2 days or is it 3 days before boarding

New protocol that I just heard was posted by Royal Caribbean for cruises out of the US. As of August 8, it looks like they will allow you to get a Covid test three days before the cruise, instead of the current two day requirement. 

• Like 2

Updated Guidance for Cruises Departing the U.S.

We are currently developing updated protocols that provide for the continued safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit, better align with the travel and hospitality sector, and meet destination regulations. This means we’re transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us.

Starting with August 8, 2022 departures, we will revise our testing requirement for most U.S. sailings:

• • Fully vaccinated guests will only have to show a test result at boarding if the sailing is 6 nights or longer.
  • • Unvaccinated children will still need to show a test result to board all sailings, regardless of length. However, they will not need to test again at the terminal.
  • • Guests will now have the same test standard, regardless of vaccination status: You can show a negative test result from a supervised PCR or antigen test taken within the 3 days before your boarding day. Learn more.
  • • This revision does not apply to guests whose itinerary visits Canada or Bermuda. They will still need to follow our current testing protocols until further notice.

Our current testing protocols will remain in place through August 7, 2022 for all U.S. departures.  

We are continuing to work with our destination partners to evolve and finalize other travel protocols, as we begin transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us. We look forward to providing more updates in coming days.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

If any cruise needed to test three days out, it's the Europe ones. We can't test till we arrive in Copenhagen 

I agree, hoping that RC extends to three days pre-cruise for European sailings. We go out of Copenhagen in September, I have an 8 AM test scheduled and hope it all goes well before we leave for the airport at 12 Noon that day. 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I agree, hoping that RC extends to three days pre-cruise for European sailings. We go out of Copenhagen in September, I have an 8 AM test scheduled and hope it all goes well before we leave for the airport at 12 Noon that day. 

We fly out on 7th, can't test till the 8th. Hoping it's an easy test in Copenhagen 😁

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

We fly out on 7th, can't test till the 8th. Hoping it's an easy test in Copenhagen 😁

I have been reading that there is a testing place at the airport, and another in City Center. It would be So Great if you did a live thread for your cruise and let everyone know what you did for your Covid test! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I have been reading that there is a testing place at the airport, and another in City Center. It would be So Great if you did a live thread for your cruise and let everyone know what you did for your Covid test! 

Sounds like a plan

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If any cruise needed to test three days out, it's the Europe ones. We can't test till we arrive in Copenhagen 

Agree  100%.    And we know it’s not a rule of the ports being visited.  NCL dropped testing for most Europe cruises. 

27 minutes ago, Canadianmama3 said:

Agree  100%.    And we know it’s not a rule of the ports being visited.  NCL dropped testing for most Europe cruises. 

We cruise out of Italy in October, and Italy has no requirements for testing or vaccine papers to fly in.  Hopefully by then testing requirements will have been lifted.

I for one are happy about the 3 day move. Now we can test at home on Wednesday before we leave for FLA on Thursday.   Feel more comfortable doing it at home with guaranteed internet and can print the results right from printer instead of using the hotel printer.