Taking a meal from buffet, to your own cabin, Ok ?

Bertie Doe

Just now, Ptroxx said:

There’s no dieting on a cruise.    Lolol. And by the way.  I didn’t gain 1 lb when I weighed myself this morning.   Was shocked.  

all the walking I did must have helped. Lol 

Good on ya, mate!  On a TA, I "walked" my way across the ocean doing a solid hour on the treadmill every day we weren't in port.

16 minutes ago, antsp said:

Disgusting leaving dishes in the corridor 

Yes your post is disgusting.      Guess you didn’t read my post.   That’s what I was directed to do by my room steward.       

and my plates never stuck out into the hallway like this persons plates.   
mine were always against the door out of the way.   I

3CC52B1E-222E-45E9-BBAB-CEF0A6820302.jpeg

14 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Good on ya, mate!  On a TA, I "walked" my way across the ocean doing a solid hour on the treadmill every day we weren't in port.

Lol I actually used the treadmill a few times and they don’t register on my steps counter.  But almost every day I got my 6 mile goals.  Lol.  Treadmill days were 1,2 ,5.  All were an hour on the treadmill. Think I hit 2 miles on those days on the TM.   Lolol.  

06E16A45-3452-4EAC-9484-C2ACC7A03BD2.jpeg

We will take each of us a plastic zip-loc/rubbermaid type divided plate or storage container with sections and a cover.  Easy to carry, can even place in a carry-bag.  No leaking, dripping, or getting cold too fast.

Maybe a small covered storage bowl as well, for soup, fruit, etc...  

We can get many things for breakfast by the breakfast room service.

But, then one of us can run to the Buffett or International cafe for other items, like hot breakfast items.

If we do the Sanctuary, it is nice to take some breakfast items, and have it there, as they will set us up with hot coffee, plates, napkins, etc.  THAT is so so nice! 

• Like 1

We try to carry our plates back up to Lido and leave on the first table we come too.  I would not leave plates in the hall.  If a small plate from bringing cookies back to the room, we just leave on the little table in the room.  The plate is taken by room steward.

• Like 1

Please cover your food while going from the buffet to your cabin. We have been on elevators (pre Covid) with people who have plates of food without any covering -yuck !

Other than exposing food to whatever is in the air in the elevators and the corridors, if the food spills,it could be quite the mess.

Using another plate, shower cap, plate cover or Tupperware-like containers are all good ideas.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Please cover your food while going from the buffet to your cabin. We have been on elevators (pre Covid) with people who have plates of food without any covering -yuck !

Other than exposing food to whatever is in the air in the elevators and the corridors, if the food spills,it could be quite the mess.

Using another plate, shower cap, plate cover or Tupperware-like containers are all good ideas.

MJ🙋🏻

Isn’t the food exposed to hundreds of people sitting in the buffet ?   You think those sneeze guards help lolol

What’s the difference buffet to elevator.    Geez. Lol.  
if the food spills with a plate over it ,rain cap,plate cover what’s the difference. Now you have 2 broken plates and a mess. Or a mess with broken plate and rain cap or plate cover. Lolol.
stop worrying about what other people and you do you. 
kinda like wearing shorts in the MDR. Don’t worry what others do worry about yourself.    

Guess you wouldn’t like this then. Lol. 
how I went to the buffet to get breakfast.   And didn’t cover my plate.  Lololol.  
and yes I had clothes on under the robe.   Lol. Just wore it for the stares.   Lololol. 
breakfast on my balcony for Tracy arm.   

84EE25D1-8750-4946-B281-6C5A1E9895C8.png

88DAB7F6-3328-4DCF-AD38-057F7BB1F779.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

My room steward told me to leave the dishes outside of the door. Lolol.  I leave  mine out as I go to bed after 11pm And there gone when I wake up at 5 am .    
just don’t look down when you walk by my room.   Lolol.  

Always a tough decision, whether to listen to your room steward or to Cruise Critic 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

As long as the cabin stewards continue to tell people to put them in the hallway, it will never end. 🍽️

Yup.  Like wearing shorts in the mdr. .   

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Neither things bother me in the slightest. 

Good for you. 👍  And imagine. I was almost your neighbor. Lol.   😂

Edited by Ptroxx

20 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yeah that one always fails me 😄

I love the phrases "Moral Compass" and "Social Filter". Been waiting to find a thread I could throw those out to everyone!  Thanks

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I love the phrases "Moral Compass" and "Social Filter". Been waiting to find a thread I could throw those out to everyone!  Thanks

Love those both.... I will say that as I age, my moral compass gets stronger but the social filter gets weaker.

