Ruined.

chromered7

8 hours ago, chromered7 said:

We have recently got back from our Italy, Croatia and Greece cruise on Celebrity Reflection as Aft Suite guest’s and it has totally ruined how we want to cruise in the future. The level of service has been the best we have ever experienced and the commitment from all the of the staff has been amazing. Our embarkation was seamless and being directed to the VIP Lounge for Champagne set the tone for the whole cruise. A big thanks to all the crew and staff for making this an unforgettable cruise.

Haha, I'm so worried about this as well. Our "return" to cruising after covid was in December on the Reflection in Aqua (our usual) right after she started sailing again. We were at a literal 1 to 1 crew to guest ratio - amazing service and hospitality - and I've always been impressed with our service on X ships. We've got the bucket list trip coming up on the Beyond in a RS and I'm a little concerned it'll ruin "regular" rooms for us. Either way, we'll have an awesome time and will always feel excited to go on another trip.

I always book a Window cabin and Bid Up with a low ball offer for something more expensive but found a Regular Balcony is fine. We spend time in our cabin for sleeping and like being out doing things on the ship. 

Tried Concierge/balcony but that was a waste of money. Same balcony cabin.  Did Aqua Class Balcony and though Blu wasn't worth the extra cost. Blu was cramped and crowded and noisy and we mostly ended up ordering off the MDR menu.

BUT if I ever  win a bid for a Suite I also may get ruined.............

• Like 1

8 hours ago, techteach said:

I’ve always cruised in suites, but could only get a veranda for our first cruise on Celebrity. 194 sq ft. Yikes! Yes, I’m totally spoiled. I’m hoping Move Up will get me into a Sky Suite or a Celebrity Suite. Crossing my fingers and checking twice a day. 20 days to embarkation.

Book on the slant of the hump on S class.  It’s a bigger balcony 😀

E3E8BD07-9813-4C2A-AF6F-63593A946564.jpeg

• Like 4

The perks of being a suite guest was a voyage of discovery for us. On embarkation we were shown to the VIP Lounge and were given champagne while we checked in . Now this alone made us feel feel very special and we looked at each other with a big smile on our faces. I’am sure that for cruisers who regularly have a suite this may sound really lame but for us first timers it was something we will never forget. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Noooooo!!! I booked a Sky Suite for the 1st time on a TA because of the number of Sea Days, and This is exactly what I was worried about!!!

We booked Oceanview on our initial cruises, then Celebrity offered us a Balcony for ‘a few more bucks’ and of course, never went back….which was the point.

Oh well. We needed a negative, whiny post on this otherwise nice, positive thread or the monitors will close it down. 

Den

Welcome to the club of “never go backer’s” Denny! You’re in fine company. 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Nice that you enjoyed your cruise. You paid big bucks and were happy.  Booking a suite on a mass market ship is not for everyone.  We did and thought it was overpriced.  Good food, nice cabin space, and good service wasn’t enough. Still on a crowded ship with lots of people coming and going. Packed into tenders, etc. was not good.  Moved on.  For same money, tried an all suite luxury ship. If I want a cheap cruise, Celebrity veranda is ok. For luxury,  not Celebrity. 

This is exactly why choice is important! 

We find Celebrity suits us perfectly because we enjoy the ‘club’ atmosphere in the Retreat areas but then enjoy also having a big ship to explore.

Re tenders and anything else that usually involves queuing on a big ship the concierge can usually make much easier. Much as I don’t particularly like the pretentious red carpet on returning to the ship in a hot Med or Caribbean port I will enjoy my queue jumping perk!

1 hour ago, chromered7 said:

The perks of being a suite guest was a voyage of discovery for us. On embarkation we were shown to the VIP Lounge and were given champagne while we checked in . Now this alone made us feel feel very special and we looked at each other with a big smile on our faces. I’am sure that for cruisers who regularly have a suite this may sound really lame but for us first timers it was something we will never forget. 

Totally agree, it is the little things that add up to make an experience special…

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Totally with you on this.  While it’s nice to have a suite (had one on a 14 night on Millie and are booked in one on Edge), we still enjoy cruises in non-suites.  I see many posting similar on the MSC forum about once you’ve done Yacht Club you’ll never go back to ‘steerage’.  This has never been the case with us.  We’ll do a suite (either in The Retreat or YC) if we see value in it;  otherwise we’ll have just as good a time outside the suite class. 

