Distilled water for C pap machine

gunnywife

Yes, in your personalizer I believe it is under "dietary requests".  This seemed strange to me, but that is where I think I found it.  There was no charge.  Princess sent me an email confirming my request, and the water has always been in the room (or delivered shortly).  Bring an extension cord with you; many ships the only outlet available is across the room from the bed.

• Like 1

I always have gotten my water, if not just ask your room steward. We always bring our own extension cord as I'm to scared to blow up my Bipap using a european converter. I use duct tape to keep cord down. Our next cruises are 28,25,then 44 days. How many jugs of water can you get? 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:03 AM, Yehootu said:

I always have gotten my water, if not just ask your room steward. We always bring our own extension cord as I'm to scared to blow up my Bipap using a european converter. I use duct tape to keep cord down. Our next cruises are 28,25,then 44 days. How many jugs of water can you get? 

Converters are not necessary. Just the appropriate plug adapter. All CPAP/BiPAP manufacturers make machines the can use 110. or 220v.

DH uses this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you run out of water, you can request more. If the ship runs out of water, just use the tap water in your cabin. 

The only reason distilled is recommended is to prevent mineral build-up. The ship water is very close to distilled. 

If you do get any build-up, just do a strong vinegar/water soak (3or 4 parts vinegar to 1 part water).

You could use the tap water from your house supply...as long as you keep vinegar around.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

19 hours ago, gunnywife said:

I  found where to order it.  Thanks. I do remember to take an extension cord.  I keep one with my travel things.  Never know when you might need one. in a hotel or on ships.

FYI: there's a 220 plug behind the bed (usually). You can use the adapter (or similar) that I linked in the post above.

1 minute ago, cali-croozer said:

Do you need to inform princess in advance if bringing a c pap? My husband doesn't use water so don't have to request that.  

Not unless it is a CPAP with Oxygen.  I don't know if they still have a ban on supplemental oxygen devices.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:01 PM, cali-croozer said:

Do you need to inform princess in advance if bringing a c pap? My husband doesn't use water so don't have to request that.  

No, unless you have Oxygen.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I was reading this thread and it says under cruise personalizer, you can request distilled water under dietary requests. I tried searching for this but I cannot find it. If anyone has advice or insight on how to access this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:24 AM, Nebr.cruiser said:

I realize that.  I meant the small bottles you can buy that have the salt, etc. already added for sinus irrigation.  

That is a normal saline solution with a small amount of preservative in it.  I see that you live in Nebraska.  I would check if there is a pharmacy near the cruise terminal where you can buy some.

Edited by brisalta

32 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

I was reading this thread and it says under cruise personalizer, you can request distilled water under dietary requests. I tried searching for this but I cannot find it. If anyone has advice or insight on how to access this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

When you sign in to your Cruise Personalizer

Go to your Booking

go to Check-in

go to Dietary requests

Go to Distilled water for CPap machine

IMG_3439.png