered water.  I do not taste much difference from the ship's tap water, but many folks feel satisfied when they see the "Nordaq" label on a bottle (most do not even realize the bottle has been filled down below."

Hank

• Like 4

Drinking Bottled Still Water contributes to our feeling good   >>We Want Bottled Still Water<<.

They have them in glass bottle containers which are recycled.  It is a luxury but this is what we want so it is no use trying to persuade those who prefer to drink bottled water to drink ship's water.

Peter

• Like 2

On the NS in April the bars had 12oz cans and 16oz aluminum bottles with screw caps.  Our pre-cruise printout of the Signature package said that water up to 500ml was included, but onboard there was a little card saying that the cutoff was 12oz.  I complained at the front desk and was told that that was how it was.  The cans are not convenient in the room or to take on excursions, so we paid for a bottle and just kept refilling it from cans.  You can't bring bottled water onboard, but you can bring an empty bottle that will be convenient for you and keep it refilled.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, dchip said:

We like sparkling water, so every day we got at least four from the bar. We never came close to hitting our 15 drink limit, which also includes specialty coffees. We did get quite a few sparkling waters on day one. We didn’t board until 3pm. 
Denise

Are the sparkling waters flavored? Thank you!

8 hours ago, JennysUncle said:

On the NS in April the bars had 12oz cans and 16oz aluminum bottles with screw caps.  Our pre-cruise printout of the Signature package said that water up to 500ml was included, but onboard there was a little card saying that the cutoff was 12oz.  I complained at the front desk and was told that that was how it was.  The cans are not convenient in the room or to take on excursions, so we paid for a bottle and just kept refilling it from cans.  You can't bring bottled water onboard, but you can bring an empty bottle that will be convenient for you and keep it refilled.

That’s awful they wouldn’t honor the language you booked.

Without the 12oz screw top bottles, the package makes even less sense now.

8 hours ago, BigMattT said:

That’s awful they wouldn’t honor the language you booked.

Without the 12oz screw top bottles, the package makes even less sense now.

I suspect that it was a consequence of deciding to ban plastic bottles.  They then realized that many people would prefer bottles to cans, but that the 16oz aluminum bottles were substantially more expensive than mass-produced cans.

On our April Koningsdam cruise we had the Signature Beverage package.  Some places onboard let us have the 16 oz aluminum bottles under the plan while others only the 12 oz cans.  We stocked up on the bottles in our mini-frig.  Typical HAL -different rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I just bring my Blender Bottle to the lido and refill? On NCL you can't fill personal bottles but water bottles don't come with the package. Not sure what HAL does. 

25 minutes ago, LoraJ said:

Can I just bring my Blender Bottle to the lido and refill? On NCL you can't fill personal bottles but water bottles don't come with the package. Not sure what HAL does. 

The Lido staff will fill your bender bottle for you.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 4:19 PM, NukeTim said:

Any recommendations on best way / value for getting bottled water for our cabin?  We have the signature beverage package; so can we just ask for small bottles from a bar to take back? Seems like a hassle and a waste of one or two of our 15 daily beverages.  Is it better to just take it out of the room minibar?  Precruise purchased water packages seem expensive.  I saw than you cannot bring any water in a plastic container on board at any port. P.S. my wife will not drink the water out of the tap.  Suggestions?

Hello - Re Bottled Water

Don't know about all the cruise lines - but Holland America offers one gallon of distilled water

@$2.95.  You can order them either pre-cruise or during cruise & specify what day you want them delivered to your stateroom.  Holland America - you'll find in their "Purchase Beverages".

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:23 PM, jm485 said:

I understand that the tap water is safe to drink. I think it tastes awful, and choose not to drink it.  YMMV, but not everyone finds the tap water palatable.

what about bringing something like a Brita pitcher? Allowed?

It's disposable if they flag it.. Does that slow down the embarkation?

19 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

what about bringing something like a Brita pitcher? Allowed?

It's disposable if they flag it.. Does that slow down the embarkation?

Empty reusable plastic bottles/containers will not be confiscated nor will Ziploc bags used to store your cheese plates in your minibar.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I find this amusing that people will spend so much effort & $$$ on bottled water vs free Lido deck drinking water.

After spending many many years drinking free onboard US Navy warships & now 30+ cruise ships, I've never had any health issues (packing on tons of weight from buffet food is another matter...).

Cruise ship's distilled water is probable as good & clean as bottled water.  At least it's system is inspected & graded on a regular basis.

Check out this post:  

https://www.ecowatch.com/bottled-water-sources-tap-2537510642.html#:~:text=In a new report entitled,be free or nearly free.

The majority of bottled water are sourced from municipal water.  Just look its' Source on most labels:

Wal-Mart Bottled Water Comes From Sacramento Municipal Supply – CBS  Sacramento

We all now always bring a large insulated mug to the Lido to be filled with free water.  

No plastic nor aluminum bottle waste.

For our finicky daughter, she adds a few drops of zero-calorie flavoring.  

For us, once Metamucil's mixed in, good to go....

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 4

On 7/5/2022 at 7:19 PM, NukeTim said:

Is it better to just take it out of the room minibar?

You will pay for anything you take out of the mini bar.  It is not included in the beverage packages.

I bring my 21 oz. Hydro Flask and have it refilled in the Lido.  So much better for the environment!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruisingGrandmaW said:

Hello - Re Bottled Water

Don't know about all the cruise lines - but Holland America offers one gallon of distilled water

@$2.95.  You can order them either pre-cruise or during cruise & specify what day you want them delivered to your stateroom.  Holland America - you'll find in their "Purchase Beverages".

Please document yourself about drinking distilled water. You can drink it but whether it is good for you is a ?  I believe HAL sells it for use in f.e. a cpap (At home I use it in my steam iron).

4 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

Yes you can bring a Brita pitcher

perfect. Hope it'll fit in minibar? Do they have sensors if you remove/return items? or can we just request that they empty it? 

If so I'll do the Lido deck idea with ice/ insulated steel flasks.

Edited by JesseLivermore

24 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

perfect. Hope it'll fit in minibar? Do they have sensors if you remove/return items? or can we just request that they empty it? 

If so I'll do the Lido deck idea with ice/ insulated steel flasks.

Not sure it will fit in the refrig. Maybe if you remove the shelves. No sensors . The cabin steward will remove the contents if you request it

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sandiego1 said:

Not sure it will fit in the refrig. Maybe if you remove the shelves. No sensors . The cabin steward will remove the contents if you request it

perfect! less temptations. Nice to have it for our bottles chilled too.  Although it will be in the 60's in AK so (unlike 110 here!) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Please document yourself about drinking distilled water. You can drink it but whether it is good for you is a ?  I believe HAL sells it for use in f.e. a cpap (At home I use it in my steam iron).

Distilled water is perfectly safe to drink, as it is the purest water you can get. It is ever purer than purified water, which has had some minerals returned to it after purifying.

When ships were steamships, distilled was the water used for the propulsion systems. 

The only problem with drinking distilled water is that it doesn't have any taste, which good drinking water has. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2