cans of soda at port stops

Guest moe46

1 minute ago, moe46 said:

Any chance of bringing 12 packs of soda onboard at port stops other than at embarkation?

It is against the rules.  Whether any individual security officer or ship will let it slide..................you could take a chance and lose it.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It is against the rules.  Whether any individual security officer or ship will let it slide..................you could take a chance and lose it.

as far as I know RC only has rules about bringing back alcohol from a port of call, not soda

3 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

as far as I know RC only has rules about bringing back alcohol from a port of call, not soda

No, their rule is that 12 cans/bottles of soda/water/juice can be brought on AT EMBARKATION.  Period.

• Like 1

"On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

It is against the rules but they don't always follow the rules. If you want to take the risk then go for it understanding it could get confiscated. 

This is our attitude - it’s 1 - 2 bottles if they take them so be it.

We have carried on large bottles of water or coke in ports without a problem. Wouldn’t bother carrying 12-packs of soda but thats just us.

Just now, c-leg5 said:

This is our attitude - it’s 1 - 2 bottles if they take them so be it.

We have carried on large bottles of water or coke in ports without a problem. Wouldn’t bother carrying 12-packs of soda but thats just us.

Us too.  I don’t care if they take them from me at the port.  We usually don’t have time to buy soda prior to embarkation, due to us flying to all of our cruises.

Hit or miss. Sometimes they take my beer and sometimes not. I buy local ones for my sons for gifts. Newer ships they always take from me. Older and smaller ships to be more carefree. Pretty sure soda would be even easier to get on.

Edited by coaster

32 minutes ago, coaster said:

Hit or miss. Sometimes they take my beer and sometimes not. I buy local ones for my sons for gifts. Newer ships they always take from me. Older and smaller ships to be more carefree. Pretty sure soda would be even easier to get on.

They take it or keep it until the end of the cruise?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, their rule is that 12 cans/bottles of soda/water/juice can be brought on AT EMBARKATION.  Period.

It says, "at embarkation, Period"?! With the word PERIOD?! Wow!

Here is the link to Royal Caribbean's FAQ:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

If specifically states that alcohol over the 2 bottles, bought in port, or on board will be stored for you and given back on the last day on board.  

It is silent on soda bought in port.

My impression, both from reading this and from my experience bringing soda and water on board on embarkation day, they are much more concerned about alcohol.