How to Opt Out of Regent Brochures/Mailings?...

rkaratsu

I must receieve at least two to three mailings from Regent every week (and TBH, don't even look at most).  How can I opt out of receiving them?  I looked on the web site, logged into my account and tried calling Regent all to no avail.  

TIA.

RK

We get a couple of Regent ads in the US mail each week. No problem for me, except that all advertised cruises are priced over $1K pp/per day — except for a few window rooms on the Navigator. I don’t know of a way to opt out of advertising material in the US mail. But email ads are required to include an opt out link.

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

We no longer receive any Regent marketing, either by mail or email. We haven't received a SSS Newsletter for years despite numerous requests ☹️

Same for us and I have wondered if it’s because we moved but now you’ve confirmed it. I suppose with restricted numbers there is no need to advertise or promote. Oh, and yes I’ve requested too. 

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

We get a couple of Regent ads in the US mail each week. No problem for me, except that all advertised cruises are priced over $1K pp/per day — except for a few window rooms on the Navigator. I don’t know of a way to opt out of advertising material in the US mail. But email ads are required to include an opt out link.

There are plenty of cruises under $1000 a night...just don't look at the Med or Northern Europe. 

• Like 1

@flossie009 @Guerncruising we received one of the fairly hefty A4 brochures recently with a fascinating article about the top ten Japanese Castles to visit (yes, with the listing of cruises which featured those castles), and another three or four articles of a similar nature but focused on different parts of the world.  I found it really useful, so took out the info I wanted and recycled the rest (so can't send a pic of the cover).  Sorry to highlight "what you missed" but just wondering how it is that I still get the brochures when you two don't (even though you'd like to). 

I'll bet Amanda could fix it for you.   (But I think the SSS magazines are no longer sent?)

40 minutes ago, Gilly said:

I'll bet Amanda could fix it for you.

👎 🙁

Pre-covid there used to be a weekly email “Graham Sadler’s pick of the week”. Is there anything similar from Regent U.K. these days?

Edited by flossie009

Yes, I believe my recent Regent mail ads have been for Europe. Probably the cost of business air is driving up the total price. But with all the air problems in Europe I’ve heard of lately, the point is moot. Yet, I have no reason to want to discontinue these.

I am in Australia , yet to do a Regent cruise. We get mailings sometime twice weekly, I get a bit annoyed that this is such a waste of $’s on paper and production, along with mail costs. The brochures are of such high quality it is a shame to toss them out, what a waste. We recycle as much as possible.

now I know to go to website to bail out. Thank you for this information.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Wow! But to be honest, my wife and I just booked 14 days, ABCs and Southern Carribean next April, concierge, for less than $580 pp/per day, so they aren’t ALL priced over $1k pp/per day. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Pre-covid there used to be a weekly email “Graham Sadler’s pick of the week”. Is there anything similar from Regent U.K. these days?

Yes, do you not get Amanda Chapple's  emails?  Latest one had the title "Find your perfect Caribbean Shore Excursion" - you must have *really* upset someone if you don't even get those 😉 😮 🤣

10 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I’ve tried, but still get them………..

I called Regent Customer Service twice over a six month period and finally the mailings stopped.  I also made sure my preferences were updated at https://www.rssc.com/change-address/

Maybe if they didnt spend so much money on all the numerous weekly brochures/catalogs and mailings the majority of their sailing price would not average $1000+ per person per day 👌👍🤗😊

9 hours ago, Arlopop said:

Wow! But to be honest, my wife and I just booked 14 days, ABCs and Southern Carribean next April, concierge, for less than $580 pp/per day, so they aren’t ALL priced over $1k pp/per day. 

Of course, they aren't. Summer cruises to Alaskan, Northern Europe and the Med are very expensive....most of the other stuff can be as much as half those prices. Enjoy your trip! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Of course, they aren't. Summer cruises to Alaskan, Northern Europe and the Med are very expensive....most of the other stuff can be as much as half those prices. Enjoy your trip! 

