Brochures - ENOUGH!

Ride-The-Waves

13 hours ago, DENIE said:

We got 4 today, all for a different region.  I don't mind too much, and browse many of them. 😆

Yes, don't mind them.  However, I have never received more than a couple a week.  The latest on Northern Europe was very interesting to me as there were a couple of cruises if I had not already booked something for next summer I would have jumped on.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D. B. said:

I am amazed at the Plethora of Mailings I get from O !😜

Many are for the same cruises and all for the same prices as they "Never have Sales" although I did take advantage of a Category Upgrade they offered a while back.

Maybe the head marketing person owns a publishing or glossy paper company?

a plethora?

Three Amigos - What Is A Plethora? - Bing video

10 hours ago, KS&JW said:

Yes, don't mind them.  However, I have never received more than a couple a week.  The latest on Northern Europe was very interesting to me as there were a couple of cruises if I had not already booked something for next summer I would have jumped on.  

Only time we have received this many in 1 day. 😂

Reading all these posts about them not complying with requests to get off the mailing lists, leads me to speculate that it is a "third party" entity that 'O' pays to distribute them...perhaps they get paid by how large their 'circulation' is, hence their reluctance to remove names from the list...just a guess, not sure...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

To add to my speculation, I am also guessing that these entities will also add your name to other mailing lists that they consider 'relevant'.   When I started getting 'O' brochures, a short time later I also received Viking and other travel related brochures, even though I never requested them.

It is no secret that companies 'sell' your address.   Once you order anything by mail....look out!😉

We have not seen a brochure from Oceania in well over a year. Yes we do not have many O cruises booked in future (only one).  However the Regent printing press is going full steam with several each week.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, PaulMCO said:

We have not seen a brochure from Oceania in well over a year. Yes we do not have many O cruises booked in future (only one).  However the Regent printing press is going full steam with several each week.

Same with us....haven't seen an O brochure either but Regent and Viking (which we have never sailed) keep the recycle bin full!

We received a massive, 236 page, compendium from Regent the other day.  We have never sailed on Regent but did cancel a cruise with them early in the pandemic, which I guess gave Regent a foot in the door.  We are booked through 2023 on Oceania and Silversea, so I guess that the Regent publication becomes a door stop or something.  What a waste of trees.

1 hour ago, Hanoverian said:

We received a massive, 236 page, compendium from Regent the other day.  We have never sailed on Regent but did cancel a cruise with them early in the pandemic, which I guess gave Regent a foot in the door.  We are booked through 2023 on Oceania and Silversea, so I guess that the Regent publication becomes a door stop or something.  What a waste of trees.

actually it is quite a nice door stop. Has the entire upcoming season.  It the special sale brochures that I hate.