Extra OBC

Vampiress88

22 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Daughter just phoned P&O for BLC  obc for her 4 future cruises already booked only to be told it must be claimed when you make the booking and can’t be added at a later date.

Try again until you find a more sympathetic phone agent.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Daughter just phoned P&O for BLC  obc for her 4 future cruises already booked only to be told it must be claimed when you make the booking and can’t be added at a later date.

My T A is very good, personal service, I will ask and report back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks for the replies John and Bob, I’m astonished that different reps can say and do different things,  that’s so unfair, my daughter is a solo passengers so always pays well over the odds for the privileged, will get her to phone again next week.

My TA says it is the T&C's that it must be claimed when booking. She did say keep trying, some will add it if you are nice to them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

If you look on BLC website under P&O Cruises and it says under T&Cs that you have to book a Select holiday, book direct with P&O and apply at time of booking cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

So is BLC Select Fare only and booked direct.

Yes as far as I know. However when I booked ours using the big TA, I was given it as a discount instead of their usual discount. It did work out better for us on an inside cabin, but might not be worth it on a higher fayre cabin.

Just now, emam said:

Yes as far as I know. However when I booked ours using the big TA, I was given it as a discount instead of their usual discount. It did work out better for us on an inside cabin, but might not be worth it on a higher fayre cabin.

That is down to your TA some might give you extra discount instead of OBC that P&O offer to encourage you to book with them rather than book with P&O.

12 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks. Can I assume you do have a blc then, rather than a defence card?  Sounds like P&O making a mistake regards their own rules, but we have come across that before.  Will ring next week and give it a try on a couple of cruises which we have booked direct 🙂

We have both cards BLC and Defence. We just gave both numbers and P&O told us which cruises could have additional OBC. Sorry don't know which one worked for which cruise.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

We have both cards BLC and Defence. We just gave both numbers and P&O told us which cruises could have additional OBC. Sorry don't know which one worked for which cruise.

Thanks, that likely explains it since you would be eligible for the OBC with the defence card after booking, so that should be why they added it.  

How about this for an idea, When calling P&O to make a booking as part of the process they ask if you have any concessions that may give extra discounts or OBC.

That would lead to happier customers, sorry forgot P&O don’t seem to want that.

11 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

How about this for an idea, When calling P&O to make a booking as part of the process they ask if you have any concessions that may give extra discounts or OBC.

That would lead to happier customers, sorry forgot P&O don’t seem to want that.

That would most likely lead to the majority of people being unhappier.  If you buy something and then in that transaction are advised that others can buy it cheaper it tends to have a negative effect on the overall experience.  

On 8/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, No pager thank you said:

From the P&O Booking Conditions:

P&O Cruises will allow the transfer without treating it as a cancellation if the P&O Cruises holiday to which the transfer is to be made departs within 12 months (within 6 months in the case of transfer from a World Cruise, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journey, Grand Tour or Exotic Fly-cruise) of the original and is for a higher price.

Agreement to transfer a Package would also be conditional upon such a request being made more than 90 days before the original scheduled departure date; there being availability; and to payment of any expenses (such as airline and/or hotel charges) incurred by P&O Cruises as a result. Such a transfer would only be allowed on one occasion. The criteria for allowing transfers may be changed by P&O Cruises at any time without notice.

Guests who have booked an Early Saver or a Saver shall not be entitled to transfer to another Package and the provisions of this clause 15 shall not apply.

In terms of relevance to people who have booked a Select Fare - the following scenario could occur:

1) Cruise booked in March next year - let's say £1,000 each for two people sharing an inside cabin, total £2,000.  Customer pays £100 deposit (5%) and let's say has £100 OBC.

2) P&O then introduce an offer reducing the price of a very similar cruise (let's say same ship, the itinerary before or after the one booked) now £800 each.  They are also now offering £200 of OBC for an inside cabin, and even more OBC for a higher grade, including outsides, balconies and suites.  In this example, let's say that the price of the balcony cabin on this new cruise is £1050 pp.

3) The customer can't directly switch to the second cruise without losing their £100 - which some people may choose to, if the overall deal is better, which it would be in this scenario.  They also can't change their cabin on their current cruise, if the price has fallen, as they have to pay the relevant price when they booked.  

4) However, if the customer has booked a Select Fare and moves their booking before the balance due date, they could "switch and upgrade" their booking to the balcony cabin, for the new cruise; transfer their £100 deposit (and pay slightly more to make it 5 or 15%); and get more OBC.  In this scenario, the conditions are met.  The extra £100 paid in this scenario for the balcony cabin would be less than the extra OBC gained, so the customer would benefit from "switching and upgrading."

Some people won't want the hassle or want to check prices after they book, all fair enough.  However, if the deal is good, and the conditions are right then it can make sense to move bookings, particularly considering that on the new cruise you retain choice of cabin and dining.  This assumes you don't very particularly want a cabin number which may have gone by the time you come to switching bookings.  Hope this helps and sorry for the long-winded answer!

Hi,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, I'm going to read it through again so it sinks in 🙂 I think this is something ive done previously without realising this is what you were talking about!

Best

Greg

22 hours ago, crompton21 said:

That would most likely lead to the majority of people being unhappier.  If you buy something and then in that transaction are advised that others can buy it cheaper it tends to have a negative effect on the overall experience.  

Point taken.

How about this for version 2.

You can call or go online to your existing customer profile and register a BLC etc. I assume they have a number on.

This could be in an area not in the face of the "normal" customer, although you often see on websites a box for discount codes and if I don't have one I'm not offended. 

Quick question for anyone lucky enough to get extra OBC awarded just because they're on cruises in October or November.

Do you get a new confirmation letter showing the OBC?

At which point is the extra OBC added?

The reason I ask is we were  notified 3 weeks ago that we will get extra OBC for a cruise in November.  Just got confirmation that our shareholder OBC has been added, but no mention of the extra OBC notified 3 weeks ago.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Quick question for anyone lucky enough to get extra OBC awarded just because they're on cruises in October or November.

The reason I ask is we were  notified 3 weeks ago that we will get extra OBC for a cruise in November.  Just got confirmation that our shareholder OBC has been added, but no mention of the extra OBC notified 3 weeks ago.

Thanks

When I paid my final balance, soon after I had a new booking confirmation which indicates both of our on board spending had increased by the promised £75.

If you haven't had a new confirmation, phone and get one (which I needed to do).

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks

We got a new booking confirmation from our TA showing it

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks

We got a confirmation letter a few days after we applied for onboard credit, the extra OBC had also been added.

• Like 1