The Med and Northern Europe pricing climbs because of business air. Whether you’re pricing Regent, Silversea (included economy air), or Seabourn (no air included), once business class drops in they all hit roughly the same price point.

Alaska is just Alaska, regardless of the line.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:46 AM, Gilly said:

Yes, do you not get Amanda Chapple's  emails?  Latest one had the title "Find your perfect Caribbean Shore Excursion" - you must have *really* upset someone if you don't even get those 😉 😮 🤣

We don't receive Amanda Chapple's emails but we do receive Graham's and I will agree with you that the brochure about the castles and other places was lovely and I eagerly poured over the penguins at Boulder Beach. 

• Like 1

Anyone in the UK who don’t receive any info from Regent can have some of ours, we generally get 3 a week, sometime we get 2 a day, the postman has actually knocked and complained 😀. End of the year we are doing a Regent grand cruise and are wondering if we will be able to open our front door, because of the regent brochures. Funny enough we didn’t get the Japanese castles or the Amanda emails, don’t know wether to feel relieve or disappointed.

Edited by charltonkerry

1 hour ago, charltonkerry said:

wondering if we will be able to open our front door, because of the regent brochures. Funny enough we didn’t get the Japanese castles or the Amanda emails, don’t know wether to feel relieve or disappointed.

9 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

We don't receive Amanda Chapple's emails but we do receive Graham's

I wonder if there are different mailing lists?  Though we certainly get mailings in the post from Regent, I wouldn't say they arrive in excessive numbers, maybe just one a week?  We have noted that they are always addressed to me - not dh and I wonder if @charltonkerry you are both on some list or other to get duplicate mailings?  Perhaps too, some of them are generated by travel agents?  We've always booked direct with Southampton, so don't get anything from the cruise marketers, but perhaps they send out the same brochures as Regent send directly?

Who knows?  But I agree, it's a pain in the neck and I spend a great deal of time unsubscribing from lists simply because they send too much *stuff* - either email or post catalogues.    

On 7/14/2022 at 8:03 PM, califsealion said:

I opted out of physical mailings about a year ago - I did it by an online form on the website.  Unfortunately it is an all or none thing.  I wouldn't mind the annual catalog to drool over, but the twice weekly mailings was too much.

Found it!

https://www.rssc.com/change-address/

On 7/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, Travelingwithstyle said:

I called Regent Customer Service twice over a six month period and finally the mailings stopped.  I also made sure my preferences were updated at https://www.rssc.com/change-address/

Maybe if they didnt spend so much money on all the numerous weekly brochures/catalogs and mailings the majority of their sailing price would not average $1000+ per person per day 👌👍🤗😊

I know - it's absurd, isn't it?  It's all so hit-and-miss.  I love the annual catalog but I can absolutely do without the incessant flow of smaller mailings and brochures.  They literally to right into the trash.  And the SSS newsletter comes when it wants to...

I find it hard to believe that Regent can't find a way to tailor their mailings - how tough would it be to have check boxes for the Annual Catalog, SSS newsletter, and the six billion other smaller brochures and then we just receive the ones we've selected.  Honestly, it couldn't be THAT difficult...maybe that's something that @Mike Moore could address??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

I know - it's absurd, isn't it?  It's all so hit-and-miss.  I love the annual catalog but I can absolutely do without the incessant flow of smaller mailings and brochures.  They literally to right into the trash.  And the SSS newsletter comes when it wants to...

I find it hard to believe that Regent can't find a way to tailor their mailings - how tough would it be to have check boxes for the Annual Catalog, SSS newsletter, and the six billion other smaller brochures and then we just receive the ones we've selected.  Honestly, it couldn't be THAT difficult...maybe that's something that @Mike Moore could address??

Good morning - it is something we are working on, as we consolidate a few systems here, but given all the moving pieces involved, it will probably be mid-2023 before the ability to "opt down" in frequency becomes a reality. 

• Like 3