Dressing for Alaskan cruise

Mum2Mercury

15 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I read something that made me think Alaskan cruises are "dressier" than Caribbean cruises.  True or false?  Details?  Thanks! 

Actually, in my opinion, they are just as casual if not more so....during the day, layering is the best way to go..temps can vary. Evenings? I wear the same type of slacks for dinner on an Alaskan Cruise as I do any other..........nice black slacks and a long sleeved top. And if there is a formal night, I wear Palazzo pants and and dressier top.  I honestly think it depends on your particular cruiseline.  I am going to Alaska for the 5th time in 3 weeks😀.......I always check the weather before packing.

• Like 1

After our first Alaskan cruise many years ago when I stopped bringing my formal clothing & haven packed it since. Since you need different types of clothing due to cool weather and rain, there wasn't enough room for 2 formal outfits also. 

Today we cruise mostly in the Caribbean/Panama canal & still pack the same. 

We're from New Orleans, so we found Alaska a bit chilly LOL For that reason we were more dressed up then we would have been if we were on a Southern cruise.  With all of the luggage restrictions airlines have implemented, I'm more inclined to "dress up" a pair of black pants than to pack formal wear.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 9:12 PM, abearz said:

We're from New Orleans, so we found Alaska a bit chilly LOL For that reason we were more dressed up then we would have been if we were on a Southern cruise.  With all of the luggage restrictions airlines have implemented, I'm more inclined to "dress up" a pair of black pants than to pack formal wear.  

This is what I do as well. Dress up black pants and top with blingy jewelry or a fancy wrap or scarf.