Tho weeks on the Rotterdam: Norway here we come!

gerard55

After more than 2 1/2 years (and numerous cancellations) we are off to Amsterdam for a two week cruise (B2B) to Norway. I will try to share our experience/impressions/activities. Feel free to ask questions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

@gerard55

Please report on the situation at PTA.  Is 'Verifly' recognised?  Priority Check in?  Any retail outlets in the building?

Thanks!

We are Dutch residents so we took the train to Amsterdam. I tried VeriFLY because at first we did not get a mail from the HAL about the test not needed for this cruise.

No retail inside the PTA but enough shops and restaurants in the vicinity. The PTA is a 15 minute walk from the trainstation which is in the center from Amsterdam (with even more shops/restaurants etc).

Priority check in for 4 and 5 star Mariners as well as people who need assistance. From entering PTA till entering the cabin it took no more than 25/30 minutes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

@gerard55

Please report on the situation at PTA.  Is 'Verifly' recognised?  Priority Check in?  Any retail outlets in the building?

Thanks!

No retail in the building (quite a few shops in the nearby Central Station), May 1st: Priority check in for passengers with Covidtest results (others had to be tested in that period). Priority line for stars and suites: yes, but no difference in the end. Navigator and originals on paper used for embarkation.  From handing our luggage to the porter the whole process took 30/45 minutes if I remember well.  If I understand well Verifly did not make much of a difference (or even none) for passengers embarking in Amsterdam. I hope you will get more reactions. 

Edited by MAVIP
t had to be r
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gerard55 said:

We are Dutch residents so we took the train to Amsterdam. I tried VeriFLY because at first we did not get a mail from the HAL about the test not needed for this cruise.

No retail inside the PTA but enough shops and restaurants in the vicinity. The PTA is a 15 minute walk from the trainstation which is in the center from Amsterdam (with even more shops/restaurants etc).

Priority check in for 4 and 5 star Mariners as well as people who need assistance. From entering PTA till entering the cabin it took no more than 25/30 minutes.

Thank you for the information.

4 hours ago, gerard55 said:

Perhaps we meer at the meet and greet (of there is one?).

I don’t know if one.

Verifly made no difference to us.  1of us had it and 2 of us didn’t.  Since no test was needed we couldn’t complete Verifly.  That made a huge issue with checking in for our flights, though.

We had dinner in the MDR last night, the place was full. Service was smooth, we loved the roast chicken. Afterwards we visited the BB Kingclub and Rolling Stone Rock and Roll room. The BB King band was excellent, the dancefloor was empty at first but the band stimulated the people to dance. And so we did😎.

EB0769A4-4E9B-46F2-A0D2-714AD944F519.jpeg

Edited by gerard55
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1