Perfect Day - Coco Cay Beaches - Disappointed

36 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You missed one:  take the brownies and break them into small pieces in a cup/bowl, then add soft serve and mix it up and eat with a spoon.  

Brownie sundae. 👍

I missed another, although this came from someone else so I can’t vouch for it…

Take the pork from the taco bar & put it on a burger bun, then add bbq sauce from the condiment area for a pseudo pulled pork sandwich. (Could also put the pork on top of a burger.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

What's that, you ask?  I'm sitting here at work and I just calculated how many days until I'm at Coco Cay again.  The answer is sixty-five. 

Yes, I'm hungry right now.

Sounds like something I would do and say, except I work from home, so I'm mostly just on the couch being hungry.

No Cococay for me for a while unless my wife changes her tune about talking some time off work in SEP or OCT. Wanted to go back on Indy with one of the GGG prices next month but she's being difficult. 😠 We'd be on Cococay on my birthday too!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, notscb said:

Yes. They're not far from each other, and the water at both is crystal clear and blue depending on weather.

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone in general, we did watch a couple of YouTube videos to get our bearing, but learning a lot more here about the island!!  It’s literally the only port we’re going to get off the ship at on our Oasis trip. 😁

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

You have NO idea.  Fortunately, it's only for two months... this "working a job" thing is for the birds!

I just saw your signature, are you sailing for two months straight???  

Two months work, two months sailing sounds like a really nice ratio!!

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sounds like something I would do and say, except I work from home, so I'm mostly just on the couch being hungry.

No Cococay for me for a while unless my wife changes her tune about talking some time off work in SEP or OCT. Wanted to go back on Indy with one of the GGG prices next month but she's being difficult. 😠 We'd be on Cococay on my birthday too!

I'll be there five times in October and November... but who's counting? 

2 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

We will be on Coco Cay tomorrow. What/where is good to eat?  We were planning on boarding the ship for lunch. 

Scroll back in this thread. Asked and answered. I'd eat Cococay food for lunch every day of a cruise if I could!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, psac said:

I just saw your signature, are you sailing for two months straight???  

Two months work, two months sailing sounds like a really nice ratio!!

Yes, nine cruises in a row.  

Technically, I haven't worked since late October 2021.  I did five cruises in Nov/Dec, three in January, and five more in Apr/May.  I had to bite the bullet and do a couple months of work this year to pay for my last batch of cruises.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

We will be on Coco Cay tomorrow. What/where is good to eat?  We were planning on boarding the ship for lunch. 

The buffet area is a huge improvement over what it used to be.  Check it out, even if you don't eat there.  Lots of fajita choices and toppings, cuban sandwiches, decent burgers, salad, fruit, etc.  There are also a few Snack Shacks that have a really good burger, chicken sandwich and a few other things.  Limited options but done really well.  Snack Shacks also have funnel cake which is a nice treat.

We were disappointed with the Chill Island beach as well - there was an overabundance of slimy seaweed. But we had already booked/paid for a day bed set up (which was incredibly nice) so we chose to stay around there for the day. 

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Yes, nine cruises in a row.  

Technically, I haven't worked since late October 2021.  I did five cruises in Nov/Dec, three in January, and five more in Apr/May.  I had to bite the bullet and do a couple months of work this year to pay for my last batch of cruises.  

Wow, excellent, enjoy!!   Definitely retirement (or semi-retirement) goals!!  👍😁

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:03 PM, pattycake08 said:

I was on the 7/25/2022 Inde of Seas sailing to Bahamas.  Our Stop at Perfect Day left me a little disappointed. I had been hearing over the last 2 years how they were building it up, but I was not impressed. I found out as we were leaving Perfect Day that there are actually 3 beaches on Perfect Day, that I was unaware of, Chill Island, South Beach & Harbor Beach.  We stayed on Chill Island which was full of seaweed & the ocean floor was very rocky.  Should we have stayed perhaps at either South Beach or Harbor Beach for a better Experience?  Also, was their a community free pool at Perfect Day that we could have went to, I didn't see one?

There is no excuse for the island management not removing the debris/grooming the beaches, period.  

One more example of me not seeing the seaweed but I know it's there!

On 8/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, shipgeeks said:

We, like the OP, were disappointed with Coco Cay, and we had maps.

We took the tram around the circuit. Loud music everywhere, a closed-in feeling along most of the route; very little opportunity to see beaches, pool, or other attractions.  We were one small ship in port, but it felt like being at a mall just before Christmas, with all the hype.  We completed the circuit, sat for a while in Adirondack chairs, then went straight back to the ship.

The photos above do not look anything like what we saw.  What we saw were the new adventure park rides and such.  Not my idea of a private island day.

We have probably been spoiled by visiting MSC's Ocean Cay.  Now that is an island paradise!  Just the sights and sounds of nature, visibility across the island, white sand, turquoise waters, palm trees, very few buildings, very soft music along a few of the walkways.

We are due there again in November, and will give it a try, but I have to agree that it was not the positive experience that we expected.

The tram is not an attraction, and not designed as an “opportunity to see beaches pool or other attractions” - it’s a method of transport around the island. Honestly I don’t know what the heck people are thinking 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BekkaW said:

The tram is not an attraction, and not designed as an “opportunity to see beaches pool or other attractions” - it’s a method of transport around the island. Honestly I don’t know what the heck people are thinking 

According to later posts which you may  not have read yet, the OP was thinking that the island would be set up more like Ocean Cay where everything is more visible, instead of behind vegetation.  I can see where going from one private island to another may cause different expectations.