Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Once again, thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Jim_Iain was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

This will be our second attempt at our first  B3B.   Earlier this year, we had to cut our vacation short because  we tested positive on the last day of the 2nd leg.   We missed the Norwegian Fjords but this cruise may make up for it.

The first two cruises are a B2B Transatlantic from Port Liberty to Reykjavik, Iceland and Back to Boston.  The final one is a New England and Canada cruise.  We will visit many of the ports twice and a couple 3 times.   It allowed us to plan something different on the duplicate ports.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Congrats! Always love reading. Will Summit be visiting Charlottetown? To lazy to look up myself. Hoping to be first to post.

Regards,

Kevin reid

Edited by FRMPEI
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8/3/2022

I wanted to say that all are welcome and I really enjoy when others either on the cruise jump in and help out answering questions as well as recommendations.   The Cruise Critic family has become very important to me and it never amazes me what I learn from fellow members. 

Thanks for being her for me and I hope I can give back as much as I receive.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Just now, FRMPEI said:

Congrats! Always love reading. Will Summit be visiting Charlottetown? To lazy to look up myself. Hoping t o be first to post.

Regards,

Kevin reid

Welcome Kevin -  You won the first poster award and get the best seat in the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

First of all, my best wishes for an uneventful and uninterrupted trip this time. Second, thank you - as always - for sharing your experiences. I'll be following with interest, and will appreciate any insights you may offer regarding the ship, crew and especially the Canadian ports. We board the Summit on 9/11, in Retreat Class, and are very much looking forward to it, partially (but only partially) because Boston is home for us and we're happy not to be flying to join the ship. 😉  It will be our 3rd time on the Summit, and we've found the ship and crew to be exceptional in the past.  Happy sailing! 👍

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim, I will be looking forward to another enjoyable read. 

we are going on our 5th X cruise in 10 months. Cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii next month. 
i am still concerned about Covid-19 cases when people are arriving home. We cruised to Alaska on the Solstice last month and the couple we went with had Covid positive test when they arrived home. No air involved as they live in Seattle. 
cheers, Heather 

• Thanks 1

Always enjoy reading your posts wishing you happy sails.

I will be on the repo from Boston to Miami in October our first cruise since 2018 had to cancel 3 cruises since then this will be my retirement cruise 2 years later. The only thing that has me worried is the covid testing we are vaccinated and boosted. 

Can't wait to following along on your journey.

Pam 

• Like 3

Great to have you back, Jim!!!

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas 8/14, so it will be a challenge to stay current! 

Hopefully you experience all 3 voyages  this time !

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

Following along…Iceland was one of my favorite cruises I have done…won’t be on the Summit until February…hopefully will make it to the Edge on 9/3…that is if Flights by Celebrity ever gets us new flights that were canceled over a month ago…and December on the Apex….

Have an amazing journey….

• Thanks 1

Absolutely loved our cruises to Greenland and Iceland in 2019.  In Greenland we did the hikes in Nanotalik, Qaqortog and Nuuk.  All 3 different scenery and terrain -  total of all 3 was 26 miles.  The cities are tiny to say the least but so unique.  

Reykjavik was amazing,  Easy city to walk around in - the church on top can be seen from everywhere.

We did the Golden Circle tour - Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and did The Blue Lagoon - which was so much fun - setting is so pretty and water temp was amazing and relaxing.

Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage🕺🏻🕺🏻
I’m ready to follow your adventures🤩 
Hope all goes well for paperwork for covid recovery❤️ ( me and mr Norwaylady will be on Eclipse b2b Alaska+Hawaii in few weeks and we will bring recovery paperwork… got I’ll 3 weeks ago and we have been totally down until now) 

safe travels😘🇳🇴

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing another review.  Your information and expertise is always so valuable to all of us, not to mention that it takes time to answer questions and write while on vacation.  I am finally doing a b2b in October that will be my first experience, so cannot wait to enjoy your b3b vicariously! 

The world is waiting for your footprint...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

First of all, my best wishes for an uneventful and uninterrupted trip this time. Second, thank you - as always - for sharing your experiences. I'll be following with interest, and will appreciate any insights you may offer regarding the ship, crew and especially the Canadian ports. We board the Summit on 9/11, in Retreat Class, and are very much looking forward to it, partially (but only partially) because Boston is home for us and we're happy not to be flying to join the ship. 😉  It will be our 3rd time on the Summit, and we've found the ship and crew to be exceptional in the past, so are very much looking forward to it.  Happy sailing! 👍

Glad you are aboard and can be a great resources for the folks joining the 3rd segments in Boston.  

We were last on Summit in 2019 on a B2B and had the opportunity to visit your lovely city.  There is so much history to see but also so much not historical that was a joy to visit.

Our first cruise we walked the complete Freedom Trail which included everything from the U.S.S. Constitution and Beacon Hill to Paul Revere's house.   Especially loved Boston Common such a beautiful park.

I grew up in my teens in Longmeadow, Mass.  so still have a bit of Massachusetts in me

• Like 6

So happy to  tag along on this wonderful adventure, B3B ! I love reading your  live reports.

I do not  sail till June2023 on Viking Ocean, but Celebrity is the best forum for live reports. Brings back memories of my favorite ship, Constellation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A Sixth? said:

See you aboard 

Joni (DW) is in pre vacation panic 

😱

I know the feeling.   We have been really affected by supply chain and staffing issues in almost every aspect of our final hours.   Laundry and dry cleaning took 7 days while pre-covid it was 1 day.    I had some final prescriptions ordered which usually ship in 1 day but have take 4 days and only mailed today.   Gonna be tight.

53 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

Jim, I will be looking forward to another enjoyable read. 

we are going on our 5th X cruise in 10 months. Cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii next month. 
i am still concerned about Covid-19 cases when people are arriving home. We cruised to Alaska on the Solstice last month and the couple we went with had Covid positive test when they arrived home. No air involved as they live in Seattle. 
cheers, Heather 

You will love that cruise.    One thing we did (but this was pre-covid) was to reserve in each of the Hawaiian ports on do it on our own.   Really allowed us the freedom to see the islands at our own pace.  

49 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Good to see you back sailing.  Greenland is on our bucket list when we can work around other obligations like weddings etc.  

looking forward to learning what we are missing. 

Me too.   I've only seen Iceland and Greenland from the air so really looking forward to doing some exploring.   We are packed for rainy, drizzly weather but after living in Ireland for 3 years we know what to expect.