Will Carnival Follow Princess Easing Vaccine Restrictions

sunonfire

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Fantastic. It won't be long now.

...because I'm sure Virgin and its whopping ONE ship operating from the US is oh-so-influential.

Maybe Carnival's keeping a careful eye on Margaritaville of the Seas as well!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Trying to decide weather to order the tests for Aug 29 cruise..Im sure as soon as I order, they will end the testing requirement . But if I put it off...

That's just a month and a week away. I wouldn't count on the testing requirements to be gone before then....but you never know. I'm not a gambling, and I sure wouldn't want to take a chance like that. YMMV. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Trying to decide weather to order the tests for Aug 29 cruise..Im sure as soon as I order, they will end the testing requirement . But if I put it off...

Can you order the USPS at home tests still? Then all you need is the on point testing which can be purchased much closer to the sail date.

2 minutes ago, trpschick said:

It doesn’t matter if the cruise lines relax their restrictions if you’re unvaccinated. You may be able to be on board the ship but you won’t be able to get off at any port so what’s the point?

Many ports have dropped their rules against unvaccinated. Like Mexico ports and Belize. So my western Caribbean stops are all open to any visitor without a test or vaccines. But CDC required it up until this week, so carnival did. Maybe that will change soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Many ports have dropped their rules against unvaccinated. Like Mexico ports and Belize. So my western Caribbean stops are all open to any visitor without a test or vaccines. But CDC required it up until this week, so carnival did. Maybe that will change soon.

Hopefully Eastern Caribbean ports will follow suit. Grand Turk is one of my favorite ports and you can’t go offshore unless you’re vaxxed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Can you order the USPS at home tests still? Then all you need is the on point testing which can be purchased much closer to the sail date.

We actually have some at home tests so I’m leaning that way ..but have read a couple of stories about On Point testing like having trouble making  appointments etc that make me nervous . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pinto18 said:

We actually have some at home tests so I’m leaning that way ..but have read a couple of stories about On Point testing like having trouble making  appointments etc that make me nervous . 

I think it is a little clunky, but my mom and dad used it last night. They had a long wait after changing their appointment time, but otherwise I think it worked. My sister’s family is using them today.

9 hours ago, trpschick said:

It doesn’t matter if the cruise lines relax their restrictions if you’re unvaccinated. You may be able to be on board the ship but you won’t be able to get off at any port so what’s the point?

False

• Like 3

16 hours ago, trpschick said:

Cruising would be the point.   

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, pinto18 said:

Abbot Labs/Emed...stock gonna tank soon....the cash cow is dead.

1 minute ago, topaz123 said:

Abbot Labs/Emed...stock gonna tank soon....the cash cow is dead.

Abbot had it's EUA removed by the FDA last July due to faulty tests. I believe they found 22 issues with the tests, yet they are still being sold and used.  Abbot is also the baby formula company.🤔. Nothing to see

1 hour ago, Drazil65 said:

Yes, we ordered some yesterday.

Be sure to check the expiration dates when you get them.  Still seeing people getting the tests with a 8/21/22 expiration date (they sail after that in September).  

Some kits have had their expiry date extended.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:17 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

P&O has now ended pre-testing as well. 

P&O is owned by Carnival and mainly operating out of the UK and Europe yet the Pride  operating out of the UK/Europe still requires pre-testing.  Doesn't make sense that passengers aboard the P&O Iona visiting ports in Norway don't require a covid test but Carnival Pride passengers visiting the same ports are required to have it

• Like 1

The total focus remains stayed on passenger and crew safety. The only way Carnival will eliminate the pre cruise testing is that if their revenue starts to decrease due to passengers switching to Virgin, etc. 

Because of the value added pricing for Carnival I really don't predict that happening. Carnival and Royal are still playing the wait and see game. If Virgin and these other lines have a reported "massive Covid breakout" then that will again shut down their Cruises. Nobody wants to see that happen again. 

Be patient and continue to get tested so we can all continue to enjoy our Carnival Cruise passion!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

The total focus remains stayed on passenger and crew safety. The only way Carnival will eliminate the pre cruise testing is that if their revenue starts to decrease due to passengers switching to Virgin, etc. 

Although you don't anticipate this happening, you're saying Carnival would abandon their total focus on pax and crew safety if revenue begins to fall due to pax choosing a different line?  Doesn't sound totally focused to me.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, Itried4498 said:

...because I'm sure Virgin and its whopping ONE ship operating from the US is oh-so-influential.

Maybe Carnival's keeping a careful eye on Margaritaville of the Seas as well!

No but the first of the big three to get rid of precruise testing will be getting all my money until Carnival decides to wise up.

I have two cruises booked already, but my next cruise will be with whoever drops the theatrics.

Smart decisions based in reality will drive the market and decide which lines survive and which do not.

I'm fine if lines do or do not drop the vaccine reqyurement.

I do not care about anybody else's vaccine status

But the precruise testing clearly isn't working with how many people are coming home with covid after their cruise.

So having an ineffective tool that just places an added cost and time waste upon the cruiser is simply stupid.

• Like 8