RETREAT Frustrations

Sooo…we have returned from our fabulous cruise on Equinox . The accommodations were excellent. We were in a Royal Suite and treated as though we were really royalty. 
Dinners were delightful. We ate wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted. 
Not too happy with our butler.
But, we have booked another Celebrity cruise  on Equinox for June.Hoping everyone is still so anxious to please us. Any advice about the Celebrity Suite?

sheila

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Bellaggio

We will be on the Equinox in early November. Also in an RS.

If you don’t mind sharing, what room number did you have?

Also, did you avail yourselves of in room dining?

I’ve not utilized on Celebrity, but cruising with friends so we might take advantage of the in suite dining space/table once or twice.

Thanks!

Edited by What A Market

4 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Sooo…we have returned from our fabulous cruise on Equinox . The accommodations were excellent. We were in a Royal Suite and treated as though we were really royalty. 
But, we have booked another Celebrity cruise  on Equinox for June.Hoping everyone is still so anxious to please us. Any advice about the Celebrity Suite?

sheila

Did your butlers name begin with IL…..?  We had him on Equinox RS in April and he was not good.

4 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

We usually cruise in RS or PH suites.  We have encountered outstanding and not so outstanding Butlers.  We have found that writing out our expectations/requests in advance and handing it to our Butler when we board helps DH and I avoid a less than happy experience with the Butler.  But if that does not make you a happy cruiser, the Retreat Host Manager will most definitely work to remedy your less than happy attitude.  Remember, Celebrity considers RS and PH suites to be "upper benefits suites" (on M-class and S-class anyway.).  🙂

4 hours ago, What A Market said:

Hi Bellaggio

We will be on the Equinox in early November. Also in an RS.

If you don’t mind sharing, what room number did you have?

Also, did you avail yourselves of in room dining?

I’ve not utilized on Celebrity, but cruising with friends so we might take advantage of the in suite dining space/table once or twice.

Thanks!

We were in 1237… loved everything about it. 
We enjoyed breakfast in our suite almost every morning. Most mornings were on the balcony. One morning it was raining …so we had breakfast on the dining room table. 
any questions, just ask!

sheila

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We usually cruise in RS or PH suites.  We have encountered outstanding and not so outstanding Butlers.  We have found that writing out our expectations/requests in advance and handing it to our Butler when we board helps DH and I avoid a less than happy experience with the Butler.  But if that does not make you a happy cruiser, the Retreat Host Manager will most definitely work to remedy your less than happy attitude.  Remember, Celebrity considers RS and PH suites to be "upper benefits suites" (on M-class and S-class anyway.).  🙂

We discussed our issues with the Retreat Manager. We decided that most of the cruise was over, so we did not make any changes. I am sorry I did not do it sooner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We discussed our issues with the Retreat Manager. We decided that most of the cruise was over, so we did not make any changes. I am sorry I did not do it sooner.

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Yes we learned that lesson........sooner is definitely better than later; which is our reason for setting the scene for how we like things when we board the ship!  🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with your butler. We were on Equinox in April and had an amazing host (butler). We had never been in a Suite before and were not sure what to expect. Well we could not have been happier with Rene. He took such great care of us and was so attentive. Maybe he just had a connection with us, but we could not have asked for anyone better.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with your butler. We were on Equinox in April and had an amazing host (butler). We had never been in a Suite before and were not sure what to expect. Well we could not have been happier with Rene. He took such great care of us and was so attentive. Maybe he just had a connection with us, but we could not have asked for anyone better.  

We have had a butler on every cruise for the last 10 years. It had nothing to do with..a connection. There were too many incidents. A good butler knows what is expected. A quick example…. Breakfast was being set up for us on our balcony. I noticed that my bread was not on the table and mentioned that it was missing that morning. The butler said I probably forgot to order it.. instead, a good butler would answer… so sorry…I will be right back with your bread. 
There are other examples… but that should suffice. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

The butler said I probably forgot to order it.

Yes, that was definitely the wrong response to you in that situation. Our butler did a great job of anticipating our needs as well as responding to requests that were not easy to anticipate. We hope to do a suite on Celebrity again some time. For this week's cruise we are back to a CC Veranda.

• Like 2

Our last butler, Anu, was positively amazing.  If the toast had been absent, he'd have offered to bake a loaf.

