Water in cans or bottles?

Probably depends on ship/port and supply chains, but on my recent Jewel B2B (Amsterdam), all water was in cans. Assuming this would be the case, we purchased a couple bottles of water locally and took those aboard and kept re-filling them from cans.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 5:42 AM, RobInMN said:

Probably depends on ship/port and supply chains, but on my recent Jewel B2B (Amsterdam), all water was in cans. Assuming this would be the case, we purchased a couple bottles of water locally and took those aboard and kept re-filling them from cans.

Was the local bottled water taken onboard at embarkation, or at a port?

On 8/2/2022 at 8:33 AM, scottygirl said:

I was looking at my planner and water is 40% off. The description says Water Can Package (24 Bottles)

So which is it cans or bottles? 🙄

Ignore the % off.  Look at what the cost for the package is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mpk said:

Was the local bottled water taken onboard at embarkation, or at a port?

Embarkation. I think we had 4 total. 1 we actually brought with us from the states, the other 3 were purchased in Amsterdam. Took them aboard in Amsterdam. Not all were empty either. Used the cans to refill them. Took them off & back on in every port.

On 8/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, pstone1 said:

Still cans on Jewel!  😳

11 hours ago, teddybear231 said:

That's what I was thinking, it seems like a can would be difficult to take to the gym, pool, or off the ship if they don't reseal. 

Interesting.  I just finished up 2 Jewel cruises; a TA in April and an 8 nighter in March; both had plastic bottles.  Worked great in the gym and saunas.  

2 hours ago, jerseygirl629 said:

I just bought two 24 packs (One for each room). We are also confused about bottles or cans but we are bringing a version of these from home in case they are cans.

https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Must-Have-Accessories-Smart-House/dp/B07V7SD7SN

I will be on the Ovation also but cruising to New Zealand from Sydney.  Do those actually work without leaks?

Just now, scottygirl said:

I will be on the Ovation also but cruising to New Zealand from Sydney.  Do those actually work without leaks?

I don't own that exact brand that I linked, I think ours are from the dollar store so I am unsure if they prevent from leaking; I have only used them at home in the fridge to keep soda from losing their bubbles. But, I figure in this case it may be handy to bring them in case I can't finish the can in one sitting for some reason.

Seems a lot easier to bring a single empty plastic bottle and pour the water into that.  

I wouldn't trust the "screw on top" for a metal can to be watertight -- there's no gasket to keep the water from seeping between the plastic and the can.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jerseygirl629 said:

I just bought two 24 packs (One for each room). We are also confused about bottles or cans but we are bringing a version of these from home in case they are cans.

https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Must-Have-Accessories-Smart-House/dp/B07V7SD7SN

I thought you could only bring on a 12 pack of water??????   I just threw a 12 pack of bottled water (16.9 oz) in a backpack and am putting it with checked luggage at the pier.  Am I heading down to the naughty room????  Wish me luck 😬

4 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I thought you could only bring on a 12 pack of water??????   I just threw a 12 pack of bottled water (16.9 oz) in a backpack and am putting it with checked luggage at the pier.  Am I heading down to the naughty room????  Wish me luck 😬

Yes. If you attempt to put it in your checked luggage, it will be delayed or end up in the naughty room. Beverages you bring on board must be carried on.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy