Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

21 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Loved the red picnic tables on the sidewalks.  More cities need to provide places for weary tourists to sit for a bit.

They had those big Adirondack chairs everywhere even along the main street.  Many were being used for a short rest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oville said:

Okay, your pix and upbeat commentary have gotten me thru a bad knee and now a few aches and pains recovering from the knee.  Since I am so impressed by your pix I’m wondering if it’s more than just the IPhone 13 Pro Max.  I have the 13 Pro but do you have anything other add on beyond your phone camera?

Have a great sea day tomorrow and Halifax the next.  Katie

No..  The Pro Max has 3 lenses built in.   Wide Angle  - Ultra Wide Angle and Telephoto.   I think that was the big selling point of the camera and I believe a higher aspect ratio. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good point.   It's a C3   ---- so inquiring minds want to know how they witnessed the event in Blu.

I talked with the Blu hostess as to how they were able to dine in Blu with that cabin number. She told us there were issues with their AQ cabin when they first boarded and were moved to a similar cabin, but not an Aqua one as there were none available. However, since they paid for an Aqua cabin, they still get all of the perks which, of course, includes dining at Blu. So now you know “the rest of the story” as it was told to me this morning. 😁

• Thanks 9

18 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Jim, somewhere in one of your "live' threads (maybe last year after the restart), you posted a link to a website that you recommended for how to make better pictures with an iphone.  I shared it with my sister but now I can't find it.  If you remember what it was called, I'd really appreciate it.

It's Emil Pakarklis iPhone Academy -  By the way the teaser ad of 80% off is always available.  He starts with the very basics of how to hold the cameras and later goes extensively into photo editing and enhancement. 

https://iphonephotographyschool.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No..  The Pro Max has 3 lenses built in.   Wide Angle  - Ultra Wide Angle and Telephoto.   I think that was the big selling point of the camera and I believe a higher aspect ratio. 

Thanks, the Pro also has the same lenses.  Guess I need to get practicing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I would like to do this. What types of gifts are especially welcomed? When the crew couldn’t get off the ship, I asked our steward and butler what we could bring back for them. 

BAck when he crew could not leave the ship we asked our waiter if he needed anything.   He initially said no.   Later he said what I could really use is a tie clasp.   He had lost his.

We had fun trying to buy one with our limited Portuguese .   Finally I passed a men's shop and the manikins in the front windows had the on tie.   When he didn't understand me I pointed and he took it off the manikin and sold it to us.   He was beyond pleased.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Hi, Jim, you said that B2B testing will be happening again for you on this leg.  I know you mentioned that it's because of the number of cases currently on board, but could it also be that it's a Canadian thing?  We have to test to board on 8/31 since Canada is requiring it, so maybe, the B2B testing is essentially linked to that - it's technically a new cruise for you B2Bers, so Canada say, you must test again, just like the new passengers.  Would be interesting to hear from cruisers who are B2Bing on cruises that don't include Canada or Bermuda or other countries that are still requiring testing to board.....

Yea... I agree which was the reason I was confused when they said they weren't sure.  For our processing from Greenland we didn't have to do the Canadian Customs forms because they said we were in-transit.  Doesn't really matter we are prepped and also have a COR just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I talked with the Blu hostess as to how they were able to dine in Blu with that cabin number. She told us there were issues with their AQ cabin when they first boarded and were moved to a similar cabin, but not an Aqua one as there were none available. However, since they paid for an Aqua cabin, they still get all of the perks which, of course, includes dining at Blu. So now you know “the rest of the story” as it was told to me this morning. 😁

Thanks for the explanation Ken.

• Like 2

Just found this thread and see I have a lot of reading to keep me busy.  I'll be on the Voyager TA in early Sept, that includes both Greenland and Iceland.  Thanks @Jim_Iain.  

p.s.  Great photos....you guys haven't aged since the last time I saw you!

Pat

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I assume that the table in the Bar area across from the drink refrigerator.  I liked it because it had the window, although we usually sat in the main area.

We have enjoyed the bar area from back when it was a bar in the Old Michael's Club days.

• Like 1

Chic Night Dinner 8/28/2022

3E9C088C-657E-4003-AC57-C8934D388B72.thumb.jpeg.ffe741178f379e85c65d53c5e7065011.jpeg

Iain had the Salmon Starter

3FF1F3F5-01ED-42F3-BFE8-6B494F4BD972.thumb.jpeg.0bd8835987beeb6a4706b65d495f706a.jpeg

I had the Tuscan Kale Soup - very hardy 

A7289F7B-676F-47C4-8A77-34BEC3A03B11.thumb.jpeg.68d178c596a7e5e192bb86468b13fa18.jpeg

Iain had the lobster and specifically requested just one

F65D582D-53DE-4FF0-B5B3-8A5F83B1AD55.thumb.jpeg.a4d2a51ceec6bece5f44c95e906ba344.jpeg

I had the Herb Crusted Rack o f Lamb

F65D582D-53DE-4FF0-B5B3-8A5F83B1AD55.thumb.jpeg.a4d2a51ceec6bece5f44c95e906ba344.jpeg

Tried Baked Alaska for first time in many years.  Ok not great.

09187FBF-79DA-423B-86D6-259B4E89D170.thumb.jpeg.c1accc553e4f56c79e6b5ddd2c39a0c5.jpeg 

A52803DE-BBB9-4426-84B4-331A8D34AEB6.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/24/2022 at 6:36 AM, sgmn said:

That's so much better than the normal offerings 

I agree that the Constellation offering far exceeds what you received on Summit.  But, part of me thinks it's a bit of overkill.  If I received a cheese and fruit plate like that, neither my wife or I would have been able to enjoy dinner.  I think Summit and Constellation may have missed the Goldilocks test.  The search for just right continues. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poffles said:

The sun has come out for you here today!  Hope you have a great visit.

It's a fantastic day for sure.   The city is very active and the weather is perfect.  Thanks for sending good weather our way.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Today was the first time I listened to their Blog.  I enjoy some blogs but found I had to listen to 3/4 of the clip advertising and desire to hit x numbers of followers.    Some here really enjoy them. 

I did see there room when doing laps inside. 

F00B6F66-9D1E-4C31-9BD7-FE015D6D372D.thumb.jpeg.ab6d3501df1653126d2478196fdcac7c.jpeg

I have similar sentiments Jim.  I used to watch some of their content but it was just too much noise to get to the content.  I don't like feeling like I am being pulled in to listen to a whole lotta 'extra' to fill the video and what I feel is a lot of unwarranted hype and drama and waiting and waiting for what the video title 'promises'.  Titles like 'I HATED my Cruise (and why you might too!)' or 'We're Fighting' or 'We're Fighting ... Again' ... oh my.   Brings to mind magazines ... enquiring minds want to know 🙂

Many like them so guess it's good we have choices.  Now back to you Jim and Iain and your lovely live cruise report!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's a fantastic day for sure.   The city is very active and the weather is perfect.  Thanks for sending good weather our way.

I wish I could take credit, it's been very hot and muggy the last week or so but today seems like a really nice balanced day.  Thanks for touching down in our city 🙂

• Like 1