Questions about canned soda and water bottles packages delivered to room

2Oregonians

Sorry .. this has no doubt been discussed before.

We are thinking about purchasing the bottled water package.  Yes, I know, I know ..  it's expensive for what you get!  But I am a huge water drinker, and don't care for the taste of the ship's tap water. 

You get, I believe 12 bottles delivered to your cabin.  My question is, how big are the bottles?  At home, I buy 16.9 oz (half liter) bottles, but I suspect the bottles in this package are probably 8 oz.  Does anyone know for sure?

Also, I want to get a 6 pack of soda cans to enjoy at the end of the day.  I started the ordering process, but haven’t paid yet.  I don't see where you choose what kind of soda.  Has anyone done this?  When do I choose what I want?

I happen to think the water bottle package is a great deal - 12 bottles for $7.08. It's a 500 ml bottle. I can't drink the water on the ship, either. It upsets my digestive system. I'm Elite, so I swap out my mini fridge for 20 bottles and depending on the length of the cruise, I buy 1 or more packages of water. I go through 3 or 4 bottles of water a day.

Arlene

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You'll have a ticket in your room regarding the soda package.  You have to call room service to get it and at that time you tell them what you want.  I also think the water is a great deal.  I get it every cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I happen to think the water bottle package is a great deal - 12 bottles for $7.08. It's a 500 ml bottle. I can't drink the water on the ship, either. It upsets my digestive system. I'm Elite, so I swap out my mini fridge for 20 bottles and depending on the length of the cruise, I buy 1 or more packages of water. I go through 3 or 4 bottles of water a day.

Arlene

I drink about that much too!  I think I'll order 3 x 12.  It's only a 7-day, but that way my husband can have some.  He prefers carbonated water, but will drink flat if he's thirsty enough and not near a fizzy water!

Edited by 2Oregonians

47 minutes ago, suekel said:

You'll have a ticket in your room regarding the soda package.  You have to call room service to get it and at that time you tell them what you want.  I also think the water is a great deal.  I get it every cruise.  

Thanks for the great info!

4 minutes ago, 2Oregonians said:

...  I think I'll order 3 x 12.  It's only a 7-day, but that way my husband can have some.  ...

Actually, I guess I can order replacement 12-packs on board, correct?  Maybe I'll start with 2, and replace if needed.  That will avoid over-purchasing.

27 minutes ago, 2Oregonians said:

Actually, I guess I can order replacement 12-packs on board, correct?  Maybe I'll start with 2, and replace if needed.  That will avoid over-purchasing.

No. Cases of water can only be pre-ordered. They only sell single bottles once on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We always ordered the water on prior cruises but since we’ve had the beverage package the last few trips, we just stop at one of the bars and get  bottled water (several times/day). They have a combination of liter and half liter bottles ready to go.  Just a thought. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Regarding canned soda and bottled water packages.

Can it be ordered on the ship if we run out ?

Or do you have to pre order as many as you need ?

Planning return to Princess cruises, don't like the fountain soda. 

Edited by CaboWabo62

1 minute ago, CaboWabo62 said:

Planning 11 day cruise deal, don't like the fountain soda. 

The bottled water and soda packages must be purchased no later than 3 days before embarkation and you should order as many as you think you will drink.  The prices are only good if purchased pre-cruise.  Once on board, you will pay per can/bottle.  Ship security doesn’t usually have a problem if you bring back a few bottles of water or cans of soda when in port.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The bottled water and soda packages must be purchased no later than 3 days before embarkation and you should order as many as you think you will drink.  The prices are only good if purchased pre-cruise.  Once on board, you will pay per can/bottle.  Ship security doesn’t usually have a problem if you bring back a few bottles of water or cans of soda when in port.

Thanks for the confimation

I usually sail Celebrity and bottled water is included in the beverage package.  I had the bev package on my first NCL in June and it did not include bottled water.  I am sailing Princess plus in a few months.  Is bottled water included?  Thanks.

32 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

I usually sail Celebrity and bottled water is included in the beverage package.  I had the bev package on my first NCL in June and it did not include bottled water.  I am sailing Princess plus in a few months.  Is bottled water included?  Thanks.

Plus Beverage Package Includes:

• Cocktails, wine by the glass, beer, specialty coffees fountain sodas, bottled water, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), new juice bar, mocktails and crafted cocktails by Mixologist Rob Floyd
  • 50 spirits, 25 wines by the glass, 25 beers, all specialty coffees & non- alcoholic drinks
  • 25% discount on wine bottles (including rare vintages)
  • 25% discount on large bottles of water and cans of soda

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CaboWabo62 said:

Planning return to Princess cruises, don't like the fountain soda. 

Must be pre-ordered.  

On 8/7/2022 at 10:20 AM, 2Oregonians said:

Also, I want to get a 6 pack of soda cans to enjoy at the end of the day.  I started the ordering process, but haven’t paid yet.  I don't see where you choose what kind of soda.  Has anyone done this?  When do I choose what I want?

Get the classic soda package is  my advice.  It includes canned sodas .Order 2 or 3 sodas from room service.  You may be able to order more; I only did 3 at a time on my last cruise.  You also get other items.  It's more than just the soda only but if you have OBC, you cold order it on the first day of your cruise using OBC.

From the Princess web site (my emphasis)

What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• There is no age restriction for purchases of the Classic Soda Package.
  • The Classic Soda Package is USD $14.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $17.69 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $23 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Classic Soda Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / Pro-Rated Packages or segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted, although some exceptions may apply, such as the World Cruise. These exceptions, IF applicable, will be displayed in the Cruise Personalizer at the time of purchase.
  • The package is offered onboard on day one and day two only.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within 3 days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

Would we be able to get canned soda on request on the at all venues or just room service?

Never been happy with fountain soda on any cruise line, don't drink enough alcohol to justify packages anymore. Just getting old, but want my Coke.