When can we input vaccination card?

imola

I know that I should know this already but clearly my brain has stored the information where I can't find it.  We are trying to get ready for our next cruise, which isn't until October but I am not a last minute person.  I wanted to put our cards into the RC app on our phones but cannot seem to find where to do this.  Am I just to soon?  I know that check in is 45 days out but is that when we do vaccine cards as well?  Again sorry but I just can't seem to remember.  TIA for your help.

54 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

And it will probably be 2-3 weeks out before they validate them. You will still need your card at the port as of current protocols.

Thank you for this. I was just able to start the check in progress and keep checking the app. I will wait  a couple of weeks.

I have a question related to this. Am I still considered fully vaccinated if my vaccines were completed in 2021? I had my J&J dose in early 2021 and then I got my Pfizer booster about 6 months later. I have my vaccine card stating so, but my cruise is in October so those vaccines will be more than a year old. I'm nervous that they will consider this too old, but I haven't been able to find anything about if additional vaccines are boosters are required for 2022.

15 minutes ago, Cyndi874 said:

I have a question related to this. Am I still considered fully vaccinated if my vaccines were completed in 2021? I had my J&J dose in early 2021 and then I got my Pfizer booster about 6 months later. I have my vaccine card stating so, but my cruise is in October so those vaccines will be more than a year old. I'm nervous that they will consider this too old, but I haven't been able to find anything about if additional vaccines are boosters are required for 2022.

There is nothing about being fully vaccinated on rcl where they have to be up to date kind of rule. As long as you are vaccinated its yes or no ... I dont know of any ports that care either...but there could be some. I've never had a issue and my booster was last nov. Waiting for the new booster myself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cyndi874 said:

Date of vaccines make a difference on some European cruises.  You can see your requirements in this link.  Just choose your port of departure to see the rules for your sailing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedIguana said:

And it will probably be 2-3 weeks out before they validate them. You will still need your card at the port as of current protocols.

It will be 3 weeks for us this coming Sunday. If it goes beyond 3 weeks do we call RCCL or? Everything else went it fine but they say they are still ‘validating your records’. 2-/2 weeks and counting…..

1 minute ago, jamesnnb said:

It will be 3 weeks for us this coming Sunday. If it goes beyond 3 weeks do we call RCCL or? Everything else went it fine but they say they are still ‘validating your records’. 2-/2 weeks and counting…..

Honestly it’s not a big deal because you still have to produce your vaccine card at check in.   I can assure you 99% of the time it will validate before your sail date..

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Most of the time you can put vaccine information in at check in 45 days prior to sailing. Sometimes you can’t and just have to wait until closer to 30 days prior. Once ours was finally available, validating took less than a day. 

Just did ours a few days ago for our September 11 sailing. Completed the check in. But cannot print out luggage tags at this time.

3 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

Don't bother calling. Expect it to validate 2 weeks out, earlier than that is a bonus. Even if it does not validate, it will when you show your card at the port. My 8/6/2022 cruise validated about 3 weeks out, my 8/31/2022 has not validated yet. Both checked in 45 days out.

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just did ours a few days ago for our September 11 sailing. Completed the check in. But cannot print out luggage tags at this time.

E-docs (luggage tags) have been 30 days out since restart.

19 hours ago, RedIguana said:

This is what I've always said too but yesterday I looked at my upcoming cruise and it only took 1 day to show up as completed.  Go figure 😉

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

This is what I've always said too but yesterday I looked at my upcoming cruise and it only took 1 day to show up as completed.  Go figure 😉

My August 31st sailing just validated. Getting faster😆

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for your responses.  I feel better knowing that I am just too soon rather than not being able to make the app work.  As I am sure you can tell I am just excited about the upcoming adventure and taking something else off my bucket list. 

26 minutes ago, imola said:

I feel better knowing that I am just too soon rather than not being able to make the app work.  As I am sure you can tell I am just excited about the upcoming adventure and taking something else off my bucket list. 

It's great to be excited. And there really are some nice and helpful people on here. I have learned a bunch from this site.

• Like 1