Agreed!  I respect those who love suites, but the " once you've gone suite you'll never go back" posts bug me a bit. I think it can scare off new people  who don't know any better. I have found that,  at least as far as Celebrity is concerned , the cruise experience is exquisite whether you are in an interior stateroom or a suite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Agreed!  I respect those who love suites, but the "once you've gone suite you'll never go back" posts bug me a bit. I think it can scare off new people  who don't know any better. I have found that,  at least as far as Celebrity is concerned , the cruise experience is exquisite whether you are in an interior stateroom or a suite.

Agreed. I am happy as a clam in an OV, and I enjoy suites when DH comes along. Either way, I have a great time and get good service.

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

Agreed!  I respect those who love suites, but the " once you've gone suite you'll never go back" posts bug me a bit. I think it can scare off new people  who don't know any better. I have found that,  at least as far as Celebrity is concerned , the cruise experience is exquisite whether you are in an interior stateroom or a suite.

We have never had a bad cruise with Celebrity and we have cruised with them many times. I’am not saying that the experience in other cabin’s is lesser in any way all what we were  saying is

how we felt on our latest cruise . It has taken many years to get to the point where we could afford an Aft Suite and our cruise next year is still Aft but not a suite

• Like 3

Not sure I understand your point here.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Not sure I understand your point here.

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I just mean someone new to Celebrity might read reviews and comments that are " suite or stay home" or "once you suite you'll never go back"   and get the impression that Celebrity is crap if you're not in a suite.

I read a lot of MSC reviews that stress to  book the  "Yacht Club" or it sucks.. I've never sailed on that line, so I don't know the truth of it. But I do know that Celebrity is NOT that way. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I just mean someone new to Celebrity might read reviews and comments that are " suite or stay home" or "once you suite you'll never go back"   and get the impression that Celebrity is crap if you're not in a suite.

I read a lot of MSC reviews that stress to  book the  "Yacht Club" or it sucks.. I've never sailed on that line, so I don't know the truth of it. But I do know that Celebrity is NOT that way. 

Ok understood.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

. I had just finished discussing with DH how social media, with its anonymity, has been creating a nasty element on CC. 

When someone ask a question the responses can be awful. CC was the place to go for information, not any more. It’s so sad. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kdkstormy said:

Book on the slant of the hump on S class.  It’s a bigger balcony 😀

E3E8BD07-9813-4C2A-AF6F-63593A946564.jpeg

Totally agree with these balcony’s, We we’re lucky to get one of these via a move up bid and since then we always look to try and get one of these if available, especially one of the ones on deck 6 on the s class ships as the first 2 on the slant actually fall in the cheapest balcony category (6210 has the larger balcony) the obstructed view isn’t really a problem so for us it’s great value 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chromered7 said:

We have never had a bad cruise with Celebrity and we have cruised with them many times. I’am not saying that the experience in other cabin’s is lesser in any way all what we were  saying is

how we felt on our latest cruise . It has taken many years to get to the point where we could afford an Aft Suite and our cruise next year is still Aft but not a suite

I have nothing against great suite experiences and reviews! 

Im glad you got to sail in a suite. And aft cabins in any category are great!

25 minutes ago, vicnsue said:

When someone ask a question the responses can be awful. CC was the place to go for information, not any more. It’s so sad. 

I still get great info on CC. And a good dose of second-hand cruise joy when I am not currently on one!

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 6:59 AM, chromered7 said:

We have recently got back from our Italy, Croatia and Greece cruise on Celebrity Reflection as Aft Suite guest’s and it has totally ruined how we want to cruise in the future. The level of service has been the best we have ever experienced and the commitment from all the of the staff has been amazing. Our embarkation was seamless and being directed to the VIP Lounge for Champagne set the tone for the whole cruise. A big thanks to all the crew and staff for making this an unforgettable cruise.

You scared me!  This is my first X cruise leaving in about a month and I was having second thoughts.  Glad the cruise went well and had great service.

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL - get thee behind Me satan!!!

I want the Iconic Suite...

bon voyage

Only because you are so……Iconic: ‘Widely known and acknowledged for distinctive excellence!’

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

We’ve sailed on MSC many times, sometimes in YC and other times not;  we had just as good a time when not in YC.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Only because you are so……Iconic: ‘Widely known and acknowledged for distinctive excellence!’

Den

Mr. D - thank you so much for the compliment, yet I count you amoungst a few of the mentors I have had here...

Still trying to rise to your level...

bon voyage

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Mr. D - thank you so much for the compliment, yet I count you amoungst a few of the mentors I have had here...

Still trying to rise to your level...

bon voyage

I’m afraid that is a pretty low-water mark! Love sharing!! Need to keep an eye on each other’s itinerary and see if there is Any chance of joining up!

den

• Like 1