The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 23rd, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Day of the Cowboy, Vanilla Ice Cream Day, and National Drowning Prevention Day

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.--Anne Frank, Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex; A Collection of Her Short Stories, Fables, and Lesser-Known Writings

Meal Suggestion for today - Homemade Tortillas
Drink of the Day - Watermelon Margarita
Wine of the Day - Hampton Water 2020 Clos Du Bois Chardonnay, CA(Lan
Destination of the Day - Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 07/24

Nieuw Statendam

Reykjavik, Iceland - 19:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07/24

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Valletta, Malta eta 07/24

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands eta 07/24

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0723World.thumb.png.b4c58831b751447c7da4b94f888a627e.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Happy Saturday!  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

I don't know any cowboys.  I love vanilla ice cream, especially with chocolate sauce.😁  Drowning prevention is important, every day.

Interesting quote.

I'm interested in the meal suggestion, sounds good.   I'm sure the drink would be wonderful on a hot day like today.   Hope the wine is good too.

We've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

Bertie and I had a nice walk this morning.  We saw a family of Canada geese and a blue heron at the pond.  Bertie didn't chase the geese and they didn't chase him.🙂   It's supposed to be a hot, humid day,  so we won't be doing a lot of anything this afternoon.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

After a lot of deliberation...I think I am going to cancel my trip to Waikiki....this would have been my 16th trip.....

Even though I am double-vaxxed and double-boosted....the new covid variance is just too contagious....and spending a month trying to dodge covid....just isn't sounding too appealing right now...

Hopefully the upcoming booster this fall will be effective...and I can re-book....!!!

Just wanted to warn everyone....I'm sure I'll have great big crocodile tears on the day I was suppose to fly out......:)

Pulmeria.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today would be a good day for some vanilla ice cream with hot fudge.  Planning on running a few errands this morning before it becomes too hot.  From her FB posts it looks like @dfish is having a wonderful adventure.  Last night I finally tried the chocolate covered ginger we bought in Charlottetown, it is amazingly good.  I hope everyone can stay cool and comfortable today.

• Like 27

Good afternoon from a cloudy 65°F in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days.

I like vanilla ice cream.

Drowning prevention is so important.

There are no cowboys in the UK but I have watched plenty of westerns on TV.

Anne Frank was well known in Amsterdam and any of her quotes are good by me.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Never been to Tel Aviv.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Graham.

• Like 28

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I absolutely love all three of today's says as well as the Anne Frank quote. i have been to Israel but not Hafia.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is (22)Fresh Fruit Cup, Beef Wellington, and Boeren Jongens Sundae as served on MS Rotterdam VI July 16, 2011.

Looks like a brutally hot weekend here.  Even at 7AM it was very hot.  Tomorrow is slated to be worse.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami son with covid
Heartgrove brother discharged but rapidly declining
Marshhawk DH awaiting biopsy 2/26
The locks at Ijmuiden
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu
Tana with persistant cough
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard AMRDS
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Welcome home Cruzin Terri
Aliaschief in Scotland until 8/13
Volendam caring for refugees
0106 covering menu suggestions until 8/1
dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15), Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Good morning all.  Another hot one here today.  Hats off to cowboys and vanilla ice cream.  Drowning prevention is so important, thankfully my university in Michigan required all of it’s students to pass a swim test before you could graduate.  They felt that living no more than 80 miles from one of the Great Lakes no graduate should die from drowning.  Love the quote and such good advice.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion but the drink sounds refreshing.  I can’t wait to see photos from another port that I haven’t been to.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.  Safe traveling!

• Like 28

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Excellent quote by a wonderful person.

I wish we could have visited Israel and the Holy Lands but as we now hate to fly it will remain a coulda, woulda, shoulda. Too bad there aren't  round trip cruises from Florida to the Mediterranean.

Good selection of days.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I absolutely love all three of today's says as well as the Anne Frank quote. i have been to Israel but not Hafia.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is (22)Fresh Fruit Cup, Beef Wellington, and Boeren Jongens Sundae as served on MS Rotterdam VI July 16, 2011.

Looks like a brutally hot weekend here.  Even at 7AM it was very hot.  Tomorrow is slated to be worse.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami son with covid
Heartgrove brother discharged but rapidly declining
Marshhawk DH awaiting biopsy 2/26
The locks at Ijmuiden
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu
Tana with persistant cough
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard AMRDS
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Welcome home Cruzin Terri
Aliaschief in Scotland until 8/13
Volendam caring for refugees
0106 covering menu suggestions until 8/1
dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15), Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Today's lunch.

