I thought the Medallion app was bad until I tried to use the Verifly app ...

We_like_to_cruise

British Airways recommends using the Verifly App to check in. 

After numerous hours of inputting data, reaching dead ends in the app, installing and re-installing the app, my final result is wasted time and nothing to show for it. 

From what I can read on the BA website, I can still just simply bring my paper documents to the airport to check in, just cannot check in online without the  *@#^!  app. 

Has that been the experience of other Princess cruisers?

I tried calling BA directly - not able to even leave a message, they simply hung up on me -- too busy !

Thank you.

Edited by We_like_to_cruise
edit
  • Like 1

• We_like_to_cruise changed the title to I thought the Medallion app was bad until I tried to use the Verifly app ...

I had no problems using Verifly for my two cruises on Carnival this year.  It is not intuitive, however I was able to get it to work.  For reference I have a digital record from my state and so was able to load the QR code into my app for vaccination validation and then the test results were approved a few minutes after I loaded them.  

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

Tried to locate my wife on board Regal now. It said she was in a specific place on deck 17.

The deck was correct but no where near where she actually was.

The app’ is crap!

I ordered 2 beers from a deck waiter and told him where I'd be as well as had my medallion on me. My wife got 6 beers in our cabin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

I ordered 2 beers from a deck waiter and told him where I'd be as well as had my medallion on me. My wife got 6 beers in our cabin.

Well, at least you got the beer, some people haven't been that lucky 😁

21 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Were 4 of them free?

The funny thing was they put the beers on my Wife's account. My wife doesn't drink more than a cocktail at dinner and when she ordered in the dining room they said her total for the day had been reached. She looked at me like " you couldn't have had 30 beers already". Customer service took off the charge for her dinner drink.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, nini said:

Do not worry about adding the Verifly app. It is not necessary. Our experience in flying to LHR and then home is that the airport staff prefer hard copies anyway.

Thanks for the info.  Despite this thread getting off topic with the Medallion app issues, I was hoping someone would chime in with info on the Verifly app.

👍👍😁

On 7/18/2022 at 4:31 AM, Esprit said:

Tried to locate my wife on board Regal now. It said she was in a specific place on deck 17.

The deck was correct but no where near where she actually was.

The app’ is crap!

On my last cruise the app said I was in my room for hours yet I was probably in Explorers on Deck 7. My daughter had to look for me the old fashioned way.