Prepayment of tips

gazingm42

6 minutes ago, gazingm42 said:

while understanding the full cruise payments is 100% payable 90 days before  sail date. 

Can one add and pay of tips say 10 days before

you leave?

Yes. You can add excursions, drink packages, internet, specialty dining, prepaid tips, etc. up to either 24 or 48 hours prior to your cruise.

Frequent cruiser and slightly embarrassed to not know: is there any advantage to pre paying? It will get added to S&S at end of cruise regardless. We've done it both ways. But I'm wondering why I should front the cash.... 

7 minutes ago, ober134 said:

Frequent cruiser and slightly embarrassed to not know: is there any advantage to pre paying? It will get added to S&S at end of cruise regardless. We've done it both ways. But I'm wondering why I should front the cash.... 

No advantage unless they hike the rate.  In that case, you get to pay the lower one.  

May be an advantage to some.....the fact that your S&S balance is lower and the grats are paid off before you ever leave the dock.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ober134 said:

I usually just have them added to our onboard account, but am prepaying for our upcoming cruises. We will have a bunch of non-cruise related expenses when we take our next set of trips, so my credit card bill won't look as bad if the onboard charges are lower. Purely a matter of perception, but it will make me feel better when I get that statement😉

• Like 1

The only advantage to me in pre paying is knowing that its already taken care of. I like to book my cruises months in advance and pay some each month for budgetary purposes. It's nice knowing I can board without having to pay anything else if I don't want to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ober134 said:

For your convenience. Some people don't want a bill at the end of the cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mdsgu said:

No advantage unless they hike the rate.  In that case, you get to pay the lower one.  

May be an advantage to some.....the fact that your S&S balance is lower and the grats are paid off before you ever leave the dock.

This!  One other note to the contrary, if you have OBC then wait until you get on and you can use your OBC toward it instead of paying out of pocket.  A lot of cruisers have OBC right now.  I usually prepay for these reasons, but if I sail with OBC, then I wait until I am on board and let my OBC go toward it.  Had $1100 OBC on this last cruise and paid for tips and a nice pair of diamond earrings!🤪