Graham 

IMG_20220723_121808.jpg

• Like 25

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! A glorious morning here, before the heat moves in. Yesterday’s breezes made my walks with Bindi tolerable, but they were short ones. Need to do a bit of clean up in the yard before it gets too hot this morning. Then one gym class and then relaxing in the pool. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. And thanks for the shout out on my “all clear” at the dermatologist’s this week. It has been 18 months since my melanoma was removed, and I admit to being a bit anxious on the drive to my appointment. The scar is barely noticeable now. I know I am lucky. 

Morning Dailyites! Hope you all have a lovely day. 

Go Ren & Tigers! Good luck at the semi-finals! @StLouisCruisers, Sandi will you be able to watch the game?

We are getting near the end of the memes that the girls picked out… and quite appropriate given the heat that many parts of the World are experiencing.

84C2B223-D166-4217-BE0E-CE5305BE7998.jpeg.6746c417a36e54f5343e3598021d6823.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Hampton Water 2020 Clos Du Bois Chardonnay

This is a very elusive wine. Even a search for “Hampton Water” on the vintner’s website came up blank. But they make several Chardonnays and each one has very good - excellent reviews. So I opted for the one with the best price.😎. Several online distributors offer it with prices starting at $7.98.

Vintner’s Notes

Our Clos du Bois Chardonnay is a refreshingly aromatic wine from the rugged coast of California. Scents of warm apple pastry rise from the glass with touches of honey and toasted oak. Bright layers of freshly sliced pear and ripe apple with zests of citrus carry through the long finish. 

Fruit for this classic Chardonnay originates from select vineyards along the coast of California. The North Coast imparts ripe apple and pear characteristics, while the Central Coast brings full, concentrated flavor and a gorgeous acidity to the grapes. 

We harvested the grapes in the cool of night, then gently pressed them to preserve the Chardonnay’s fruit characteristics. After settling, the juice was partially barrel fermented in a combination of French and American oak, with the remaining juice undergoing fermentation in stainless steel. To soften the wine’s acidity and impart a rich and creamy mouthfeel, we put the wine through malolactic fermentation.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Good morning friends!  Yes as I start this post it is 8 am and the game is just starting.  I have a live video feed on one of the team Dad's Facebook pages to watch.  He guarantees to be biased!  lol!  So I can't spend much time here because I can hear him doing the play by play in my earbuds and I might miss something.  OMG Ren just made a goal already with help of course from his whole team.  I may have to go and keep an eye on things.  By the way this team is a very good one from St. Louis!  No I am not going to have any sympathy when the St. Louis team loses.  Back later!

• Like 28

Who doesn't love a tortilla? From tacos to burritos, enchiladas to quesadillas, they’re one of the most versatile foods around — they’re even delicious on their own! But chances are, you’re eating tortillas without ever thinking about where they came from.

Tortillas aren’t exactly a new invention. While the name dates to 1600, the concept of a flat, round cornbread has been around since 10,000 BC in Mexico –– when corn was first domesticated in the area. Mayan legend says that the first tortilla was made as a gift for the king. Over 12,000 years ago, a peasant invented the corn tortilla as a present for his hungry king, and from there it grew in popularity and became a staple in Mayan and Aztec diets. But they weren't just eating plain corn tortillas all day. During Aztec times, corn tortillas were usually dipped in a chili sauce or stuffed with meats, beans, squash, and other ingredients. It wasn’t until over 10,000 years later that the rest of the world got a chance to try out these delicious corn creations. When Spaniards arrived in Central America in the 1500s, they were impressed with the local-favorite tortilla. Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés wrote a letter to the Spanish King Charles V in 1520, sharing his love for the street food markets, and the wide variety of corn-based food available. At this time, corn flatbread was called tlaxcalli in the native language. The Spanish dubbed them tortillas and brought them home to Europe. The word tortilla originates from the Spanish word tort, which means cake. Tortillas are essentially little corn cakes, flattened and unsweetened. Corn always has always been a staple of South and Central American cuisine. It grows there in abundance and has influenced a lot of the traditional native dishes. But when Spaniards brought wheat crops over from the New World in the 1500s, a whole new method of making tortillas was born. Enter: the flour tortilla. Even today, flour tortillas are considered unique to the Mexican highlands.

