8 not 9 night Caribbean Cruises

luv4cruises

I have been so disappointed that many of the previous 9 night ABC islands’ cruises have been replaced with 8 nights. Coming from the west coast 9 is the minimum I like to consider.  I really miss the long-  gone 14 night (no return to FLL) Caribbean cruises on the Eclipse that we booked every year!!!!  These shortened 8 day cruises have brought me back to Princess and HAL both with wonderful 10 day cruises to the Southern Caribbean on their newest ships.  Sadly IMO the Equinox is the best ship for summer cruises to the Caribbean!  Here’s hoping Celebrity offers more 9 + day cruises to the Caribbean!!!

I counted 53 Caribbean cruises 9-11N’s in ‘23. I’m on one that goes to the ABC’s then to Port Liberty NJ and we plan to spend a few days there catching plays. 

so lots of options including ABC’s. 

den

I miss the 14 night deep southern Caribbean ones also.  But what we do (and I know not everyone can or wants to) is just book more back to back cruises.  After being to the Caribbean so many times I really don't care if I visit the same ports a week or two apart - especially if they are the ABC's as those ports are great.

I do wish they would bring back the 14 nighters though I don't think they will.  Why?  The average age group was quite high compared to shorter cruises (when in my 60's I was often in the youngest 10% onboard!) and Celebrity is trying to attract younger folks because they tend to spend more on fancier dinners, photo packages, shore excursions, etc.. than those of us " of an age" who have been there; done that and don't feel the need to do a lot of the extras.  (not saying none or never, but in general)

Edited by phoenix_dream

I'm still seeing lots of 10/11/12 night Caribbean cruises available, including a number of 11nt ABC or AC cruises.

Like Phoenix, we preferred the old deep 14 nighters (Constellation always got that itinerary in the old days), but 12 ain't bad.

14 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Not between Aug and Nov of 2023 our annual ABC cruise since the Equinox started year-round cruising to the Caribbean in 2017!

Not sure what you are using, but Celebrity shows 2 9N’s on the Beyond, 1 on the Equinox and a 10N on the Summit. All to ABC’s Aug thru Nov ‘23. 

den

• Like 1

I have B2B cruises on the Equinox in Oct.  One is 9 nights and the other 10.  

We also enjoyed the 14 but now get 19 nights.   There are benefits.   It is 5 days longer and we get double the perks as Elite Plus for doing 2 cruises instead of one.  We also get much more OBC using future cruise bookings  plus the additional $300 pp/cruise.  We now get a total of $1200 instead of $600.  

Book 2 cruises instead of one.   We have also done side by side cruises on different ships and cruise lines.  
We found some great deals on shorter cruises on other lines.  Sometimes you may have to spend a day or so on land in between but that may be a good thing to do some down time to take care of somethings.  

Trying different ships and cruise lines might help you in future cruising.  

One time we found a great deal on Princess for 5 days.  We were on the elevator to depart and there were a group of women on it.  One of them pointed to our carry on luggage and said we’re are sorry.    I said I never know anyone  to brag about it but thanks for the warning.   She then sarcastically  said it was meant to be that you have to leave as we are staying for the next cruise.   I said we are glad to be leaving as we are going on the Reflection in a Suite with all the perks for 14 days.  She  then said oooooh and found out that her remark  wasn’t so smart.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Denny01 said:
14 hours ago, miched said:

I have B2B cruises on the Equinox in Oct.  One is 9 nights and the other 10.  

We also enjoyed the 14 but now get 19 nights.   There are benefits.   It is 5 days longer and we get double the perks as Elite Plus for doing 2 cruises instead of one.  We also get much more OBC using future cruise bookings  plus the additional $300 pp/cruise.  We now get a total of $1200 instead of $600.  

Book 2 cruises instead of one.   We have also done side by side cruises on different ships and cruise lines.  
We found some great deals on shorter cruises on other lines.  Sometimes you may have to spend a day or so on land in between but that may be a good thing to do some down time to take care of somethings.  

Trying different ships and cruise lines might help you in future cruising.  

One time we found a great deal on Princess for 5 days.  We were on the elevator to depart and there were a group of women on it.  One of them pointed to our carry on luggage and said we’re are sorry.    I said I never know anyone  to brag about it but thanks for the warning.   She then sarcastically  said it was meant to be that you have to leave as we are staying for the next cruise.   I said we are glad to be leaving as we are going on the Reflection in a Suite with all the perks for 14 days.  She  then said oooooh and found out that her remark  wasn’t so smart.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Other than the  the Nov 21, 2023 Equinox ABC 9 night I do not see any other 9 night that includes Bonaire in that time frame. Flying from Ca makes the Summit unattractive -much

less Caribbean time. There are 3 Equinox cruises that include Bonaire  that have been 9 or 10 day cruise since 2017 and are now 8 day instead.  
The Beyond advertises Bonaire but itinerary does not include it. I am considering B2B. I was just observing the fact that the replacement of 9/10 days with 8 days affects some of us.

