No More Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated guests on voyages less than 6 nights starting August 8th!

LOL, yep, I understand.  

When I was a E-4 I worked harder at shamming than I did if I would have just done the work to begin with.

I learned that if you carry a clipboard around, nobody questioned what you were doing.

Edited by Ret MP
Don't know why it didn't quote!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My hope hinges on the one line on this update that says …we’re transitioning to a point we’re EVERYONE can vacation with us…that to me gives me hope that eventually the vaccination and the testing 267D9E22-4CAD-4B29-954D-B32C635CA0E2.thumb.png.ade912cb734d9dca7588399f650c4ff1.pngrequirement will be dropped all together. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

My hope hinges on the one line on this update that says …we’re transitioning to a point we’re EVERYONE can vacation with us…that to me gives me hope that eventually the vaccination and the testing 267D9E22-4CAD-4B29-954D-B32C635CA0E2.thumb.png.ade912cb734d9dca7588399f650c4ff1.pngrequirement will be dropped all together. 

Until they provide dates for that it's all marketing speak.  Mostly aimed towards investors.  

19 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

It makes sense when you look at the infection rate and the doubling time. They will be able to get people off before it can blow up into a major issue.

MommaBear, 

Trying to explain R naught and statistics is probably not going to be well received by those on these boards that believe testing is useless. But your statement explains the policy perfectly.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Until they provide dates for that it's all marketing speak.  Mostly aimed towards investors.  

Eventually it has to stop sometime. Every few months they are working more and more towards that. Hopefully by next year all cruise lines and all ports get back to some normalcy and they drop ALL of these requirements…testing and vaccination.

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

MommaBear, 

Trying to explain R naught and statistics is probably not going to be well received by those on these boards that believe testing is useless. But your statement explains the policy perfectly.

I only believe testing is useless for cruising because of the 2 (which could actually be almost 3) day testing requirement before cruising.  What if you catch the virus between testing and embarkation?  Useless, isn't it!

EDITED IN:  BTW, for many, that is the time frame that they are more in contact with the general public, flying, driving, restaurants, public restrooms, Hotels, lines in the terminal, etc.  AND, today's COVID isn't much more than the common cold/flu.  Yes some people are still getting very sick.  But, some people get very sick with the common cold and some even die with the flu. 

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 9

Just now, Ret MP said:

I only believe testing is useless for cruising because of the 2 (which could actually be almost 3) day testing requirement before cruising.  What if you catch the virus between testing and embarkation?  Useless, isn't it!

"Trying to explain R naught and statistics is probably not going to be well received by those on these boards that believe testing is useless."  I stand by this statement. And 2 day or less testing is not useless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Hopefully just a first step.  I've got a few on the books and hoping they get rid of it completely at some point as well.

But seriously folks...everyone on here complaining and "unhappy" signed up for their cruises knowing there was a testing requirement.  Deal with it.

Not entirely true. We booked before Covid was a thing and cancelled cruise after cancelled cruise and cruise credit after cruise credit we didn't have a choice anymore. Sail or lose our money. So we didn't really have the choice. 

• Like 4

From their comments, they want to eliminate the protocols as much as we want them to be removed.  The costs are significant, and they want to improve profitability.  The issues are logistical, with many ports still having testing requirements that we (passengers) would expect them to plan for so we can enjoy our vacations. But 45 days isn't long.... 

Edited by watcher_62
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

"Trying to explain R naught and statistics is probably not going to be well received by those on these boards that believe testing is useless."  I stand by this statement. And 2 day or less testing is not useless.

You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am.  However, if you catch the virus between testing and embarkation, you are, potentially spreading it all over the ship.  So, Yes if the main purpose of the pre-cruise testing is to keep the virus off the ship, IT'S USLESS. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

From their comments, they want to eliminate the protocols as much as we want them to be removed.  The costs are significant, and they want to improve profitability.  The issues are logistical, with many ports still having testing requirements that we (passengers) would expect them to plan for so we can enjoy our vacations. But 45 days isn't long.... 

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-to-change-testing-policy-on-shorter-cruises/77461 They comment that the majority of RCCL cruises are under 6 days... So changing those first makes sense.

Edited by watcher_62

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

So, Yes if the main purpose of the pre-cruise testing is to keep the virus off the ship, IT'S USLESS. 

The purpose is not to keep the virus off the ship though. It is to REDUCE the number of contagious cases at embarkation, and therefor the actual number of cases from start to finish. It is not an either/or situation.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

MommaBear, 

Do you honestly think ONE day will make a difference? We don't test for anything else that can get others sick and for no other place. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

Not entirely true. We booked before Covid was a thing and cancelled cruise after cancelled cruise and cruise credit after cruise credit we didn't have a choice anymore. Sail or lose our money. So we didn't really have the choice. 

Same here. 

• Like 1