Why no Captain Club happy hour day 1?

LMaxwell

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Email the CEO and one of her exec team will answer it; this is the only way to get things done.  Countless examples of folks emailing the engagement center who claim to "pass their suggestion along" and never receiving a reply then folks getting suggestions implemented and/or things resolved (even petty things) by getting the exec team involved.  Some folks may not like this approach but emailing the CEO gets things done, arguing your viewpoint with random people on CC is a pointless waste of time.

You're not wrong, and you're not wrong. 

I just find it amusing how many people on CC get offended/mad at a suggestion that I be able to use a benefit each day, or order a drink in the dining room. There's at least 3 or 4 people in this thread genuinely wound up over the idea. Anything you post on CC you will almost assuredly, nearly immediately, find a contrarian view. 

Can you imagine if I suggested Celebrity have a fourth fruity water flavor when returning from port? Someone would be shaking, lol.  What a place!  Makes social media feel civilzed sometimes.  

I also think they should include QR codes on ALL the art onboard in case you want to buy it...

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

You're not wrong, and you're not wrong. 

I just find it amusing how many people on CC get offended/mad at a suggestion that I be able to use a benefit each day, or order a drink in the dining room. There's at least 3 or 4 people in this thread genuinely wound up over the idea. Anything you post on CC you will almost assuredly, nearly immediately, find a contrarian view. 

Can you imagine if I suggested Celebrity have a fourth fruity water flavor when returning from port? Someone would be shaking, lol.  What a place!  Makes social media feel civilzed sometimes.  

I also think they should include QR codes on ALL the art onboard in case you want to buy it...

I really fail to understand why if you are happy with your other cruise line / lines did you book Celebrity without checking things out.

10 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I really fail to understand why if you are happy with your other cruise line / lines did you book Celebrity without checking things out.

That's as ridiculous as "Tail light burned out on my car; NEVER BUYING ANOTHER LEXUS IN MY LIFE."

I loved my Celebrity cruise; just a little tweak that would make me enjoy it a little bit more. I hope that answers your question and helps with your understanding that it's very minor, but a little touch. Also I am kind of over Royal Caribbean; I like the step up in service and under 2500 ppl on Celeb

Edited by LMaxwell

33 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

At the risk of being contrarian (excellent way to dismiss opposing points of view, BTW), I'm not offended or mad that you posted a question on a discussion board. I'm also not mad that others replied to . . . continue the discussion. Don't give yourself so much credit.

Hope you can enjoy any Celebrity cruise you take.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It took you long enough. I understand that feeling. After cruising on Oceania I am kind of over Celebrity. Under 1500 passengers……

The gimmicky stuff is cool, but ultimately I don't use much of it. I can do without lines, congestion, need to manage/plan (like scheduling conference calls at work). I enjoyed so many of the little touches Celebrity does that I was not expecting. I think my preferences for experience are gravitating towards a refined, upscale experience and not that of a floating theme park. I don't like theme parks on land either for the same reasons. 

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

The wording from the Celebrity Captain's Club benefits list is the same as it has always been:

"Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain's Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm."

Dining rooms have always been excluded from this, and I see no change.

But good luck with trying to turn a cruise only fair and Elite status into an AI package.

We find it simpler and less hassle to simple pay for the AI upgrade.

That's incorrect. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's incorrect. 

Sorry. I just copied it from the current(?) Listing of benefits on the Celebrity web site. That included the 15% discount on drink package so I thought it was up to date.

Just so I know. What are the current rules?

33 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Sorry. I just copied it from the current(?) Listing of benefits on the Celebrity web site. That included the 15% discount on drink package so I thought it was up to date.

Just so I know. What are the current rules?

The wording on the website is questionable as it also says classic members and above. My understanding from another thread I've read that the unlimited CC HH drinks from 5 to 7 at most bars are still not offered on the first day as in the past.  September we will be on the Summit and that cruise will be our first cruise having the AIP and out of curiosity I plan on asking the onboard CC host if our tier level CC drinks are even loaded on our SeaPass cards if we have the AIP and if so are the drinks available the first evening of the cruise. Also I'm going to ask the onboard CC host why the CC isn't having the CC HH in the evening in the Sky Lounge. 

