Question for Recent Enchantment Cruisers

I was last on the Enchantment in Sept 2018. For those who have sailed recently, how is the ship and service? I can't remember, is there a dedicated diamond lounge? Anything of importance I should know? 

I'm not concerned that it is not one of the big ships with all the bells and whistles (flow rider, water slides, amusement park feel, etc.) as I don't have young children, and those types of activities don't appeal to me. 

Thanks!

Hi, we were on her about 2019, yes, there is a diamond lounge and there was a concierge lounge too, both up in the Viking Crown, we are sailing on her again next year through the PC and looking forward to it as we like the smaller ships with more views.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I can't remember, is there a dedicated diamond lounge?

Yes, all RCI ships currently in the fleet do.

Ship shape and service is about as subjective as the food - probably not much change since you were last on except they removed the bungee venue from the front upper deck.

• Like 1

Just got off the Enchantment yesterday.  Service was as excellent as always. Food, however, could be best described as adequate, with nothing in Windjammer that made me want to go back for seconds. Entertainment was limited. Welcome show was only 15 minutes, and there was only one. Only one big revue show. Other days was a comedian or a juggler.

We were on EN in April for a b2b (20 nights) and are on again in a week.  DL and CL are in the VCL and there is a roped off area in the VCL itself, center window area for Pinns in the evenings.  We only had one production show.  The rest were guest performers.  Not sure if they've added another show since.  Food was good and always came out hot.  They were short staffed but the ship also wasn't at full capacity.  Schooner bar was where we spent time almost every evening and karaoke was a big draw in the Spotlight Lounge as we watched people walking to and from while sitting in the Schooner.  

3 minutes ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

Just got off the Enchantment yesterday.  Service was as excellent as always. Food, however, could be best described as adequate, with nothing in Windjammer that made me want to go back for seconds. Entertainment was limited. Welcome show was only 15 minutes, and there was only one. Only one big revue show. Other days was a comedian or a juggler.

Vision class always only has one welcome show first night.  We've been on GR 7 times, Vision once and EN 3 times over the years and there's only been the one show first night.  We didn't even have a welcome show in April on either leg of our b2b.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, superduper123 said:

I was last on the Enchantment in Sept 2018. For those who have sailed recently, how is the ship and service? I can't remember, is there a dedicated diamond lounge? Anything of importance I should know? 

Did a b2b on Enchantment in March/April. I found the service on the 1st sailing to be the best of all my Royal cruises. I appreciated that in WJ, made to order eggs are brought to your table.

The service suffered(in comparison to the first cruise) on the second cruise as 300 more guests sailed. The entertainment on the first nights of both cruises was a movie. 

The seats in the diamond lounge are placed very close to each other. The area for food service is the smallest I have seen on any Royal ship. The breakfast offerings were very limited the only day I checked.

11 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Did a b2b on Enchantment in March/April. I found the service on the 1st sailing to be the best of all my Royal cruises. I appreciated that in WJ, made to order eggs are brought to your table.

The service suffered(in comparison to the first cruise) on the second cruise as 300 more guests sailed. The entertainment on the first nights of both cruises was a movie. 

The seats in the diamond lounge are placed very close to each other. The area for food service is the smallest I have seen on any Royal ship. The breakfast offerings were very limited the only day I checked.

Breakfast in the DL has always been continental so not a lot of options is the norm.   

We sailed in March. We were a bit worried after sailing on Celebrity Edge, Oasis, Anthem last and this year that we would be bored as our cruises on Grandeur out of Baltimore were during Christmas & New Year and filled with great entertainment. Honestly we had a blast! Centrum, Boleros, Schooner and several other lounges were filled with a music. Production show only happened during last day, but everyday theater entertainment was nice.

These short movies are not professional, but I think they will give you an idea. 🙂

https://youtu.be/144smdDV7ro

https://youtu.be/Ak7pOWClx1c

https://youtu.be/6TGzgEBdKgA

https://youtu.be/GvVHSaBxhm4

https://youtu.be/p96KFM_LeeM

https://youtu.be/2pnP5-rnW0Q

Entertainment we fun, including smaller scale entertainment. Food was Royal Caribbean food. Good to very good. Service was very good. The only problems were with some regular drinks being missed from some bars.

We loved Diamond lounge. Well lounge itself is not great. It is above Crown lounge, but we took whatever we wanted and sat in Crown Lounge near large windows. I think we spent most sailaways there. (Some are in my videos). We will book it again for next March.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

Breakfast in the DL has always been continental so not a lot of options is the norm.   

For your clarification, of all the diamond lounges the Enchantment service area for food was the smallest by far and thus had less choices.

Just returned from a 5-night Bermuda sailing on Enchantment, service was excellent, food was adequate...perception might be colored a bit by the traffic jam that always seemed to ensue in the Windjammer. Main dining room meals were excellent and service there was also very good. Ship is in good shape for her age, if you look for the signs of aging they are there but everything worked well it seemed. There is a Diamond Lounge in the 11th deck.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meadowlander said:

For your clarification, of all the diamond lounges the Enchantment service area for food was the smallest by far and thus had less choices.

Smaller yes, but the same choices I have seen on larger ships, just not as many of each item.

6 hours ago, slyster said:

Can someone share about the late night food offerings?  Is it the Cafe Promenade or where do you get late night snacks?  What is offered?

Vision class ships do not have a Royal Promenade - that debuted with the Voyager class.  Thus there is no Cafe Promenade.  The Park Cafe in the Solarium is where you go for semi-late night snacks.  You can also pay for room service.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Vision class ships do not have a Royal Promenade - that debuted with the Voyager class.  Thus there is no Cafe Promenade.  The Park Cafe in the Solarium is where you go for semi-late night snacks.  You can also pay for room service.

Thank you for that.  I see it has cafe latte-tudes, but that is paid coffee right?  I do have a refreshment package.  I'm not sure how early they open though.  

2 minutes ago, slyster said:

Thank you for that.  I see it has cafe latte-tudes, but that is paid coffee right?  I do have a refreshment package.  I'm not sure how early they open though.  

Yes, it's the coffee place.  I don't drink  coffee and I'm  not an early riser, so I can't tell you when they open.  The good news is that since it's NOT a Starbucks, your package works on everything there.  🙂 

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, it's the coffee place.  I don't drink  coffee and I'm  not an early riser, so I can't tell you when they open.  The good news is that since it's NOT a Starbucks, your package works on everything there.  🙂 

oh good!  That's good to know.  Thank you!

9 hours ago, slyster said:

Just off Enchantment a few days ago. Cafe Latte-tudes opened at 6am each day. Late night snacks were in the Park Cafe in the Solarium and it closed at 12:30 each night. This was on the Bermuda 5 night. May be different with a different itinerary. 

15 hours ago, BND said:

Smaller yes, but the same choices I have seen on larger ships, just not as many of each item.

Glad to see you confirming what I originally wrote concerning how small the food service area is in Enchantment's diamond lounge.