View from outside

mfs2k

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Few posts discuss what the infinite verandahs look like from the outside. 

5A60FFD4-8EA0-4E06-BD85-FC145FBE965E.thumb.png.fe89a48f19c372b189698b61ac3f19b1.png

3AF10B8A-7031-48D3-B1B6-E154727EA308.thumb.jpeg.3e43a512ffbdf8b2b28a83204d3d2b1c.jpeg

Indeed, we have been remiss in discussing the attributes of the Infinite Verandas from the outside.

There is no doubt that from the inside looking out to infinity and beyond, the frontiers of Captain Kate and Captain Kirk meld in the distance, forming one horizon of unbounded adventures. 

From the outside looking in, the Infinite Verandas present the look of a brand-new modern upscale neighborhood, replete in all their welcoming splendor. Residents include only the most discerning people with an unfailing perspective toward the benefits of innovative change. As your eyes gaze inward, from the outer edge of the veranda, your vision is drawn to the cabin door or the horizontal apex which when opened affords access to an entire community of fellow cruisers and adventurers. The IV is the best of both worlds. It takes you outward toward a boundless expanse or inward toward a more intimate and convivial environment. You just can't help but get excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

From the outside looking in, the Infinite Verandas present the look of a brand-new modern upscale neighborhood, replete in all their welcoming splendor. Residents include only the most discerning people with an unfailing perspective toward the benefits of innovative change. As your eyes gaze inward, from the outer edge of the veranda, your vision is drawn to the cabin door or the horizontal apex which when opened affords access to an entire community of fellow cruisers and adventurers. The IV is the best of both worlds. It takes you outward toward a boundless expanse or inward toward a more intimate and convivial environment. You just can't help but get excited.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Crazy, right?  I was going to say the exact same thing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Crazy, right?  I was going to say the exact same thing.

I imagined your digits quivering with excited anticipation of putting pen to paper, so to speak. I appreciate you deferring to me for those particular thoughts. Let's face it, many folks enjoy their vista view from the deck of the Pinta, the Nina or the Santa Maria. Me, I prefer an edgier perspective. Either way, it is the personal preference that results in the ultimate enjoyment. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I imagined your digits quivering with excited anticipation of putting pen to paper, so to speak. I appreciate you deferring to me for those particular thoughts. Let's face it, many folks enjoy their vista view from the deck of the Pinta, the Nina or the Santa Maria. Me, I prefer an edgier perspective. Either way, it is the personal preference that results in the ultimate enjoyment. 

Crap! At my age I didn't think I'd be rowing anymore. Once an ores-man always an ores-man. 

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

C'mon now, davekathy, don't be frivolous with me. I do know that the P, N, and SM were sailing ships. No oarsmen needed.

I'm always serious.😁 Always enjoy our traditional balcony. Glad Celebrity has them fleetwide. 

• Like 1

LOL - different strokes for different folks.

My husband and I dislike balcony cabins for a different reason (prefer inside or sometimes an ocean view).

We also like smaller ships so all the buzz and information about the Edge here on CC just went by us.

However, the recent posts on these large window cabins have my husband and I discussing the possibility of cruising in one (either Celebrity or another line).

The only sticking point is the ship size, we still like smaller ships.

• Like 1

They make it look like an office building.

I do always think when driving up to the ship on embarkation day, the ship looks like a building because of the size and then it's hard to believe we are about to set sail on that 'moving building'.  😉  (My first cruise,  I was so excited when I first spotted the ship and then amazed when pulling up.  I still get that same feeling every cruise, like it's my first cruise!)  🥳

...but this design, really makes it look like an office building.  I don't think the look is bad but what they are, I do not like.  People love them.  People hate them.   People, like myself, who haven't experienced one, don't like them.  😅

The 'flat' sides remind me of the older cruise ships before they had balconies.  Of course, they didn't have this almost solid glass look, but that flatness since they didn't have balconies.

I 'stalked' videos and pictures when the Beyond first came out to find the cabins I'll be in during the upcoming cruise.   However, I do that for every ship I'm on. 😉  

🍹

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

The 'flat' sides remind me of the older cruise ships before they had balconies.  Of course, they didn't have this almost solid glass look, but that flatness since they didn't have balconies.

I sailed on a few ships in the 80's with giant picture windows.  Carnival Jubilee and Tropicale specifically.  This was before the cruise lines started building ships with balconies on most exterior cabins. 

The biggest difference between infinite verandahs and cabins on the ships without balconies was the windows didn't open on the older ships.  

15 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I sailed on a few ships in the 80's with giant picture windows.  Carnival Jubilee and Tropicale specifically.  This was before the cruise lines started building ships with balconies on most exterior cabins. 

The biggest difference between infinite verandahs and cabins on the ships without balconies was the windows didn't open on the older ships.  

Imagine those picture windows opening and being called balconies?  🤭

🍹

• Like 2
  • Haha 1