• Thanks 1

I believe the steward was wrong to direct anyone to put dirty dishes in the hallway because of the extreme safety hazard!  It's unsightly but that's not the main problem.  The person in a wheelchair or with other walking aids will have problems maneuvering around plates on the floor.

Imagine during a fire and people trying to get to their muster station through a smoke-filled hallway.  Imagine a medical emergency in the cabin down the hall and the medics trying to wheel a gurney to get the patient in and to the medical office.

Most of my career I worked in areas with hazardous and flammable materials and one of the number one checks during safety audits was that all egress pathways were clear. It is a big deal!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

I believe the steward was wrong to direct anyone to put dirty dishes in the hallway because of the extreme safety hazard!  It's unsightly but that's not the main problem.  The person in a wheelchair or with other walking aids will have problems maneuvering around plates on the floor.

Should not be a problem considering where Ptroxx places the dirty dishes.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:20 PM, Ptroxx said:

my plates never stuck out into the hallway   

4 hours ago, oakridger said:

Imagine during a fire and people trying to get to their muster station through a smoke-filled hallway.  Imagine a medical emergency in the cabin down the hall and the medics trying to wheel a gurney to get the patient in and to the medical office.

Most of my career I worked in areas with hazardous and flammable materials and one of the number one checks during safety audits was that all egress pathways were clear. It is a big deal!!

That's why I usually push the trays back against their doors. 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Should not be a problem considering where Ptroxx places the dirty dishes.

That’s right. Cause if you’re hitting my plates your already drunk or something and hitting the walls.  
As I make sure they don’t stick out into the walkway.      
if I don’t have a door like this and it’s flush with the wall then I don’t leave them out and save them till I get my ice every day and hand them to the steward.  

8A0215ED-3543-4F6A-9064-803BD4948DA6.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx

On Princess have always taken breakfast back to the cabin for my husband. He sleeps in until 8-8:30 and I'm up before 5 so will eat something light then bring him whatever he is in the mood for to eat after his shower before we head out to give the cabin steward time to clean the cabin. Never put dishes in the hall always any dishes go stacked up on the stand, desk, or little area near the door.

Thanks for the shower cap tip never gave that aa thought generally just flip a second plate over his food.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ptroxx said:

Yes your post is disgusting.      Guess you didn’t read my post.   That’s what I was directed to do by my room steward.       

and my plates never stuck out into the hallway like this persons plates.   

3CC52B1E-222E-45E9-BBAB-CEF0A6820302.jpeg

Must admit I am bad as I always push the tray in front of the door!!

On 8/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, Ptroxx said:

I only hit the Buffett for breakfast.  And once for dinner as the Juneau was closed one night because of the late port stop in Juneau.    
otherwise was in the Juneau dinning room the rest of the nights with Melvin and Jimmy.  Both great servers.  
I’ve added a few of my meals on discovery last week. 
with the medallion app you could see the menu before hand that day. 
I never needed a menu when I sat down. Lolol. 
Melvin would just ask me what’s for dinner.   Lolol. 
and this was on discovery.  7/31-8/7.   

Oh yeah.  For lunch I just gab some pizza or a hotdog.   

BD23EE3F-1681-4493-9011-0EC534344F89.jpeg

57237320-07D5-4C89-98D7-BAF2EAB2FBF3.jpeg

21A88BF0-6F02-4261-BA31-FF76B31810F1.jpeg

B17DE34D-1330-4B36-AD21-F1DBC621A10F.jpeg

238A049D-B19B-4AFD-AD25-6591E55E77F6.jpeg

1F9EE89D-B71C-48D5-94EE-104D6945B1AA.jpeg

63F7893A-8C7C-435A-8A44-45C009E467D3.jpeg

FCD5DE12-EF35-47F9-A838-93FE1308003B.jpeg

2A16CE24-3A23-429D-A8E8-9ACE8499FEC9.jpeg

A22DCE13-B245-4C01-B0F4-8F80B5B52528.jpeg

18014BE5-32B8-4068-B8AF-BA205DAC5008.png

DB933208-45C3-4D67-8278-983153349682.png

B32F3A72-E1EC-4A7C-A2E5-28D0091E70A1.png

3F5C59EB-6AEC-4BE2-92E9-DDFDA1DF8BD6.png

A984E3B1-7BCC-439E-AFCD-1F06DA7A8278.png

01693580-C8C5-4CC3-84E3-76BE673D24B3.png

FBD211EF-3A5B-4A96-AD05-3A0D351137A1.png

96A63DD7-BFFB-4F89-8DDE-DCF7AD7ECEFA.png

261F3D9F-AE56-426A-A7A0-DDA41C55E4EC.png

AE2F3A10-70D7-43D7-8DEC-AA02FF05C3F1.jpeg

How did you end up with carrots, my favorite,  on four different occasions?

• Haha 1