Taking a Pre Cruise Test

4x4bob

We recently needed a document while we were in Ireland.  No business center, even though it is a  hotel that has some business travel.  Oh well, We emailed that document to an employee at the front desk who printed it for us.  

I wish that Princess would allow a reputable Pharmacy to observe "Proctor" the tests.

(I did. hear whispers that they were at least thinking about this)

This whole expensive, online, video call thing is too much of a pain.

We could stop at the Pharmacy next to the hotel and be on our way.

3 hours ago, Billish said:

Interesting to note that P&O (UK) are doing away with monitored testing from July 24th. 

All you have to do now is take a self administered test within 48 hours of departure, and declare that you tested negative on the pre-cruise medical questionnaire.  

No evidence is required.

The rationale from P&O is that whilst Covid is still rife, the actual symptoms in the vast majority of cases are so mild that a reduced testing protocol is in order.

Because they know they can trust people not to lie 😉

23 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

Be careful though.  If they count 3 days as 72 hours before departure.  I have read reports (not princess) of people being turned away at the ship because they had tested 74 hours before departure even though it was still 'three days'.  W e probably need to find out what Princess policy is for definite.

If you look at the information on their webpage you will see they count days not hours. We tested on a Wednesday for a Saturday departure. That would be the 3 day max. Day of departure doesn't count in the 3 days.

16 minutes ago, adstz said:

If you look at the information on their webpage you will see they count days not hours. We tested on a Wednesday for a Saturday departure. That would be the 3 day max. Day of departure doesn't count in the 3 days.

3 days is only for US departures. It is 72 hours if leaving from Canada 

On 7/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

None of my business but doesn’t arriving to port 2 days before sailing a bit of an extreme measure ?  I think 1 day before is more than enough but never heard of 2 days (for the sole purpose of just in case)

Omg if I only had 1 travel day to London (or anywhere in Europe) ..... any chance you've seen flight issues?

7 hours ago, memoak said:

3 days is only for US departures. It is 72 hours if leaving from Canada 

And nobody seems to know for certain if it is 72 hrs based on a theoretical and uncertain check-in time, or the ship departure time.  Having it based on the latter isn't all that convenient since vast majority arrive and are on-board well before the departure time.  

13 hours ago, terry&mike said:

You need the BinaxNow proctored test, which is the one with the red stripe on the box, not the other one. You take it with a proctor over a zoom type call, and your results are posted to the app and sent to you.

We have had good success in having the front desk of our hotels print out a copy of the results document for us. 

Thank you. I have the store version so it isn’t proctored. I was hoping this would all go away.  

On 7/19/2022 at 2:34 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Princess is not allowing to bring your own test kit?

Any experience on using their testing at Ft Lauderdale?

We ordered the proctored tests through Princess. We will do them here in the states before we fly. We are vaccinated and 2 boosters sailing from Southampton. My understanding is we can test Friday with a sail date of Monday.  We did this same thing for a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale back in November. There is an app (Navica) that they send the results to. We showed this to Princess upon check in. No need for a hard copy although it's never a bad idea to have the paper copy. Hope this helps! 

10 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

Thank you. I have the store version so it isn’t proctored. I was hoping this would all go away.  

Not likely to go away and I hope it stays.  I’m not getting on any ship that doesn’t do testing , unless of course they require all pax and crew to be vaxed (with no exceptions)

Edited by Cruise till you drop

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

And nobody seems to know for certain if it is 72 hrs based on a theoretical and uncertain check-in time, or the ship departure time.  Having it based on the latter isn't all that convenient since vast majority arrive and are on-board well before the departure time.  

Most people are on board maybe 4 hours or so before sailing. That is not a big issue   We have always gotten our PCR results back in 24-36 hours from our health provider