Really wish I knew where he landed after his vacation after his last Connie contract.  Would be nice to he able to thank him once again for a wonderful experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

Sadly, my advice about the Celebrity suite is either save your money and get a Sky Suite or put in a bid for a Royal. We really thought the small increase in space with the ability for one person to sleep in the bedroom while coffee is delivered in the morning would make it a winner, but it just didn’t work for us. I really didn’t like the bathroom.

First World problems!

Edited by cangelmd
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Sadly, my advice about the Celebrity suite is either save your money and get a Sky Suite or put in a bid for a Royal. We really thought the small increase in space with the ability for one person to sleep in the bedroom while coffee is delivered in the morning would make it a winner, but it just didn’t work for us. I really didn’t like the bathroom.

First World problems!

Agree…we hated the S class CS although it had seemed to offer everything we were looking for. Hated the enclosed bedroom, lounge seemed small, Jack and Jill bathroom not for us…Would totally go for your suggestions of SS or RS!

Definitely a marmite suite, you love it or you hate it!

• Like 2

On our last cruise, Hilario out "personal retreat host", was amazing.  Just as an example, he saw us as we were talking toward our room after coming back from being ashore and stopped to talk with us.  He asked about our day and what our plans were.  We mentioned getting a quick bite to eat, it was lunch time, and he ask if we would like a turkey club sandiwch.  We both said yes.  He told us to go wait in our rooms and he would bring them to us right away. 

Not 15 minutes later he was back with sandwiches, fries (still hot), and the drinks we ordered.  He set them up on our balcony and we had a wonder lunch.  

• Like 7

We've not been on X for a long time. Decided to try Retreat Class service and booked the Celebrity Suite, one grade down from a Royal Suite for a holiday cruise.

Will we get similar amenities, service and contact from a Retreat rep as described herein this thread by RS cruisers?

Or is the Retreat Celebrity Suite not entitled to the same level of service, reservations, etc as a Retreat Royal Suite?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

We've not been on X for a long time. Decided to try Retreat Class service and booked the Celebrity Suite, one grade down from a Royal Suite for a holiday cruise.

Will we get similar amenities, service and contact from a Retreat rep as described herein this thread by RS cruisers?

Or is the Retreat Celebrity Suite not entitled to the same level of service, reservations, etc as a Retreat Royal Suite?  

No.  Think of a CS as a larger SS.  Additional stuff doesn't kick in until you book RS or above.

You should receive contact from a shoreside concierge about reservations, however.  If not, reach out to them at the Retreat number.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

We've been in both Celebrity Suites and Royal Suites, we love them both.  I know some don't like the CS but it's really our stateroom of choice especially if we can get one on the back side of the hump on the Solstice class ships.  The balcony is enormous.  As to amenities, CS does not get the free specialty dining or the bar set ups and other beverages that RS gets but other than that our butlers did an equal job in both.  We saw no difference in service, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, cangelmd said:

First World problems!

12 hours ago, chemmo said:

Agree…we hated the S class CS although it had seemed to offer everything we were looking for. Hated the enclosed bedroom, lounge seemed small, Jack and Jill bathroom not for us…Would totally go for your suggestions of SS or RS!

Definitely a marmite suite, you love it or you hate it!

AGREE 100%. The Celebrity Suite was a one and done for us. The bathroom is terrible and the "bedroom" is very tight. I would much rather be in a SS or RS (if budget allows).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

Yes, that was definitely the wrong response to you in that situation. Our butler did a great job of anticipating our needs as well as responding to requests that were not easy to anticipate. We hope to do a suite on Celebrity again some time. For this week's cruise we are back to a CC Veranda.

9 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

AGREE 100%. The Celebrity Suite was a one and done for us. The bathroom is terrible and the "bedroom" is very tight. I would much rather be in a SS or RS (if budget allows).

As already posted, there are outstanding butlers and not so outstanding ones.  Maybe outlining your expectations when you board might aleviate this type of response?

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

As already posted, there are outstanding butlers and not so outstanding ones.  Maybe outlining your expectations when you board might aleviate this type of response?

I think you quoted the wrong post. My post has nothing to do with butlers. 

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise, Hilario out "personal retreat host", was amazing.  Just as an example, he saw us as we were talking toward our room after coming back from being ashore and stopped to talk with us.  He asked about our day and what our plans were.  We mentioned getting a quick bite to eat, it was lunch time, and he ask if we would like a turkey club sandiwch.  We both said yes.  He told us to go wait in our rooms and he would bring them to us right away. 

Not 15 minutes later he was back with sandwiches, fries (still hot), and the drinks we ordered.  He set them up on our balcony and we had a wonder lunch.  

What suite were you in?  Celebrity suite?