Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

2 hours ago, LAKaye said:

Hello everybody~~

I am very anxious to see what the Oasis Eastbound 2024 TA will be.  

In the meantime, I was looking at her 2024 Med itinerary, and it seems that one can board either in Barcelona or Rome.  So putting the transatlantic aside for a moment, if you had to choose which city to embark from, would you choose Barcelona or Rome, with the main factor being ease from the airport to a hotel to the pier, if I decide to fly both ways rather than doing a TA.

Please forgive me if this question should be asked in another forum, but I couldn't figure out a better place than here.  There is a lot of experience available on this thread.

Thank you 🙏🏻

Absolutely Barcelona.  I would only board at Civitavecchia if my intention was to tour Rome before or afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Heads up, if booking this early, check back for a few days after booking. I booked yesterday, and saved $274 on each of our cruises today.  Called and got the adjustment on both.  Prices can fluctuate up or down in the days after release. 🙂

I was hoping for that to be the case for me as I have been fortunate like that before.  I booked Icon the day they came out.  It's up $400 since.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As mentioned, that confuses some folks but that’s how interporting works - two different “home” ports with 7 days from each. Some get on in one port and some get on at the other - it’s kinda the norm in Europe for other lines. 

We did that on our one only MSC cruise.  We boarded at Civitavecchia.  It was weird watching people do muster when we were on 3rd or 5th day.  

Royal's email about the new booking season mentioned new Greek ports: Thessaloniki, Chios and Skiathos; but i'm not seeing them anywhere in the schedule. It's possible the new ports are earmarked for the pending Voyager sailings, but wondered if anyone has info?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LAKaye said:

Hello everybody~~

In the meantime, I was looking at her 2024 Med itinerary, and it seems that one can board either in Barcelona or Rome.  So putting the transatlantic aside for a moment, if you had to choose which city to embark from, would you choose Barcelona or Rome, with the main factor being ease from the airport to a hotel to the pier, if I decide to fly both ways rather than doing a TA.

Please forgive me if this question should be asked in another forum, but I couldn't figure out a better place than here.  There is a lot of experience available on this thread.

Thank you 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Absolutely Barcelona.  I would only board at Civitavecchia if my intention was to tour Rome before or afterwards.

I share the exact same view as Tree-skier and would choose Rome if touring it (over Barcelona) were in your plans. 

The only other two factors that I would considerñ besides your main criteria, is if you have never been to either Barcelona or Rome, I'd lean to Rome (personal preference) or,  if you travel light and are used to European trains,  then Rome is just as "easy", albeit, a longer train ride from the city proper to the port.  

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

4 hours ago, LAKaye said:

Hello everybody~~

Thank you 🙏🏻

9 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I share the exact same view as Tree-skier and would choose Rome if touring it (over Barcelona) were in your plans. 

The only other two factors that I would considerñ besides your main criteria, is if you have never been to either Barcelona or Rome, I'd lean to Rome (personal preference) or,  if you travel light and are used to European trains,  then Rome is just as "easy", albeit, a longer train ride from the city proper to the port.  

I agree with @Steeler Nation At Sea. When we did the Western Mediterranean Summer 2018 on Symphony's inaugural season, we specially chose Rome over Barcelona and spent a week in Rome first. We loved it, and could have easily spent many more days in Rome. For what we care about, "Barcelona in a day" was plenty for us, but we felt sorry for anyone that boarded in Barcelona and was trying to do "Rome in a day". Can't even imagine.

However, if you are just flying in & out with no plans to spend time in the city, Barcelona is arguably the easier port, and also the "primary" home port, from which all scheduling is done. If you board in Rome, then you will be on day 4-7 of one cruise, and 1-4 of the next cruise (or something like that).

Here is a thread dedicated to just your exact question.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, At5920Feet said:

Royal's email about the new booking season mentioned new Greek ports: Thessaloniki, Chios and Skiathos; but i'm not seeing them anywhere in the schedule. It's possible the new ports are earmarked for the pending Voyager sailings, but wondered if anyone has info?  

Voyager Summer Med 2024 are posted

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LAKaye said:

Hello everybody~~

Thank you 🙏🏻

There may not be one.  Oasis is due for her drydock this year so they may sail empty to get a head start on the work. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

How can one start on 5-9 and the other on 5-12-24?  They are both 7 night cruises.

It’s the same cruise, but you can either board on a Sunday in Barcelona or a Thursday in Civitavecchia. Either way you’re on board for 7 nights and visit all the same ports.

I agree that Barcelona is the better starting point, not least because Royal hasn’t figured out how to get the app working if you board in Civitavecchia. Plus Barcelona’s port is much closer to the city and airport.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

But stupid prices - over $3750 for 2 in a balcony on a 7n from Barcelona!!!!
They are having a laugh! I’m out! 

They will come down like Vision did. Get the balcony you want then get a price drop. Lots of ports to choose from. I'm going to do one with Athens and have a few days in the City.

• Like 1

Just now, bigeck said:

They will come down like Vision did. Get the balcony you want then get a price drop. Lots of ports to choose from. I'm going to do one with Athens and have a few days in the City.

Can’t get price drops once they’ve applied the “free” cruise discount of $2400. 
I will look at it again when I’m more awake!! 

10 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I agree with @Steeler Nation At Sea. When we did the Western Mediterranean Summer 2018 on Symphony's inaugural season, we specially chose Rome over Barcelona and spent a week in Rome first. We loved it, and could have easily spent many more days in Rome. For what we care about, "Barcelona in a day" was plenty for us, but we felt sorry for anyone that boarded in Barcelona and was trying to do "Rome in a day". Can't even imagine.

However, if you are just flying in & out with no plans to spend time in the city, Barcelona is arguably the easier port, and also the "primary" home port, from which all scheduling is done. If you board in Rome, then you will be on day 4-7 of one cruise, and 1-4 of the next cruise (or something like that).

Here is a thread dedicated to just your exact question.

Oh my!  Thank you very much for digging up this thread.  🙏🏻

And many thanks to all of you for your advice regarding Barcelona or Rome.  💐

• Like 1

Looking at JS on Voyager.  Am not getting an option to choose refundable fare on the last page.  However, when I look at cancellation policy below the quote, it acts like the default is refundable.  Very strange and I don’t trust it!  Same when I redo with a balcony room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Just booked Odyssey TA and holy land.  Holy land is pricey but TA isn't.   Had 2 next cruise certificates so ok for now.

I've looked at the Holy Land one. A bit steep. Voyager going as well but Odyssey is better.

Might have a rush of blood over the weekend