Fun Fact: Eating toast in space isn’t really feasible –– the combo of crumbs and anti-gravity don’t really mix. Since 1985, NASA has supplied tortillas to astronauts in space as an easy and mess-free way to enjoy meals while floating around up there. They invented shelf-stable tacos which don’t grow mold, by removing all oxygen from the packet before sending it up into space.

Corn tortillas are made with masa harina, a flour made from treating corn in an alkaline solution, and then cooking, drying, and grinding the kernels. Soaking corn in lime (the mineral, not the fruit), gives masa its earthy flavor and breaks down the structure of the grain so it can be made into a dough.

https://www.mexicanplease.com/homemade-corn-tortillas/

Making your own corn tortillas at home will give you a massive upgrade in flavor compared to store-bought tortillas. They are cheaper too!

Flour tortillas are also easy to make.  

https://simply-delicious-food.com/easy-homemade-flour-tortillas/

homemade flour tortillas

https://whatscookingamerica.net/cynthiapineda/tortilla/tortillamaking.htm

Edited by 0106
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Cowboys & Ice Cream - both enjoyable things for so many!  Drowning prevention is a must - especially right now with so many taking dips to try to cool down.

Love the quote by Anne Frank and the chardonnay today sounds interesting.  I’m lazy and don’t make my own tortillas 😉 DH and I were to Haifa many years ago.  Long before digital photos.  Fabulous cruise.

9703F40D-128B-445F-9147-A9CA67F93D3A.thumb.jpeg.3955b101bcf2c49f277c5f9f15fb735a.jpeg

It’s going to be another scorcher today and I guess it’s going to continue longer than thought 😬 

Neighbours behind me installed a pool yesterday.  That makes everyone that’s close to my back yard with a pool - lots of splishing and splashing will be heard, I’m sure with this heat.

59C3BD7C-8217-41DE-B5B5-B0C5415D4BC0.thumb.jpeg.d1e5a0feb8e0a76764f0a79655c2ddbb.jpeg

@Rowsbyso sorry you have had to cancel your plans 😔 Understandable but disappointing.

@cat shepardso happy for your “all clear” report 👍 I am sure you felt a huge wave of relief with the good news.

77B00EF1-297A-4F44-89CE-B3DDA9B2976F.thumb.jpeg.fda84725697cc883ad3d3829e024b913.jpeg

At long last, the begonias have started blooming.  They are late this year but they are massive, so that might be why.  I am just glad I had the bulbs as there wasn’t a begonia to be found here anywhere.

08C8572D-7F8D-49FB-8D1C-08729A99079E.thumb.jpeg.cf3e51b9e566500f361be5a0c2479d47.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list. 

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!!

0DE1CA85-13B6-4CC6-A0CC-75EAEA992EBF.thumb.jpeg.bdeaee3208659bd763de2bed28f5ad6e.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when/ where needed.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

An early good morning from central Texas.  This is house cleaning day, so I needed to find my pictures from Haifa and Tel Aviv before I get started.

Cowboy day is celebrated in Texas just about everyday, especially in the rural areas.  Vanilla ice cream is good and versatile, but IMHO, is best with chocolate sauce.  Drowning prevention should be everyday.

The Anne Frank quote is very good.  She was wise beyond her years.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  I won't try to make tortillas, but I have found some flour tortillas that need to be cooked before eating them.  They are easy to cook, just 30 second a side in a fairly hot skillet.

We were in Haifa and Tel Aviv in 2016 on Prinsendam. 

@Rowsby  I'm sorry you felt you needed to cancel your Hawaii trip, but completely understand.

@cat shepard  Ann, the meme the girls picked out is appropriate because of the heat this summer.

@StLouisCruisers  To Tigers!  Go Ren!

@kazu  Jacqui, thanks for more lovely pictures from your garden.  Don't get too hot today.

Haifa and Tel Aviv were the destinations of the day on December 21, 2021, and these are the pictures that day.

We were in Haifa on 10/22/17 on the Prinsendam.  On the recommendation of a fellow CC member, we hire a taxi for a tour and saw a lot of northern Israel.  Because there are quite a few pictures, Ill post the ones of Haifa first, then post some from our day outside the city.

