Transfers / shuttles to new Brisbane cruise terminal

Does anyone know if there are companies providing transfers from Brisbane (not the airport, we live in Brisbane) to the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal? I can't find anything on the Princess website so assume that is not something they offer. I checked Con-X-ion, a shuttle company, and they don't seem to offer that route either. A taxi is the obvious solution but will be pricey. Anyone know of other options? Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Brisbane47 said:

Does anyone know if there are companies providing transfers from Brisbane (not the airport, we live in Brisbane) to the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal? I can't find anything on the Princess website so assume that is not something they offer. I checked Con-X-ion, a shuttle company, and they don't seem to offer that route either. A taxi is the obvious solution but will be pricey. Anyone know of other options? Thanks.

I believe the only shuttles available from the new terminal are those operated by Princess and going to the airport. Depending where you live, it might work out more convenient and OK cost-wise compared with a taxi, if you park at the terminal. We paid $128.44 for undercover parking for seven days. It isn't inside a building, just under large frames that home solar panels. Open air parking is under $100. For us this was less than half the price of two lots of taxi fares.

Ring Princess. They are doing shuttles into Anne St, Brisbane for those doing B2B cruises, so it might be possible to book onto something.

A bit left field with a couple of ideas:

A river cat to Northshore and a cab from there.

A shuttle to the airport and a cab from there.

Suggest to a friend that they really need to get a close look at the cruise ship, and get them to drop you off.

We are staying a pre-cruise night in the Portside complex, and the cab fare from there seems reasonable enough to us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I believe the only shuttles available from the new terminal are those operated by Princess and going to the airport. Depending where you live, it might work out more convenient and OK cost-wise compared with a taxi, if you park at the terminal. We paid $128.44 for undercover parking for seven days. It isn't inside a building, just under large frames that home solar panels. Open air parking is under $100. For us this was less than half the price of two lots of taxi fares.

Thanks. We can't park at the terminal as the cruise finishes in Sydney, so we fly home. Good to know this info for any future cruises.

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

Ring Princess. They are doing shuttles into Anne St, Brisbane for those doing B2B cruises, so it might be possible to book onto something.

A bit left field with a couple of ideas:

A river cat to Northshore and a cab from there.

A shuttle to the airport and a cab from there.

Suggest to a friend that they really need to get a close look at the cruise ship, and get them to drop you off.

We are staying a pre-cruise night in the Portside complex, and the cab fare from there seems reasonable enough to us.

I don't really want to ring Princess, bearing in mind my previous calls. Was left feeling really annoyed. Thanks for your thoughts. A CityCat to Northshore or even Brett's Wharf, isn't a bad idea, if they are running. About half the ferry terminals and routes still aren't in operation, after the February floods. 

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure Con X ion will provide a transfer service, as the did for both Fisherman's Island and for Portside.

I'm not sure at all, as I tried a dummy booking yesterday and their website wouldn't accept it. Also tried contacting them to ask if they are doing transfers to BICT and got no reply.

15 minutes ago, Brisbane47 said:

Good to know, thanks. I did wonder if that narrow road gets choked with traffic when a ship is in.

The road to the terminal doesn't get choked with traffic, although there is a steady stream of traffic - not enough to slow it down though.

26 minutes ago, Brisbane47 said:

Thanks. We can't park at the terminal as the cruise finishes in Sydney, so we fly home. Good to know this info for any future cruises.

It appears that Andrews Airport Parking is offering 'cruise' parking that presumably includes a transfer to the cruise terminal. It could be worth checking out.

1 hour ago, Brisbane47 said:

I'm not sure at all, as I tried a dummy booking yesterday and their website wouldn't accept it. Also tried contacting them to ask if they are doing transfers to BICT and got no reply.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is any help, but when the terminal first opened I put in the address as destination (1 Cruise Terminal Drive etc) and it wouldn't accept it. However if I put in "Brisbane International Cruise Terminal", it accepts it (for ride from Brisbane Airport). Timings of their runs weren't ideal for us so we will get a taxi anyway 🙂

Hi,

Have the same problem with transport to the Brisbane Terminal. Good news, Andrews Parking Nundah are offering a shuttle to the Cruise Terminal and the booking may be done online. The options are Cruise in/out Brisbane, Cruise out Fly in, and Fly in Cruise out. For a 2 week car stay, drop off at the Cruise terminal and pick up at Bne Airport, cost $180.  Apart from the cost, only other disadvantage is that you cannot nominate the time you would like the Ship shuttle. Andrews will advise the shuttle times 48 hrs from sail date.

