8-4-22 ALREADY AUGUST

Izena

Good morning everyone.  I finally took off the cruise weight.  Back to the low end of my range (1happy, 

Busy planning trips - most of hem cruises. Im so blessed that my son has the time and desire to cruise with me - both are independent and do our own thing.

still hot which is getting bothersome - limits my walking time, grass turning brown just yucky.

I looked up the goli release tablets that are suppose to help with insulin resistance and craving sweets.  It’s Chromuim - I bought a generic bottle from Amazon.  I have taken one daily with meal.  I think it works I don’t get such a strong craving for sugar.  My eating routine is drink lots of water, first meal of day  is usually around 1-2,  then a snack and dinner.  Not hungry  working on keeping calories 1000-1200.  I have a very slow metabolism.

Everyone be happy, safe, heathy 

• Like 1

Hi All!

Getting ready to start back with our cruising.  Weight stayed the same this week.  I knew last week was too good to be true😄 and wouldn't happen b2b.  

Jan so glad things are going well!  Rest and recover.

Izena we are always in the Caribbean.  I do tend to prefer the southern areas like Bonaire and Curacao.  We go to same islands all the time.  Makes it fun trying to find something new to do each time.  

It is warm here too.  But we are getting frequent rain.  Makes the grass grow like crazy!  My poor husband has spent 1/2 the summer on a lawn mower.  That is one reason we don't cruise too much during the summer.  We will probably need a bush hog when we get back from this next cruise.

The chromium thing is interesting.  Will have to investigate that one.

Hope everyone does well.  I will be back in a few weeks....Susan

Sure is quiet.   August has become my health scare month.  
Jazzper - noticed his right eye is blood shot and appears there is a film over his iris, will make him an appointment next week doesn’t seem to bother him. Hoping it’s just dry eye. 

Me  -  I’m developing lightheadedness during my morning walks.  Yesterday I ordered a fingertip ekg monitor(delivery today) .  Normal heart rate is in the 50,s  during episode it was up to 78  came home and checked blood sugar 110  so not caused by low sugar.  I think it might be a-fib. Hoping to get it documented then will see dr.  Started taking baby aspirin.  Otherwise feel great.

jealous of everyone cruising.  

• Like 1

Doing well not  lightheaded this morning.  Wore my pulse ox finger monitor measures oxygen saturation and heart rate. Saw something familiar with heart rate which would explain so.  Got new monitor will set it up today.   

have been good with sweets - have resisted urge to go buy just ONE candy bar or maybe go to Dairy Queen . Maybe I’ll make some sugar free jello today.

Izena - It is so difficult not to buy a candy bar or go to Dairy Queen .... congratulations on not giving in!!!  I hope that everything goes well and the new monitor will explain what is going on.  Glad you are not lightheaded.  All the best - Jan

Hello everyone. Still sailing. Alaska is beautiful as before. Glaciers just shrinking. Sad,

Just touching base. Daughter got off today.

Jan didn't know your surgery was so soon, Hope your feeling better each day. Glad

it went well.

Izena thanks for starting the thread each Thursday. Glad your weight is back down to where

you want it.

Susan Bon Voyage! Have a great time.

Jo and Ombud are you doing alright.

• Like 1

Met with surgeon today - I had 3 lymph nodes with cancer.  They said it is only stage 1 or 2.  I have to see an oncologist the end of the month to see if I need to have chemo before radiation.   Good news is that they say that I can go on my December cruise.  I have positive feelings that everything will work out fine.  Jan

• Like 2