Charging (⚡ not 💳) onboard NCL, the Dawn specifically.

Right now we have an inside cabin (🤞 upgrade bid is accepted).  As far as I can tell we'll have two plugs on the little desk in the room, an American two prong plug and a European two prong plug. Maybe an extra plug in the bathroom?

Am I going to be okay with something like this that has a cord, or is NCL going to confiscate it?

Power Strip with USB C, 3 Outlet 4 USB Ports 4.5A Flat Plug Desktop Charging Station, Non Surge Protector with 5ft Heavy Duty Braided Extension Cord for Cruise Ship Travel Office Home, ETL Listed https://a.co/d/hm0clPQ

Thanks!

(We are two adults + teenager, and phones + back up batteries + kindle + Nintendo Switch = lots of charging!)

15 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

You will also have a USB outlet on the lights either side of the bed to charge phones.

which ships have these? i recently sailed on the breakaway, getaway and gem that did not have the lamps with usb ports 

Neither the Gem nor the Dawn had gotten across the board USB upgrade at the headboard/wall LED lamp, as we've on both just before the pandemic shutdown in 2019.  Some, that is, some of the oceanview staterooms had gotten them during the last cycle of refurbishment.  There is simply no way of knowing which does and the others (majority) remaining without.

As for those paranoid about data breach with usb connectivity, there are mini-firewalled inline device (mini plug/connector/adapter) that are designed to block data transfer ... inexpensive on Amazon and/or your local/nearby MicroCenter store/online ... (probably, overpriced but available at Best Buy too) - https://www.amazon.com/Juice-Jack-Defender-Security-Purchased-Employees/dp/B08WKR11BW/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2HMI129IYUSY8&keywords=usb%2Bfirewall%2Bprotection&qid=1657297983&sprefix=usb%2Bfirewall%2Bprotection%2Caps%2C60&sr=8-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySENVVEY5UEQ1SVdJJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzYyMDEyQ1g4T01FNkVPTzczJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNDk1MDMxTjU1NUNNUjdRSE1UJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deelightfull said:

Right now we have an inside cabin (🤞 upgrade bid is accepted).  As far as I can tell we'll have two plugs on the little desk in the room, an American two prong plug and a European two prong plug. Maybe an extra plug in the bathroom?

Am I going to be okay with something like this that has a cord, or is NCL going to confiscate it?

Power Strip with USB C, 3 Outlet 4 USB Ports 4.5A Flat Plug Desktop Charging Station, Non Surge Protector with 5ft Heavy Duty Braided Extension Cord for Cruise Ship Travel Office Home, ETL Listed https://a.co/d/hm0clPQ

Thanks!

(We are two adults + teenager, and phones + back up batteries + kindle + Nintendo Switch = lots of charging!)

That will be fine. Be aware that if you leave the cabin, your steward will unplug everything for safety, so remember to plug everything at bedtime for a good overnight charge. Have a lovely cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

That will be fine. Be aware that if you leave the cabin, your steward will unplug everything for safety, so remember to plug everything at bedtime for a good overnight charge. Have a lovely cruise!

😳 I did not know that! Thanks for the tip! (It makes sense though)

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, shof515 said:

which ships have these? i recently sailed on the breakaway, getaway and gem that did not have the lamps with usb ports 

The Jade has both lamps with USB

The outlet on the Dawn (club balcony) wasn't working properly and things weren't getting charged.  Fortunately I had a European USB plug that I used for charging tablet and camera batteries.  No USB outlets in the bedside lamps.  Best to be prepared for any scenario.

• Like 1