Haifa from the Prinsendam

DSC01685.thumb.JPG.b36728d6259a8f49d672dc91e2325cb9.JPG

DSC01687.thumb.JPG.f7f9148de7918d48984da96c3824b1db.JPG

DSC01688.thumb.JPG.6e54929a60125ba747d3de41b0277f26.JPG

The Baha'i Gardens as seen from the Prinsendam.

DSC01684.thumb.JPG.2062a152f7256c9e98bce2351dde7b24.JPG

On our return to town, we stopped at the overlook at the top of the Baha'i Gardens, then drove past the entrance at the bottom of the hill.  There was a conference being held that day, so the gardens were closed to visitors.

DSC01785.thumb.JPG.1adc25945a065030ee11616625d805af.JPG

DSC01786.thumb.JPG.e902cea2498c3f59aa38bc0fab58abab.JPG

DSC01790.thumb.JPG.9b3a2faa911438e75dbe0d64a7219983.JPG

DSC01804.thumb.JPG.e37299a56ca37d7845ebbcb6fe3910ee.JPG

Our home away from home from the top of the Baha'i Gardens.

DSC01784.thumb.JPG.5365cc4823b99194f8a251c94915022f.JPG

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Happy Saturday! We are heading out fishing.  A storm is on the way and some clouds moving in making for better fishing.   Low wind a help too.  Ribs and potato salad for dinner tonight.  Happy to say our wine is holding out. We bring it from downstate as prices so much better from Costco. Nearest here is 3 hours drive to and from Green Bay.  I bought a propane freezer 2 years ago and I am happy I stuffed the freezers at home with sale meat. The stuff here is so pricey which isn't bad if it looks good but it doesn't. 

Thank you for the Daily Reports! I always look forward to all the comestibles and the port photos.  Prayers for those in Ukraine, I hope the grain cooperation will work so grain for needy countries can get out.  Prayers for those needing them.

Last year I ordered 3 Daylilies from Oakes in TN.  First bought additions since before we moved into the cabin in 2007.  All others I moved bare root from Maryland or from unsold from our Baltimore County Master Gardener plant sale.  Most all the plants I have here were travelers from Maryland or abundant volunteers.  I pay it back as many ride downstate for my garden club plant sale. Have a wonderful weekend! 

IMG_20220723_054939937.jpg

• Like 31

Here are the rest of the pictures from our day touring northern Israel.

Our first stop was Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation.  We were both surprised at how modern the church was.

DSC01696.thumb.JPG.4a86ecfa6ba082f9d7204bae68a8f432.JPG

DSC01703.thumb.JPG.e02d9c0b3ca29058155811ddc1e272d4.JPG

DSC01705.thumb.JPG.b9827b077d505d83d11c3bf5f0df943c.JPG

DSC01706.thumb.JPG.47a417de45a9497ae4a12dd051b1282d.JPG

DSC01709.thumb.JPG.afdc74c019be441b79e04eb623da301b.JPG

In the open area beside the church was a view of the remains of the ancient village of Nazareth.

DSC01717.thumb.JPG.37264ae9a9a1fa9123e2f6127f8063bc.JPG

DSC01722.thumb.JPG.8972e9e603f755e096c1dd5be2f2ea10.JPG

DSC01724.thumb.JPG.65a91dbe024322a0432c7b8d33a2c06c.JPG

Naturally, across the street was the usual tourist trap (Opps! I meant, shop.)  😀

DSC01728.thumb.JPG.0b820db23e3fa40a4d7d8214fa5a62ab.JPG

Our next stop was Cana and the wedding church where Jesus turned water into wine.  Since there was a service when we were there, we were not able to see the wine casks.

DSC01734.thumb.JPG.6180d3c8e4c0e4357b2b59b6b4a67452.JPG

DSC01737.thumb.JPG.2e8b91fb5e4d18668dce01cdf1ce4698.JPG

And nearby.

DSC01738.thumb.JPG.7995dde9b932b3f840744f73ab244c10.JPG

The next stop after Cana, was the Jordan River.

DSC01743.thumb.JPG.99ed1b7b5ecffbbe4cd33bb99af7f4a6.JPG

DSC01747.thumb.JPG.93d27e6ebdfac931e4f0b45b2fe1bafc.JPG

DSC01753.thumb.JPG.f3073e0cd0009f6e34aca89d7d6c8134.JPG

We made several stops along the Sea of Galilee and drove through the town of Tiberius before visiting Capharnaum.

