Husband is worried about quarantine

zitsky

15 hours ago, Gia2cats said:

Don’t want to get in to quoting anyone here in authority,  but here in the US, exactly 1 year ago, we were told that COVID is a “disease of the unvaccinated” . As an RN, I unfortunately  believed it. I will agree that wasn’t said about the current variants and that referred to the original COVID.

The original Covid virus that ALL of the current vaccines were designed against is very long gone.  Current highly infectious Omicron variant strains are really very different and the vaccines used now will not protect against infection. But we will get protection from serious disease.  For protection against infection, we need to wait for the Omicron booster vaccines coming out soon.  Let's see what happens then.

• Like 3

Funny how most people will take any other medication a doctor prescribes, even when a doctor will say it may work or it may not work , but when it comes to vaccines they will say no even it show vaccine will keep majority of people from getting very sick  

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We got our 4th (2nd booster) Pfizer shots Sunday.  We continually get them just like we do with the flu shots. 

I got my 4th Moderna shot this past Friday, will continue to do so as well when new vaccines are available and I am eligible.  Though this being over 60 stuff does tend to move me to the head of the line quicker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I got my 4th Moderna shot this past Friday, will continue to do so as well when new vaccines are available and I am eligible.  Though this being over 60 stuff does tend to move me to the head of the line quicker.

L5 - I did not know you were >60!!! LOL

Welcome to the club and bon voyage!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

L5 - I did not know you were >60!!! LOL

Welcome to the club and bon voyage!!!

I did not know you were >60 -  62.5 to be exact and it's the Botox and I am a very proud graduate of Collagen

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I did not know you were >60 -  62.5 to be exact and it's the Botox and I am a very proud graduate of Collagen

LOL, please forward your list of 'practitioners' so I can at least try to catch up???

bon voyage

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, please forward your list of 'practitioners' so I can at least try to catch up???

bon voyage

I have discovered the Fountain of Youth for you, Bo.  Visited a new restaurant this last weekend.  Note what gets top billing on this particular list.  Took the photo just for you!

20220604_204456.thumb.jpg.88ba54937aa9575255ee7bc54dabdac4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I have discovered the Fountain of Youth for you, Bo.  Visited a new restaurant this last weekend.  Note what gets top billing on this particular list.  Took the photo just for you!

I noticed no prices on that menu!  I recall the good ole days (you know...waaaay back to 2016) when Blantons was $50 and Weller 12 year was $30.  And both were available everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

I noticed no prices on that menu!  I recall the good ole days (you know...waaaay back to 2016) when Blantons was $50 and Weller 12 year was $30.  And both were available everywhere.

Re: Menu Prices:  Guess it's covered under the "If you have to ask..." formula!

I was surprised at this lineup.  Can't remember the last time I've seen one that nice.

Would be nice if a list like this were to appear on an X ship!

20 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Nice BOURBON list…just turned 59 here…

Wow - we caught you just in time!

From his handle, I'm guessing that Bo and I are both 68, give or take a birthday.  So now knowing how we got ahead of you, and seeing that list, you know what to do.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Heck CA what a tease ... I would have enjoyed that a great deal!!!

How many and what did you imbibe on from the menu???

Cheers and bon voyage

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Re: Menu Prices:  Guess it's covered under the "If you have to ask..." formula!

I was surprised at this lineup.  Can't remember the last time I've seen one that nice.

Would be nice if a list like this were to appear on an X ship!

CA between the two (2) of us, I think we can make it happen for a 'private' tasting party... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Me thinks you’re doing just fine, Bo!  Actually with your profile picture, your the reason I don’t have one, damn you, but perhaps I should use my husband’s and pretend it’s me, LOL.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Me thinks you’re doing just fine, Bo!  Actually with your profile picture, your the reason I don’t have one, damn you, but perhaps I should use my husband’s and pretend it’s me, LOL.

If I do recollect correctly, you have described him and I would know it was not you!!! LOL

My photo needs updating, it is five (5) years old... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Heck CA what a tease ... I would have enjoyed that a great deal!!!

How many and what did you imbibe on from the menu???

Had to have the Blanton's, of course.  Then tried on the Mashbuild since it's from here in Colorado.  I get the caramel/toffee comments if not the fruity ones.  Added a little different dimension to it.

Any time you're in the neighborhood, Bo...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

If I do recollect correctly, you have described him and I would know it was not you!!! LOL

My photo needs updating, it is five (5) years old... LOL

bon voyage

Oh yes, there is that…

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Interesting posts here. I have had 3 vaccines, all Pfizer. The 3rd one, the Booster was last October. Today, I had my annual physical and my Internist said to wait until Fall for my 4th. She said I am very fit and healthy and hopefully the vaccine for the new variants will be out then. She also said that with this new BA5 one, there are few hospitalizations. 

15 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Interesting posts here. I have had 3 vaccines, all Pfizer. The 3rd one, the Booster was last October. Today, I had my annual physical and my Internist said to wait until Fall for my 4th. She said I am very fit and healthy and hopefully the vaccine for the new variants will be out then. She also said that with this new BA5 one, there are few hospitalizations. 

To be clear, I was not advised to get the 2nd booster, but after talking with my Dr about traveling out of the country in October she said it certainly won’t hurt and that I could still receive the new one in November, assuming it is available by then.  So I just decided to err on the side of caution.  BTW TB, I hope you are doing well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, zitsky said:

He plans to mask and is vaccinated.  He just gets crazy thinking about quarantine.  Any suggestions for calming him down?  I asked him, why not cancel our 2022 cruise and do our 2023?  He said, no I want to go on this year’s cruise.

Where’s the best place to find the protocols for quarantine?  Here or on Celebrity.com?

We could be married to the same man!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I also had my annual exam.  My last booster (Moderna) was in November.  I told my Doctor I was going on a cruise in October....should a I get a booster now or wait.  He said to wait for a new one hopefully in September or early October.  He said he didn't think the current booster was much good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mafig said:

I also had my annual exam.  My last booster (Moderna) was in November.  I told my Doctor I was going on a cruise in October....should a I get a booster now or wait.  He said to wait for a new one hopefully in September or early October.  He said he didn't think the current booster was much good.

This was your personal advice from your doctor and it related to your own booster timing, age, health, etc. and cruise timing.  The current (original) booster is well known to help prevent hospitalizations and serious disease.  It is not really very good in preventing actual infections.  Waiting for the new one (hopefully!) means better protection from infection with the circulating Omicron variants when you cruise in October.

Edited by TeeRick

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

The current (original) booster is well known to help prevent hospitalizations and serious disease.

This is a fair point of course. But I received similar advice that, for healthy individuals, there is very little incremental benefit with the second booster as opposed to having just one boost. As always, consult with your own doctor on this.

• Thanks 1