St. Petersburg is out for 2023

Sox Fan Cruiser

Thanks for posting because I was wondering when they were gonna change it.

I’ve been in the Beyond but never the Solstice class. For those who have been in both, would you recommend Apex or Silhouette for these cruises, since they’re all 12 nights?

Good.  Some of the Baltic itineraries that came out after St. Petersburg was removed this year were fantastic.  Will have to see the new itineraries and perhaps book one for 2023. 

7 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Apex and Silhouette still accepting books for 2023 Baltic and St Petersburg cruises

I’m on the June 25th Apex cruise.  The title of the cruise still says Scandinavia and Russia but if you go into the cruise details they have altered it to exclude St. Petersburg. 

I recall back in 2014 I booked a Black Sea cruise out of Istanbul, I believe it was on the Summit. The cruise included several stops in Crimea. It also was cancelled because of the Russian takeover of Crimea.

Edited by Banjo

I doubt St Petersburg will be a destination for many years to come. I was there once but wouldn't have wanted to return. Yes, the palaces and churches are spectacular but outside that it's a soulless place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m on the June 25th Apex cruise.  The title of the cruise still says Scandinavia and Russia but if you go into the cruise details they have altered it to exclude St. Petersburg. 

Good 

4 hours ago, sergel02 said:

I’ve been in the Beyond but never the Solstice class. For those who have been in both, would you recommend Apex or Silhouette for these cruises, since they’re all 12 nights?

My suggestion is to try Silhouette and decide between E and S class for your future cruises. We prefer S class, but YMMV.

We have sailed on both Edge and all the Solstice class ships.  Just back from a great cruise on Reflection.  Did NOT like Edge.  The "E"class is dark, confusing and not as "friendly" as Solstice and her sisters.  Just booked a European B2B on Reflection for May 2023.

We have sailed on both Edge and all the Solstice class ships.  Just back from a great cruise on Reflection.  Did NOT like Edge.  The "E"class is dark, confusing and not as "friendly" as Solstice and her sisters.  Just booked a European B2B on Reflection for May 2023.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, asnaleah said:

My suggestion is to try Silhouette and decide between E and S class for your future cruises. We prefer S class, but YMMV.

Thanks, hopefully we can try it sometimes this year or next. It’s the one class I haven’t tried and it seems nice. 

Do wish they were able to update the rooms like they did in the Millennium and Summit but I think COVID kind of got in the way. Wonder if the Reflection will have some room changes when it goes into dry dock. 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:58 AM, sergel02 said:

would you recommend Apex or Silhouette for these cruises

We've been on both in the last 6 months---love 'em both.  Slight tilt to Apex for the multiple dining venues, but Silly felt like home, so comfortable.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:28 PM, sergel02 said:

Thanks, hopefully we can try it sometimes this year or next. It’s the one class I haven’t tried and it seems nice. 

Do wish they were able to update the rooms like they did in the Millennium and Summit but I think COVID kind of got in the way. Wonder if the Reflection will have some room changes when it goes into dry dock. 

I believe the Silly did have the revolution/updates.   Did both E class and S class. We like both, but the E class was so different we enjoyed that after multiple S and M class cruises. We are doing the Apex next month so you know what we chose.  But that was also due to itinerary - we preferred Amsterdam vs starting from S Hampton.  

We are on the August 21, 2023 Apex sailing and the itinerary dropped St. Petersburg and replaced it with overnights in both Stockholm and Copenhagen.  I am very happy with this change.  Was in St. Petersburg back in 1992 and while it was good to see I am glad to be able to spend more than a few hours in both overnight cities.

Without St Petersburg, we are looking doing the Baltic/Scandinavian itinerary again. Did St Petersburg and for us, once was more than enough. They’ve added some interesting Swedish ports, overnights in Stockholm and Copenhagen which we’d love. 

Tallinn was fantastic as was the sail in into Stockholm. 

den

On 7/7/2022 at 4:58 AM, sergel02 said:

I recommend the Silhouette so you can see the sail-in to Stockholm from the Sky Lounge.  It takes about 2 1/2 hrs and is breathtaking.  Something you never forget.