DSC01767.thumb.JPG.1b7e72775c21d0a5600b6ea458d499d4.JPG

DSC01768.thumb.JPG.88d42ec1ea6a166e944a5769bee4f7c6.JPG

DSC01770.thumb.JPG.4d1f964e9ccf63eda5118cc869cb02e5.JPG

DSC01771.thumb.JPG.6d829a1e782e4e276f40203b6bc681a5.JPG

DSC01773.thumb.JPG.3b09d5b305cd431582567f02b081046e.JPG

DSC01775.thumb.JPG.df886525e1955fee2d07bbed79855731.JPG

Either we did not see a souvenir store, or I didn't take a picture of it.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

We did not go to Tel Aviv the day we were in Haifa.  Due to the cancellation of the port in Egypt, we spent two days in Ashdod.  The second day, we went to Tel Aviv, and this is what I posted on April 29, 2021.

The second day we were docked in Ashdod, we talked about finding a taxi to take us to Bethlehem, but after two long days spent in a taxi, we decided against going.  Along with another couple, we found a taxi in the port to take us to Jaffa and Tel Aviv.

If we're lucky enough to return to Ashdod, I want to find someone to take us to Bethlehem and Jerusalem for a slower walk in the Old City.

Jaffa is the ancient port for Jerusalem.  It is a town we really enjoyed.

DSC01971.thumb.JPG.f19858a335db4c34762df14520f6bef9.JPG

DSC01972.thumb.JPG.ae0d3fa4b1e5c15d5c4d93cf4824e601.JPGDSC01973.thumb.JPG.7b8e9fab77cd443fcecca4edb2d83cb0.JPG

DSC01978.thumb.JPG.2424f9bfa610c360ebb2e31ee61f742d.JPG

Looking from Jaffa toward Tel Aviv.DSC01989.thumb.JPG.6cdcf262c93211692160867966f12e3f.JPG

Our driver dropped us off at seaside promenade in Tel Aviv.

DSC01994.thumb.JPG.9923a10ec2e0e9d3a407de1b196c2764.JPG

After a short time along the sea, our next stop was a mall in downtown Tel Aviv, and we had an hour or so to wander around.  I'll confess we spent most of our time in the mall where we shared a pizza.

DSC02004.thumb.JPG.f09cb7db7d59608d8b2cb62db1a1e9c9.JPG

DSC02002.thumb.JPG.d5aa77ff31e6c71ddc6a201354dc98f4.JPG

A couple of street scenes in Tel Aviv taken from the car as we headed back to the Prinsendam.

DSC02006.thumb.JPG.0c415805fd74530f4aa3ffb2f273622f.JPG

DSC02007.thumb.JPG.9111997c62bdc393e44e63242c92f2cc.JPG

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

@Sharon in AZnot sure on Shadow’s ETA - she leaves Egypt on the 26th and will be picked up in Toronto by designated temp fosters.  They will care for her a day or 2 and she will be picked up and driven to New Brunswick - hopefully, not far from here 🤞 

@Live4cruisesSo sorry to read about your exposure 😔 Hopefully you stay covid free and your trip is not disrupted 🤞 

@summer slopeHope today’s birthday is the best ever!  Happy Birthday!

7584990A-801A-4A39-8ADB-FD8FD8B34794.gif.3d242170764bd705e0a112cac1e3927a.gif

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Here are the rest of the pictures from our day touring northern Israel.

Our first stop was Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation.  We were both surprised at how modern the church was.

DSC01696.thumb.JPG.4a86ecfa6ba082f9d7204bae68a8f432.JPG

DSC01703.thumb.JPG.e02d9c0b3ca29058155811ddc1e272d4.JPG

DSC01705.thumb.JPG.b9827b077d505d83d11c3bf5f0df943c.JPG

DSC01706.thumb.JPG.47a417de45a9497ae4a12dd051b1282d.JPG

DSC01709.thumb.JPG.afdc74c019be441b79e04eb623da301b.JPG

In the open area beside the church was a view of the remains of the ancient village of Nazareth.