17 minutes ago, Seaspray8 said:

Hi,

Have the same problem with transport to the Brisbane Terminal. Good news, Andrews Parking Nundah are offering a shuttle to the Cruise Terminal and the booking may be done online. The options are Cruise in/out Brisbane, Cruise out Fly in, and Fly in Cruise out. For a 2 week car stay, drop off at the Cruise terminal and pick up at Bne Airport, cost $180.  Apart from the cost, only other disadvantage is that you cannot nominate the time you would like the Ship shuttle. Andrews will advise the shuttle times 48 hrs from sail date.

Portside Parking also operate shuttle buses to the cruise terminal and to the airport so would suit someone who has a trip that requires a combo (cruise terminal + airport). Compare prices. Portside have continuous shuttles running to the cruise terminal on days a ship is in port.

27 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Portside Parking also operate shuttle buses to the cruise terminal and to the airport so would suit someone who has a trip that requires a combo (cruise terminal + airport). Compare prices. Portside have continuous shuttles running to the cruise terminal on days a ship is in port.

Reading their site a few days ago to see what was in the wind for their new facility. Turns out nothing.

They have also announced they are no longer doing airport shuttles, due to the expense of operating long hours, 7 days.

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Reading their site a few days ago to see what was in the wind for their new facility. Turns out nothing.

They have also announced they are no longer doing airport shuttles, due to the expense of operating long hours, 7 days.

OK. So Portside Parking isn't an option if a person's trip requires a shuttle to or from the airport. Maybe their new facility wouldn't be economic until there are more cruise ships operating out of the new Brisbane terminal and even then they will have to compete with Wilsons who are operating at the terminal.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

OK. So Portside Parking isn't an option if a person's trip requires a shuttle to or from the airport. Maybe their new facility wouldn't be economic until there are more cruise ships operating out of the new Brisbane terminal and even then they will have to compete with Wilsons who are operating at the terminal.

A pity that covid destroyed their whole business model, so it looks like back to basics from their Hamilton facility for quite some time into the future. The new facility is still up for sale, and quite possible they still have money tied up in the property they can't afford to develop. A shame all round.

Thanks for the tip on Andrews Airport Parking. As mentioned above, they do cruise/airport/parking combinations, such as cruising one way and flying home. They have the cruise details on their website so you can pick your ship and embarkation date (or arrival date). There is the choice of undercover or outdoor parking. This is good to know but we may still get a cab, will have to check costs.

Is anyone aware of any local motels that offer a shuttle to the new Brisbane cruise terminal?

I will also phone Andrews Parking for a quote for my next fly-out/cruise-back Coral Princess as they have incorrect dates on their website so can't get an online quote.

24 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Is anyone aware of any local motels that offer a shuttle to the new Brisbane cruise terminal?

I will also phone Andrews Parking for a quote for my next fly-out/cruise-back Coral Princess as they have incorrect dates on their website so can't get an online quote.

I am aware that at least some of the Hamilton hotels that offered a free shuttle to Portside are going to continue this with the new terminal. I expect it might be a little bit more restricted due to the extra time it will take.

Airolodge was one, and I can't recall the other one I read. They are also a good option for car storage, so you can park, stay the night, get a shuttle to the terminal and leave your car parked there for a fee. Their current details on their site:

***FREE TRANSFER TO CRUISE TERMINAL (CONDITIONS APPLY)***

UNDER COVER CAR STORAGE $7.00 per day. MUST BE PREBOOKED

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Con-x-ion does have transfers available, $25 for 2 people Brisbane domestic airport to BICT,  $45 for 2 people from  BICT to Queen St mall.

Cheap as chips, way to go.

18 hours ago, Brisbane47 said:

Use Andrews Parking or similar for your car. They will drop you to the port. On arrival back in Brisbane they will pick you up from the Airport.