Chief Engineer - Nikolai Georgiev

Hotel Director - Marcelo Affonso

Han Resources Manager - Devorah Del Rio San Andres

Cruise Director - Martin Lawson

Guest Relations Manager - Wesley Fernandes

Food and Beverage Manager - Louis Alberts

Executive Chef - Joao Fernandes

Assistant Cruise Director - Lee Hetherington

Do you know if the rotation just happened or has Capt Dario been there a while?  I just was wondering about our cruise in mid-Oct if he likely to still be there.

1 hour ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Do you know if the rotation just happened or has Capt Dario been there a while?  I just was wondering about our cruise in mid-Oct if he likely to still be there.

Capt Dario just joined on the previous cruise and is due to leave on 9th November.

10 minutes ago, norn iron said:

I noted that Heike has left Explora Journeys and returned to RCI as Hotel Director with Silversea.

Only speculating, perhaps her feedback was not being actioned, due to the Explora suits continued arrogance and reluctance to meet the needs of their paying guests ( as opposed to influencers and ultra-loyal TAs !!). 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Only speculating, perhaps her feedback was not being actioned, due to the Explora suits continued arrogance and reluctance to meet the needs of their paying guests ( as opposed to influencers and ultra-loyal TAs !!). 

I am onboard Explora now I knew she had left before we boarded and the absence of her influence is marked. We are feeling the impact of head office poor decisions eg the ship ran out of rose wine 7 days before the end of a 14 night cruise 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

I think you got it in one. It's a shame. MSC had a real chance with Explora. They certainly seem to have beautiful ships, but they appear to be messing it up by dabbling. 

Phil 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, norn iron said:

I noted that Heike has left Explora Journeys and returned to RCI as Hotel Director with Silversea.

Has there been a news release announcing her new job? I've not seen one in the usual places.

Heike's post on Facebook.

Excited to announce a new chapter:
Two amazing years with Explora Journeys and having been part of the launch of this unique brand, it will certainly always remain very special to me. I have had the privilege to work with some amazing and professional Individuals as we shared great milestones and achievements together.
I am now celebrating my return to the Royal Caribbean Group and thrilled to be joining Silversea Cruises as Hotel Director. With a stunning fleet of 12 luxury cruise and expedition ships and journeys to all seven continents.
Our industry is huge but yet so small, I hope to see You on a journey or in one of the ports around the world 🌎
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope she has better support at Silversea.  Reports on their forum here have been mainly downbeat for some time, with a growing feeling that RCG beancounters are taking the brand down from luxury to premium and that onboard personnel have little decision-making authority.  But this could also be a sign that RCG recognizes the problem and has decided to return Silversea to what made them buy it in the first place.  Good luck Heike!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tgg said:

Has there been a news release announcing her new job? I've not seen one in the usual places.

I saw it on LinkedIn. The Facebook content you posted is the same wording.

Edited by norn iron
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:27 PM, Travels with Lisa said:

Speaking of food, any recent reports on the Pursuit's food?

Got off Pursuit last Tuesday , food was superb , felt Azamara  had definitely upped their game , especially in Discoveries , some dishes I’d seen before but they were given a much more modern twist , booked Prime C but cancelled it , didn’t feel the need to eat in the speciality . 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Rosroz said:

Got off Pursuit last Tuesday , food was superb , felt Azamara  had definitely upped their game , especially in Discoveries , some dishes I’d seen before but they were given a much more modern twist , booked Prime C but cancelled it , didn’t feel the need to eat in the speciality . 

Exactly how I felt on Onward earlier this month. 

Phil 

• Like 4

So, from what I can see the reporting on «Senior Officers at the moment» has become more and more intermittent and scarse. Why this is a problem is beyond me… Very often people ask for the captains or CDs, but the same people never reports back when they have been on board. 
So, please: Can we have more reports, - regularly, - so that we can get an impression on who is moving where? Better than rumours are actual reporting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

He’s currently the alternate captain on the Journey. He’s onboard now.

We are onboard and Captain Toledo is great!  Love his humorous commentary.

• Like 1