Thank you for your suggestions! We are
cruising on the Equinox in September for our usual 9/10 day cruise! Nothing yet for 2023. 

Happy cruising to all. 

17 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I have been so disappointed that many of the previous 9 night ABC islands’ cruises have been replaced with 8 nights. Coming from the west coast 9 is the minimum I like to consider.  I really miss the long-  gone 14 night (no return to FLL) Caribbean cruises on the Eclipse that we booked every year!!!!  These shortened 8 day cruises have brought me back to Princess and HAL both with wonderful 10 day cruises to the Southern Caribbean on their newest ships.  Sadly IMO the Equinox is the best ship for summer cruises to the Caribbean!  Here’s hoping Celebrity offers more 9 + day cruises to the Caribbean!!!

They do them every spring and fall…leaving on a 9 night Sept 17. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

17 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

Not between Aug and Nov of 2023 our annual ABC cruise since the Equinox started year-round cruising to the Caribbean in 2017!

Assume you are referring to Equinox only here as I have a 9 night ABC Nov 2023 cruise booked on the Beyond.

Edited by poffles

We too love 10 days or longer cruises.  We are booked on 11 day Caribbean 2023 and 12 day Caribbean 2024. Same itinerary, it’s nice to be able to unpack and settle in. I guess I understand that they might attract younger cruisers with the shorter itineraries. I would lift to do ABC cruise but not sure I want just 9 days.

36 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Not in 2023.  I too, am leaving on our annual 9 nighter this Sept. 27, 2022. 

Ahh…just looked for next fall, you are correct. I wonder what prompted the change. 

1 hour ago, poffles said:

Assume you are referring to Equinox only here as I have a 9 night ABC Nov 2023 cruise booked on the Beyond.

In Aug- Nov,  2023 the Beyond does  not stop in Bonaire our must do snorkeling spot with Woodwind in the Caribbean.  I just hope Celebrity will offer longer cruises that stop in Bonaire in the future.  The one and only in that time frame for 2023 is Nov 21, 2023  Thanksgiving week - family time for us. 

Happy cruising! 

You didn’t specify what year, or month or any specific islands in your original post.   You did mention ABC but then also the 14 night cruises in the Caribbean.   The 2 cruises that I mentioned are Oct 15, 2022 doing the ABC for  9 nts and Oct 24, 2022 for  the southern for 10 nts this year.    

The Equinox also offers the same cruises in the Fall of 2023.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

5 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

In Aug- Nov,  2023 the Beyond does  not stop in Bonaire our must do snorkeling spot with Woodwind in the Caribbean.  I just hope Celebrity will offer longer cruises that stop in Bonaire in the future.  The one and only in that time frame for 2023 is Nov 21, 2023  Thanksgiving week - family time for us. 

Happy cruising! 

Mine is November 13 and Bonaire is listed in my ininerary in my booking and still shows on Celebrity site???????

31 minutes ago, poffles said:

Mine is November 13 and Bonaire is listed in my ininerary in my booking and still shows on Celebrity site???????

Beyond -11/13/. 2022- not 2023- itinerary does not include Bonaire -May say it in booking ad but not in expanded itinerary.

2022-  

Equinox- 9 nights:  

9/8, 9/17, 10/6, 10,25, 11/3, 11/12

Beyond 10/26 - No Bonaire

compared to 2023:  

Equinox only 8 nights

8/19, 9/16, 1014 

one 9 night - 11/21- Thanksgiving week

Beyond. 11/13, 11/22- No Bonaire

2022 offers six 9 night cruises in my time frame compared 

to only one 9 night 11/21 in 2023

and three 8 night 

in short a reduction in my preferred offerings- 

just hoping Celebrity will bring back more

9 + nights to ABC - B included in the future: 

Thanks for your input!  
Happy cruising! 

On 8/6/2022 at 2:42 PM, phoenix_dream said:

But what we do (and I know not everyone can or wants to) is just book more back to back cruises. 

The problem with the B2B's for us is that they are normally East/West Caribbean and not ABC. It would be amazing if X took one ship and did nothing but 14 days bouncing around the Caribbean, that way you head down south and still hit some eastern ports on the cruise back.

29 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

The problem with the B2B's for us is that they are normally East/West Caribbean and not ABC. It would be amazing if X took one ship and did nothing but 14 days bouncing around the Caribbean, that way you head down south and still hit some eastern ports on the cruise back.

The 14 day ABC cruises were the best.  I will miss them.  Few kids.  Multiple days in Aruba...  Do not other cruise lines have these longer intineraries?  I would not do a cruise without a Bonaire snorkel.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

The are continually shortening itineraries to boost revenue.  Equinox was 11/10 day last fall, 10/9 this fall and I think 9/8 next fall.

Many of us miss the 14 night Southern Caribbean itinerary that used to be done by Constellation and Eclipse.

• Like 2