DSC01717.thumb.JPG.37264ae9a9a1fa9123e2f6127f8063bc.JPG

DSC01722.thumb.JPG.8972e9e603f755e096c1dd5be2f2ea10.JPG

DSC01724.thumb.JPG.65a91dbe024322a0432c7b8d33a2c06c.JPG

Naturally, across the street was the usual tourist trap (Opps! I meant, shop.)  😀

DSC01728.thumb.JPG.0b820db23e3fa40a4d7d8214fa5a62ab.JPG

Our next stop was Cana and the wedding church where Jesus turned water into wine.  Since there was a service when we were there, we were not able to see the wine casks.

DSC01734.thumb.JPG.6180d3c8e4c0e4357b2b59b6b4a67452.JPG

DSC01737.thumb.JPG.2e8b91fb5e4d18668dce01cdf1ce4698.JPG

And nearby.

DSC01738.thumb.JPG.7995dde9b932b3f840744f73ab244c10.JPG

The next stop after Cana, was the Jordan River.

DSC01743.thumb.JPG.99ed1b7b5ecffbbe4cd33bb99af7f4a6.JPG

DSC01747.thumb.JPG.93d27e6ebdfac931e4f0b45b2fe1bafc.JPG

DSC01753.thumb.JPG.f3073e0cd0009f6e34aca89d7d6c8134.JPG

We made several stops along the Sea of Galilee and drove through the town of Tiberius before visiting Capharnaum.

DSC01767.thumb.JPG.1b7e72775c21d0a5600b6ea458d499d4.JPG

DSC01768.thumb.JPG.88d42ec1ea6a166e944a5769bee4f7c6.JPG

DSC01770.thumb.JPG.4d1f964e9ccf63eda5118cc869cb02e5.JPG

DSC01771.thumb.JPG.6d829a1e782e4e276f40203b6bc681a5.JPG

DSC01773.thumb.JPG.3b09d5b305cd431582567f02b081046e.JPG

DSC01775.thumb.JPG.df886525e1955fee2d07bbed79855731.JPG

Either we did not see a souvenir store, or I didn't take a picture of it.

Lenda

Great photos, thanks for posting.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday Dailyites!

261029-Saturday-Morning-Is-About-Connect

While my grandfather on my dad's side was a farm manager, pretty much all his life, my grandfather on my mothers side, ( I called him Pa) was a man of many talents.  He was one of the first to fly float planes, he was a Mason, and one of his many jobs, was as a cowboy. He had an interesting bunk mate, during his cowboy times, a man who I know you all know,   a very young, James Cagney.

When I was young I always dressed up as a cow girl.  I was still buying Annie Oakley outfits and cowboy hats in high school.  (remember I grew up in NJ) I was sort of an odd duck.  My dad got me, my mother was rather appalled, but since I had to wear a school uniform -creating myself into something else made me happy.

l love the quote today.  It is so easy to change the world for the better each day.  Just make someone smile.  You people here do this every day. And the smiles make the reader feel joy, and they carry it on to someone else.  A tiny wave around the world of joy. It passes state lines, border to other countries, across the seas.... It's amazing.

On a more serious note, I told Chuck last night that we can help the world more, by not driving everyday.  If we all took one day off a week where we didn't get in the car, we can change the world.  Of course everyone else has to do the same thing, and that's the problem, getting everyone on board to not drive on one day a week.  We chose Monday.  He rarely has to go anywhere on a Monday.  We just need to make sure that what we need to get done can be done on the weekend, so that Monday is a no drive day.  Wish us luck on getting our lives organized enough to live up to our goal.

@kazuI love your begonias.  I bought some two years ago, and they all died back to nothing, but this year, they came back, smaller than before, but it was pretty amazing.

Have a wonderful day!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 30

Good morning everyone. Another scorcher today with temps 96 degrees. Love the days and the quote.Anne Frank was wise beyond her years and very brave.

We we’re in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem in 1983. Two of my grandsons are there right now. One is traveling with his camp and he will be home Tuesday after 5 weeks touring the country. The other is with his mother staying for a month , visiting with his cousins and the Russian nanny who cared for him in the US when he was 2 is joining them with her baby who is now 3. They have remained in touch for years and went to Russia when she got married. 

Our son is still recovering from covid, and spent his birthday yesterday in bed. My handyman was here yesterday and he was so sick with covid he saidj he couldn’t even stand up. This new variant escapes the vaccine and is very scary. So many who are treated with the new meds are having rebound effects the next week.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6