Royal Up Accepted

We put in a few bids for upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise, not expecting anything.  Got notice this morning that they accepted our bid and we have been moved from Balcony Cabin to a Grand Suite -Large Balcony, 1 bedroom.  I’m in shock.  What should we expect in a Grand Suite?  This is our first time on a Royal in 10 years and we always book a hump balcony.  This Grand Suite is also on the hump.  We are so excited but don’t know what to expect.  Any info is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, thethreeofus said:

We put in a few bids for upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise, not expecting anything.  Got notice this morning that they accepted our bid and we have been moved from Balcony Cabin to a Grand Suite -Large Balcony, 1 bedroom.  I’m in shock.  What should we expect in a Grand Suite?  This is our first time on a Royal in 10 years and we always book a hump balcony.  This Grand Suite is also on the hump.  We are so excited but don’t know what to expect.  Any info is greatly appreciated. 

You are going to LOVE it.   We got a bid award from a JS to a OS for our June 17th sailing and it was simply incredible. 

Be prepared for the amazing dining room Coastal Kitchen, service is simply amazing, especially for a nice, peaceful breakfast. 

Edited by skyking

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You can also order room service from the MDR menu. Our favorite was breakfast and late night dessert during the MDR hours. Enjoy !!!

100% this, sad I never used the dining room table in the Owners Suite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyking said:

100% this, sad I never used the dining room table in the Owners Suite. 

That is sad. We certainly did recently on Navigator, Explorer and will again on Jewel in two weeks.

1 hour ago, skyking said:

I got some boarding day footage of the Coastal Kitchen here for you:) 

Great video. Thanks for sharing.  I’m assuming the Coastal Kitchen is a dining area for suite guests only?  Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

9 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Great video. Thanks for sharing.  I’m assuming the Coastal Kitchen is a dining area for suite guests only?  Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Yes. Reservations required for dinner.

Can best be described as somewhere between the MDR & a specialty restaurant (based on my extensive experience of having access for one 7-night cruise on Harmony recently).

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations!    

Here is a list from Royal's website of what perks are included for Sky Class Suites.

image.thumb.png.2abe595395ee05d709204927a557c625.png

Thank you so much. So from the looks of this, I should cancel the internet  VOOM package that I purchased since it comes with this room?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Yes correct, it's breakfast, lunch, and dinner.   You need to make reservation times for dinner, but it's never an issue.   It's amazing to walk out of there after breakfast and see the LONG line to get into the WJ.   I will be posting more video from the CK on our channel. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes. Reservations required for dinner.

Can best be described as somewhere between the MDR & a specialty restaurant (based on my extensive experience of having access for one 7-night cruise on Harmony recently).

Love that location on the Harmony, it was right outside the door of our cabin.   Love it!

4 hours ago, thethreeofus said:

Since October we were twice moved from an OVB to a GS.  You will love it.  The only real downside is you can get spoiled.   When we cruised this May we didn't win a bid and had to cruise in an OVB.....  😳

The large bathroom is a big plus.  We also enjoyed the KC breakfast and lunch.  Great view and service.  From KC we were able to grab exta water to take with us at ports and cokes for the room.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Since October we were twice moved from an OVB to a GS.  You will love it.  The only real downside is you can get spoiled.   When we cruised this May we didn't win a bid and had to cruise in an OVB.....  😳

The large bathroom is a big plus.  We also enjoyed the KC breakfast and lunch.  Great view and service.  From KC we were able to grab exta water to take with us at ports and cokes for the room.

if you royal up'ed how much per person was it to move?  I wonder how having 4 people in a room effect the cost of the upgrade.  is it total cost?  I am asking from the rcl or 3rd party standpoint.  meaning if its 1000$ was that 250 per person or if it was 2 people would it still be 1000.

3 minutes ago, miyanc said:

if you royal up'ed how much per person was it to move?  I wonder how having 4 people in a room effect the cost of the upgrade.  is it total cost?  I am asking from the rcl or 3rd party standpoint.  meaning if its 1000$ was that 250 per person or if it was 2 people would it still be 1000.

Only the 1st 2 people pay. So 2X your bid if you wanna look at it that way.

1 hour ago, thethreeofus said:

Coastal Kitchen is a suite restaurant.  You will need reservations for dinner but not breakfast and lunch.  You should receive a welcome email from the concierge the week before you sailing.  You can ask the concierge to make your reservations for you for the week so you don't need to bother once you board.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the info.  We are excited and a bit nervous about it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, miyanc said:

Like OCSC said, if it was a Royal UP bid it's 2x the bid no matter how many are in the room.  Are 1st was a Royal UP.  The  2nd was an upgrade through guess service.   Both cruises was back when we were still at about 50% capacity. 

1 hour ago, thethreeofus said:

Thank you so much. So from the looks of this, I should cancel the internet  VOOM package that I purchased since it comes with this room?

Each person in the room will get free internet on 1 device each.   If someone uses 2 devices they still only need one package.   I use a phone and an iPad.  If I am on the phone I just sign off the phone and use the same account to sign in with the iPad.  You are going to love the GS.  

A surprise to us the first time we were in a GS was the doorbell.  You will see what I mean when you get there.  You are going to love it.  Enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Each person in the room will get free internet on 1 device each.   If someone uses 2 devices they still only need one package.   I use a phone and an iPad.  If I am on the phone I just sign off the phone and use the same account to sign in with the iPad.  You are going to love the GS.  

A surprise to us the first time we were in a GS was the doorbell.  You will see what I mean when you get there.  You are going to love it.  Enjoy. 

We didn’t even know we had a doorbell til  our stateroom attendant used it while we were in the room. 🙈

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We didn’t even know we had a doorbell til  our stateroom attendant used it while we were in the room. 🙈

On our last cruise some kids were ringing and running.   I opened the door and security was already in the hall trying to catch them.  They were ringing several doors.  😆 we enjoyed ringing our friends doorbell.  😆