M Class - Where is the slightly larger space in aqua/concierge over regular veranda?

letsgogogo

It is my understanding that the aqua and concierge state rims are very slightly larger than regular veranda. I have watched videos on YouTube from celebrity summit posted by Harr travel. They have videos of each of these categories. I even counted the squares in the carpet pattern in various parts of the oven in order to try and figure out where the extra space is. I am not seeing it. The cabins look precisely the same size. What am I missing?

Edited by letsgogogo

• letsgogogo changed the title to M Class - Where is the slightly larger space in aqua/concierge over regular veranda?

I don't believe that there is a notable size difference between a regular veranda, a concierge stateroom, or an Aqua class stateroom.  The higher price has to do with the amenities and perks associated with  Concierge and Aqua Class.

Within these classes, there are Aft or hump stateroom rooms that would be priced higher (A1, A2 etc), as well as some other prime room locations.

I am not sure about Revolutionized ships, but in the olden days Aqua and Concierge cabins on M class had a multi tier shelf at the end of the desk that regular balcony cabins did not have. The cabins were a bit longer, balcony door to cabin door, by the width of the shelf.  Maybe 12" - 18". This is my photo of Concierge on the Infinity in 2010. 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

OP, You have me quite confused.  Squares in what oven?

Normal auto-correct issues I suspect, that was probably squares on the carpet pattern in the 'cabin' not the oven...

I wouldn't depend on the official cabin videos for anything useful though as it looks like they used the same cabin for both Concierge and Veranda videos and photos, either that or the housekeeping are remarkably precise down to an exact match on the creases on the bed sheets 🙂

Standard veranda cabins are reported to be between 170to 175 feet square.

Concierge and Aqua cabins are 191 feet sq.

If you look at a diagram for the appropriate floors you will see the depth of the Concierge and Aqua cabins are deeper than the veranda cabin; there is a jog in the corridor at the transition.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-millennium/accommodations

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

OP, You have me quite confused.  Squares in what oven?

on M class ships Concierge rooms are approximately 10% larger than standard verandahs

That made me snort. Didn’t notice my typo. “Oven” was “cabin”. 

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Normal auto-correct issues I suspect, that was probably squares on the carpet pattern in the 'cabin' not the oven...

I wouldn't depend on the official cabin videos for anything useful though as it looks like they used the same cabin for both Concierge and Veranda videos and photos, either that or the housekeeping are remarkably precise down to an exact match on the creases on the bed sheets 🙂

That makes sense. These were the videos on YouTube by Harr travel agency. They do an end of the tour of each class of cabin.