How to Transfer a Reservation Quickly?

stlrod

I'm trying to transfer a reservation I made yesterday quickly to an agency quickly because final payment is due in 4 days.  I called X last night and was put on hold 6 times as the steps to transfer were explained.  Now the form just tells me that they don't have my reservation in their system when I can see it.  Any one have any ideas?

Edited by stlrod

I did this last week - it took about a day for the online transfer page to recognize my reservation.  After I filled out the online form it was only a couple of hours before I got a confirmation email it had been done.  Good luck!

48 minutes ago, stlrod said:

I'm trying to transfer a reservation I made yesterday quickly to an agency quickly because final payment is due in 4 days.  I called X last night and was put on hold 6 times as the steps to transfer were explained.  Now the form just tells me that they don't have my reservation in their system when I can see it.  Any one have any ideas?

Have you tried to call the TA directly?  When I did this recently, I emailed my TA, he called me back straight away, asked me to send him an email saying this is what I wanted to do.  Fairly quickly after, I got an email from Celebrity saying that my res was in the process of being transferred to him.  Was pretty fast and very easy.

Thanks all.  I got the online transfer system to recognize me so now I just need to wait to see if mine transfers as quickly as others.  Thanks.  

Edited by stlrod
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Why didn’t you just book with the agency to begin with? I can’t believe you would be looking for a lower price the next day, especially so close to final payment.

From what I understand, if you book a future cruise with Celebrity while onboard, you get perks like reduced deposit and double the onboard credit being offered online. After you book, you can transfer it to a travel agent and then, hopefully, get more perks from them. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard. We booked a future cruise when we were on a couple of weeks ago. We are now looking at what perks are being offered. If I'm incorrect, I hope someone will correct me! TIA!

You can transfer to a TA within 30 days of the booking date and keep the on board booking perks and reduced deposit however when our TA has a lower group rate available we have to pay the full deposit.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need a different TA unless you booked more than 30 days ago.  In that case it is too late to transfer.

This is the OP who said they booked yesterday and final is in 4 days

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Why didn’t you just book with the agency to begin with? I can’t believe you would be looking for a lower price the next day, especially so close to final payment.

Never sailed Celebrity before so I called to check on cabin types and prices.  The agent told me there was a concierge class guaranty which I wasn't finding online.  I asked if I could put it on hold and transfer it to a certain big box agency to receive an amenity from them. She said yes, took my $200 and said to wait a day or two before trying to transfer.  When I called to transfer is when I learned that I had to fill out a form and was told it would take up to two weeks to process.  Fortunately, it sounds like it will be a quicker process.  Sorry if trying to save a few hundred under these specific circumstances offends you for some reason.

Edited by stlrod
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, stlrod said:

Never sailed Celebrity before so I called to check on cabin types and prices.  The agent told me there was a concierge class guaranty which I wasn't finding online.  I asked if I could put it on hold and transfer it to a certain big box agency to receive an amenity from them. She said yes, took my $200 and said to wait a day or two before trying to transfer.  When I called to transfer is when I learned that I had to fill out a form and was told it would take up to two weeks to process.  Fortunately, it sounds like it will be a quicker process.  Sorry if trying to save a few hundred under these specific circumstances offends you for some reason.

Where did I say it offended me? I think it’s a fair and logical question. If you truly felt it was then why bother responding? 

50 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Where did I say it offended me? I think it’s a fair and logical question. If you truly felt it was then why bother responding? 

maybe not offended, but it clearly bothers you or why would you bother responding? 🧐

Edited by LGW59

For those who book on board for the OBC and low deposits, you can have Celebrity transfer it to the TA you booked the cruise you are on, or to another when you do the booking. 

after getting the transfer my TA was able to move it to a group booking saving me even more. Only negative was you pay the standard deposit then. But well worth it for me. 

den

Edited by Denny01

You can do it one of 2 ways -

1.  Use this online form -  https://rccl.secure.force.com/directtransfers/DTTCelebrity

Possible downside.   The agent's phone number must match Celebrity's data base.  Mine didn't but he sent me the correct main office number.

2.   Call celebrity and authorize your agent to access your reservation.   They then have to call and they will release it to them.   I've done this a couple times. 

3.  Call celebrity and conference in your agent for a 3 way call.

As to a BigBox TA not being able to transfer…my professional TA who runs their office can. Another reason I don’t use or recommend a BigBox type and go with a TA with an actual office and team. Many positives beyond that. 

den