Suite Classes - What's included?

I just decided to jump on the Harmony after several years away from RCL, and decided to splurge on an Owner's Suite as we are treating our DD to her first cruise. I am confused about which class this is and what's included. I've searched the website and my cruise ticket, but can't find it anywhere. Is Internet included for each person, and is this the enhanced zoom or the basic? Should we buy more? What about water and sodas? Do we get reserved seating in the shows on Harmony now? I did buy the unlimited dining package, but do we get priority reservations for that?  I think I read that we have to book all reservations upon embarkation.

Thank you in advance for all help and advice for an old timer!

You also get free beer, wine, hard seltzer, soda, bottled water in the SL from 11-11 everyday.

Your SL concierges should e-mail you about 6 days before sailing. You can have them make reservations for shows and Coastal Kitchen ahead of time along with any other requests.

We had our first ever suite on Harmony 5/29 and the concierges (Junior & Elaine at the time) took care of lots of requests via e-mail ahead of time.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Coastal Kitchen on the Harmony is outstanding.  

Great place for breakfast away from the hustle of the WJ, and awesome dinner location.   Make sure to make dinner reservations when you board, go right up to the Coastal Kitchen. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skyking said:

Great place for breakfast away from the hustle of the WJ, and awesome dinner location.   Make sure to make dinner reservations when you board, go right up to the Coastal Kitchen. 

Loved Rodrigo and his staff in CK on Harmony 5/29. Filet on night one was excellent. The ribs for lunch were also one of my favorite meals.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skyking said:

They are in an owners suite, so they can make their Coastal Kitchen reservations with the concierge prior to boarding.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Loved Rodrigo and his staff in CK on Harmony 5/29. Filet on night one was excellent. The ribs for lunch were also one of my favorite meals.

Rod is a hoot

20220218_212805.thumb.jpg.81d5b9f3e732f7724e1013b494250c6d.jpg

Laura knew him from back in the Freedom days

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Verokaren said:

I just decided to jump on the Harmony after several years away from RCL, and decided to splurge on an Owner's Suite as we are treating our DD to her first cruise. I am confused about which class this is and what's included. I've searched the website and my cruise ticket, but can't find it anywhere. Is Internet included for each person, and is this the enhanced zoom or the basic? Should we buy more? What about water and sodas? Do we get reserved seating in the shows on Harmony now? I did buy the unlimited dining package, but do we get priority reservations for that?  I think I read that we have to book all reservations upon embarkation.

Thank you in advance for all help and advice for an old timer!

Congratulations! An excellent room choice. 

As noted, you get the Voom Surf and Stream (best package) for each person in the room (no fighting over a single account). 

On our cruise last month, we got an email from the Concierge 8 days prior to departure and  got a show schedule from them. Right now, because of COVID and such, entertainment schedules can vary from week to week. If a show is reservable, you can have the Concierge book it for you. If a show is not reservable, you can just note the date and time you want to go.

There will be Suites seating in the main show rooms (theater, studio b, aqua theater). We never use the Suite seating because we would rather be closer to the front and center for shows versus higher up or on the side. 

Same with dinners. The concierge can help you make all of your reservations. Normally, I would push getting your Coastal Kitchen reservations in, but since you have unlimited dining, there is zero need to reserve dinner in CK. You could "try" it for breakfast and lunch, but we would take advantage of a dining package. And for breakfast, we don't waste our time in CK and just grab what we want from the Windjammer or at Jonny Rockets on the boardwalk. 

We were in a loft suite on another ship last month and the food in CK was horrible. In several decades of cruising, I have never sent so much poorly cooked food back to the galley. One night, I had two raw steaks served to me. I talked to the restaurant manager and poked at my steak with my finger saying "even I can tell by touch that this is a rare to blue steak... this is culinary 101..." and cutting into the steak told the restaurant manager that the steak was cold in the center. Several nights, we walked from CK to the Windjammer to get dinner. This was our 6th post-restart cruise and was the worst from the dining perspective. 

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rod is a hoot

Laura knew him from back in the Freedom days

Hey John, my apologies but I failed you on the Playmakers request. We did have dinner there one night (great burgers and garlic parm fries) but I never got around to seeking out Alex.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Very interesting… I did not realize we also had access to "free" water, beer, wine, etc. in the suite lounge. Where is that located? Are there any laundry perks? 

SL is the other side of Coastal Kitchen. It's really just one big room.

You can look up the deck plans in the app or the RC site or other sites like cruisedeckplans.com.

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They are in an owners suite, so they can make their Coastal Kitchen reservations with the concierge prior to boarding.

YES correct, but not all Concierges are great to respond to this.   We had NOT the best experience on the Anthem in the OS making reservations in advance via email.   

All our times were messed up, but it was a quick fix once onboard. 

21 minutes ago, skyking said:

YES correct, but not all Concierges are great to respond to this.   We had NOT the best experience on the Anthem in the OS making reservations in advance via email.   

All our times were messed up, but it was a quick fix once onboard. 

Was Ricardo the concierge?  Usually he is really good.

6 hours ago, Verokaren said:

Very interesting… I did not realize we also had access to "free" water, beer, wine, etc. in the suite lounge. Where is that located? Are there any laundry perks? 

Would this be the same of booked into the OS on the Radiance of the Seas? 

13 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

Is a Royal Genie and a Concierge the same thing?

No, the Royal Genie is your travel parties personal attendant and the concierge is available to all Star and Sky suite guests. 

1 minute ago, imola said:

Would this be the same of booked into the OS on the Radiance of the Seas? 

I'm sailing on 2 or your 3 trips I believe. Radiance doesn't have the Royal Suite Class so I don't think that applies, and pretty sure the free wifi does not.

1 minute ago, gliles said:

I'm sailing on 2 or your 3 trips I believe. Radiance doesn't have the Royal Suite Class so I don't think that applies, and pretty sure the free wifi does not.

Well dang.  We will just have to get by with our 2 days each of free internet as D+.  I was hoping for some better perks, not complaining just hoping. Getting to take this trip will be special no matter what we get or don't.  lol

I wish Royal Caribbean would use the same suite classifications across the whole fleet.  Royal class on some ships, and sea, sky, star on others.  It would make it so much easier to know what perks the different suites  get.  

Edited by screwsmcernst
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

I wish Royal Caribbean would use the same suite classifications across the whole fleet.  Royal class on some ships, and sea, sky, star on others.  It would make it so much easier to know what perks the different suites  get.  

Totally agree.