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Also I'm going to ask the onboard CC host why the CC isn't having the CC HH in the evening in the Sky Lounge. 

Looks like that is reinstated as this is the newest version marketing

image.png.b5ced5e7179a6db0da981525de201025.png

• Thanks 1

Too bad. We greatly enjoyed going to the Sky Lounge and getting a drink at around 5 as there was NO HH going on there when we last cruised on Equinox in May. I much preferred the relative quiet there to the crowds that used to gather for the HH.  Also interesting that this wording does not include mention of no first night HH instead says"daily" with the one Officers Party mention. 

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

Too bad. We greatly enjoyed going to the Sky Lounge and getting a drink at around 5 as there was NO HH going on there when we last cruised on Equinox in May. I much preferred the relative quiet there to the crowds that used to gather for the HH.  Also interesting that this wording does not include mention of no first night HH instead says"daily" with the one Officers Party mention. 

The new marketing collateral does say no embarkation day next to the matrix on page 2; but not on the list on page 1.  

image.png.8da705d2fe4d93d6b088ca15f8695e41.png

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

The new marketing collateral does say no embarkation day next to the matrix on page 2; but not on the list on page 1.  

image.png.8da705d2fe4d93d6b088ca15f8695e41.png

That's always an issue with Celebrity and RC. Consistently inconsistent. Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. :classic_rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Where did you copy and paste this from? 

I'm wondering that as well.   I was told by CC Concierge on Constellation in March that the happy hour gathering was gone for good.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Where did you copy and paste this from? 

Not sure what links are permissible here without getting zapped; if you google Celebrity Captains Club Benefits and July 11 you will come across the travel article with the 2 page document and a few results down the official Celebrity page.  Hope this helps. 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Not sure what links are permissible here without getting zapped; if you google Celebrity Captains Club Benefits and July 11 you will come across the travel article with the 2 page document and a few results down the official Celebrity page.  Hope this helps. 

You can provide the link. Except a TA link. Providing a copy/cut and paste is against CC guidelines. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

You can provide the link. Except a TA link. Providing a copy/cut and paste is against CC guidelines. 

That info is on the standard CC benefits matrix found here:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ca4feeb#/9ca4feeb/1

Second page, far right side, bottom portion of the Cocktail Hour menu.

image.png.2e66ebca98c63d1d321b46b286bf7e4a.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

That info is on the standard CC benefits matrix found here:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ca4feeb#/9ca4feeb/1

Second page, far right side, bottom portion of the Cocktail Hour menu.

Not sure how I missed that in the link before. Thanks. Hope we have the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge on our September Summit cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not sure how I missed that in the link before. Thanks. Hope we have the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge on our September Summit cruise. 

Let us know; I have friends going on Infinity next month - if I hear anything about it I'll be sure to let you know likewise 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:14 PM, davekathy said:

Celebrity has updated the CC benefits brochure. The only change I quickly find is the removal of that bit indicating passed canapes. CC HH is probably not coming back to how many liked it, IMHO.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/a9b099b8#/a9b099b8/1

I certainly hope your September cruise is awesome either way.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:14 PM, davekathy said:

Just got off Summit.  Most people have the beverage package.  With being able to get a drink in any bar from 5-7pm, no more Sky Lounge HH.  They Sky Lounge is now open to everyone during those hours.  On a 7-night sailing, they did have two Captain's club events, mostly during the middle of the day, where they closed the Sky Lounge and passed out apps.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, 39august said:

I bet you can still go up there for drinks. I don't think it will be at all crowded like it used to be. Although some people will go up there to socialize, many people went because it was the only place to get their free drinks. Between AI and the fact that you can get your elite drink at any bar, I don't think you'll see crowds. 

• Thanks 1