Carnival Fly2Fun US to Europe

Hoping someone can help. United Airlines and Carnival cant seem to answer this. Booked with Fly2Fun through Carnival for our 1 way airfare for our fall transatlantic cruise. I see that Economy tickets have a 1 checked bag free per person. Basic economy are $75 each for checked bags. I cant get either company to tell me what category our tickets are. United said they wont get the reservation till Carnival sends the final payment. Carnival says they dont know the category. Anyone do Fly2Fun on United lately and know the answer to this? This will be quite pricey for a family on a journeys cruise and want to plan accordingly. I would greatly appreciate it.

I really doubt that anyone can help in this instance.

The restrictions placed on (Consolidator) Fly2Fun air travel tickets can be different for any ticket. Could even be different that the person you are flying with. (Fly2Fun tickets are NOT exactly the same as tickets you would have purchased directly thru the airlines website.)

Until Carnival actually pays the airline (which is usually 30 to 45 days before the trip begins), no one will know.

50 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Did you select a seat?

I did but United said the seats it says on my confirmation from Carnival are not being held for us. I hoped the seat selection meant it wasnt the basic economy (with no checked bags included).

1 minute ago, babyclaytonmom said:

I did but United said the seats it says on my confirmation from Carnival are not being held for us. I hoped the seat selection meant it wasnt the basic economy (with no checked bags included).

I have a flight on United next year through a different cruise line, and different class, but I can monkey around with the seats all I like on United's site. Do you have a United account and try adding the flight to it?

12 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We have a European cruise on Carnival booked Oct 2023 out of Rome. We usually fly American.  Is FlytoFun a big savings?  TIA!

It's certainly worth looking into.  We got what we thought was a good deal on our October cruise out of Rome, but we booked it several months ago.

6 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

It's certainly worth looking into.  We got what we thought was a good deal on our October cruise out of Rome, but we booked it several months ago.

True, airfares have gone through the roof.  We booked airfare to Amsterdam a year ago for July 2022 travel and it was at least 50% more 6 months later.  I'll ask my PVP about FlytoFun, thanks!!

I did a search for my May 2023 Barcelona to Dover cruise.  From NY and back it was $2470 for two on Fly to Fun on United one way and American the other way.  On the United website it was $3200 for two.  I'll probably just use miles on United.

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We have a European cruise on Carnival booked Oct 2023 out of Rome. We usually fly American.  Is FlytoFun a big savings?  TIA!

Can you save money?

That's the big question isn't it? If $$$ is the only concern, then yes, you probably can. However, if you think you are buying the exact same ticket from a consolidator for $500 less than you can directly from the airline, you might have to wonder why. The tickets are NOT the same.

However, if you educate yourself, weigh the risks, and still decide to go with Fly2Fun, then you've made a great choice for you.

We did the 4/24 Transatlantic from Tampa to Barcelona. Our flights were $375 pp from Barcelona to Detroit on Fly2Fun. We flew British Air to Philadelphia and American from Philly to Detroit. Looking on our own, the cheapest we found was $600. I think it's hit or miss if Fly2Fun is best. Worth checking into though!

I was also on the Carnival Pride TA from Tampa to Barcelona in April. 

My flight British Airways Barcelona to Vancouver  via Heathrow was $459 with Fly2Fun. One way flights to Vancouver can be expensive, usually over $1200.

My flight to London in November prior to the Carnival Celebration TA is $340, direct flight with Air Canada.

I have used Air2Sea flights before with Royal and Celebrity but this is the first time I have been able to use Fly2Fun with Carnival from Vancouver.