Monte Carlo Hotels

fudge

Hi Everybody,

We are sailing with Regent for our second cruise 10 days, Monte Carlo to Athens 21st October.  We have a one night hotel stay prior to the cruise, has anyone stayed in Monte Carlo with a hotel supplied by Regent, if so which hotel was it please? 

On a different note, I have checked on the Regent web site to look at the restaurants on the Voyager, we cannot book any until the 23rd July, do you have to pay for any? Also, is there a restriction on the number you can book?  I have looked but cannot find the answer anywhere, thanks in advance.

Edited by fudge

• fudge changed the title to Monte Carlo Hotels

Good morning Fudge,

We twice sailed from Monte Carlo. Both times we stayed at Fairmont Hotel. Location is good, but I would say second stay things looked tired . It’s not in the league of the Fairmont standard in Canada, but it has possibly been upgraded ? Think our last stay was 2018. 
Regarding the speciality restaurants you can book one visit to each , either table for two or option to share. Also once onboard you can ask your butler if he can arrange a second visit, or often there is an option at a desk to check availability.

Jean.

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your prompt response, really looking forward to sailing with Regent again, we booked a Penthouse suite this time so spoiled ourselves. We have just returned from a 7 day sail with Silversea Venice to Venice, unfortunately SS is not what it was when we last sailed with them six years ago.

We understand all the difficulties surrounding travel, new staff Etc but it just wasn't the same, we did enjoy the cruise but we cant wait to sail with Regent again. 

2 minutes ago, Brownie54 said:

BTW, if you go all the way to the bottom of the Regent opening page on the website and click on Resources, then FAQ, there is a lot of helpful information there.

Thank you, very much obliged.

We just booked our flights to Nice, according to Regent a 1 night pre cruise stay in a hotel, we have been informed is the Rivera Marriot however, Regent are now saying the transfer from Nice to Monte Carlo is NOT included, they will pick us up from the hotel to the ship, what a con that is!!! 

32 minutes ago, fudge said:

We just booked our flights to Nice

As far as I am aware you only receive transfers from airport to pre-cruise hotel (and from ship to airport at the end of the cruise) if you booked your flights through Regent.

If you arranged the flights yourself then transfers are not included.

6 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

As far as I am aware you only receive transfers from airport to pre-cruise hotel (and from ship to airport at the end of the cruise) if you booked your flights through Regent.

If you arranged the flights yourself then transfers are not included.

I dont doubt you for one minute, here is the direct quote from our TA who we have been with for years.

I have logged onto your booking and as you have got a pre-cruise hotel and transfers as part of the package with Regent, if you pass the details of your flights to me once you have had those booked and I shall pass them onto Regent so that they can arrange the transfers for you.

12 minutes ago, fudge said:

I dont doubt you for one minute, here is the direct quote from our TA who we have been with for years.

I have logged onto your booking and as you have got a pre-cruise hotel and transfers as part of the package with Regent, if you pass the details of your flights to me once you have had those booked and I shall pass them onto Regent so that they can arrange the transfers for you.

It appears that your TA may have been confused as to the transfers included with the pre-cruise hotel, which I understand to be hotel to ship.

Have you forwarded your TA's advice to Regent and/or asked your TA to double-check for clarification?

Hi Flossie,

Thank you for your advise, I have asked for clarification, I am not too bothered about the money for the transfer its just the hassle of arranging a taxi Etc.

Its a shame when you pay thousands of dollars for a cruise that the cruise line dont go the extra mile to get you to the ship on time! 

Its not a deal breaker but its such a disappointment and just another hurdle to jump through.

I can totally understand your disappointment that you have not received something that your TA led you to believe was included.

IMO your beef should probably be with your TA not Regent.

15 minutes ago, fudge said:

Its a shame when you pay thousands of dollars for a cruise that the cruise line dont go the extra mile to get you to the ship on time! 

I have no doubt that Regent will get you from your pre-cruise hotel to the ship on time.

59 minutes ago, fudge said:

Hi Flossie,

Thank you for your advise, I have asked for clarification, I am not too bothered about the money for the transfer its just the hassle of arranging a taxi Etc.

Its not a deal breaker but its such a disappointment and just another hurdle to jump through.

37 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I can totally understand your disappointment that you have not received something that your TA led you to believe was included.

IMO your beef should probably be with your TA not Regent.

I have no doubt that Regent will get you from your pre-cruise hotel to the ship on time.

Fudge - I agree with Flossie that it seems to be your TA who missed the boat on this one.  Included transfers from the airport to the hotel are only included when using Regent air - I'm sure the logistics of keeping track of hundreds of people flying in from God knows where every cruise would be a nightmare.

Unless you've got a long-standing relationship with your TA (and even if you do) it might be time to look for one who has experience with booking Regent cruises.  It could help you avoid problems like this going forward.

I hope you get it all worked out and have a wonderful cruise...

• Like 1

I realize this will stray from "who said what to whom" but... there are frequent twice per hour buses from Nice to Monaco & vice versa at an absurdly low cost (something like 1 euro one way). 

We have taken buses to/from - including Nice Airport - its a breeze.  Obviously, if you have mobility concerns or lots of luggage better to arrange for a private car service or grab a taxi in Nice.

Thank you everyone for your very useful replies. Really looking forward to sailing with Regent again, if this board is anything to go by we hope to meet some really nice folks on board. 

Just sailed with SS after six years, not the cruise line we were use to. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fudge said:

Thank you everyone for your very useful replies. Really looking forward to sailing with Regent again, if this board is anything to go by we hope to meet some really nice folks on board. 

There are usually a lot of very, very nice people on Regent cruises.  And often one Grumpy Old Man.  🤬

🤣 😄 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fudge said:

Thanks for the tip however, some of us are not as rich as some Regent cruisers, Mrs Fudge would divorce me if I booked a helicopter. (ok just booked it ) Lol

Eh, you're just riding in it, not buying it.  I say go for it!!  (of course, I'd be divorced, too, if I booked it...both from a financial standpoint and the fact that Mrs UUNet hates helicopters)  🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fudge said:

Thanks for the tip however, some of us are not as rich as some Regent cruisers, Mrs Fudge would divorce me if I booked a helicopter. (ok just booked it ) Lol

I just looked online and it's only €250/pp for the trip...not to insane.  But there's a limit of one bag, only 21kg each.  That's the killer right there.  Of course, you can book the entire helicopter for €750, I bet you could take all your bags then, maybe?