Misleading royal up offers.

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

So you will agree it's misleading advertising to induce one to place a bid?

I’d call it bait and switch, actually. 
Someone who didn’t know the larger balcony doesn’t mean larger cabin would expect what that photo shows. 

18 hours ago, gavvy said:

So I  was watching a blog on Anthem about how they were miss led into a royal up offer and had to fight  for what they thought they were getting. Made me look at my royal up offers and I think I have the same thing.Screenshot_2022-07-15-23-56-29-299_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fcfbce4524fce21c010f119920d6dfb4.jpg

Look at the 2 royal up offers isn't the ocean view large balcony photo a jr suite?

I would be disappointed to win that and get a normal balcony room with a slightly bigger balcony given this photo

Am I wrong?

There is little difference between a JS and An OV balcony. A bathtub, maybe a few more square feet, but the benefits are hardly better than a standard ov. If you want to try for a royal up, bud for a grand suite or higher. 

The two photos look quite different to me.   One has a huge dresser, the other does not.  One is much wider than the other as seen from the width of the sliders.   I would go by the actual dimensions on the RCCL site for the ship.    Photos can be deceptive due to not using a normal lens, but rather a wide angle.   Realtors do it all the time.  

5 hours ago, clover18 said:

There is little difference between a JS and An OV balcony. A bathtub, maybe a few more square feet, but the benefits are hardly better than a standard ov. If you want to try for a royal up, bud for a grand suite or higher. 

Don’t you get double points for a JS?  If you are chasing diamond or diamond plus: ‘easy’ way to chase points

24 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Whilst on the subject of royal up. Can you only bid on cabin grades 1 or 2 levels above your booking..eg if you book an inside can you only bid on balcony and not JS for example. 

You can only bid on what is offered, which usually is as you described. 

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Whilst on the subject of royal up. Can you only bid on cabin grades 1 or 2 levels above your booking..eg if you book an inside can you only bid on balcony and not JS for example. 

This is true.  We booked an interior and our Royal Up offers were up to balcony ONLY.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This is true.  We booked an interior and our Royal Up offers were up to balcony ONLY.

Ah we booked an inside but could put offeres in for all cats, balcony, js etc. Our JS is pending but balcony is now expired. Not that we expect to get a JS just gave the royal up a play as we havent done it before. 

But cheers all.

Just now, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Ah we booked an inside but could put offeres in for all cats, balcony, js etc. Our JS is pending but balcony is now expired. Not that we expect to get a JS just gave the royal up a play as we havent done it before. 

But cheers all.

We are on a small ship, the Enchantment so perhaps this is why.  Best wishes to you.  We leave on the Celebrity Summit on Sunday and they have a similar program.  I have three pending, and one pending but with ability to modify.  The same company runs both programs.  The program at one time was pretty predictable based on status, but, sometimes not as ours is the perfect example.  I do think you have a good chance with the JS based on others expired.  When do you sail?

On 7/16/2022 at 6:21 AM, poocher said:

I always remember a show on PBS in the late 80’s that looked at how tv advertising is created.  Made my then 4 year old daughter watch with me as they showed talking/dancing dolls & action figures & the very fine print saying the toys don’t actually do any of that.  And ice cream made of crisco & paint to look creamy but somehow not melt.

And they also use mashed potatoes for 'ice cream'.

When we went on the Wonder in March, I had an opportunity to bid from a balcony. One of the options was the  large balcony. The disclaimer on the bid page said that the cabin or the balcony could be larger. No guaranties. I didn't bid, and stayed where I was. The minimum bid for that was $120.00.

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Booked an Inside GTY on Anthem.  Royal Up bids were offered up to 2BR GS.

I later self upgraded to Obstructed OV balcony.  Royal Up bids were then offered up to Royal Loft Suite.

Edited by Another_Critic

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are on a small ship, the Enchantment so perhaps this is why.  Best wishes to you.  We leave on the Celebrity Summit on Sunday and they have a similar program.  I have three pending, and one pending but with ability to modify.  The same company runs both programs.  The program at one time was pretty predictable based on status, but, sometimes not as ours is the perfect example.  I do think you have a good chance with the JS based on others expired.  When do you sail?

We sail on brilliance on the 14th aug so a few weeks yet. The JS which is pending we cannot modify at all, when we go into it just says pending and a blank page. But we shall see. I think its just a glitch. But the others have expired. Have a safe trip yourself and hope you enjoy.

The cruise is currently off sale, so i am assuming its full. 

Best regards daron

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
Spelling
  • Like 1