No balconies available on Zaandam Mexico cruise March 25 2023?

Ramona760

I am looking at the Sea of Cortez cruise on the Zaandam March 25 2023 and while there are plentiful inside, ocean view and suite cabins available, not one balcony? I find it hard to believe that is the case. Does any one know if it is a charter/private booking of some sort? I have been watching a couple of months now 

I looked into this cruise a couple of months ago, and it was heavily sold at that point. Remember the smaller ships don't have many balcony cabins on them.

All suite cabins have balconies... you are seeing "plentiful...suite cabins available"?

25 minutes ago, Ramona760 said:

I am looking at the Sea of Cortez cruise on the Zaandam March 25 2023 and while there are plentiful inside, ocean view and suite cabins available, not one balcony? I find it hard to believe that is the case. Does any one know if it is a charter/private booking of some sort? I have been watching a couple of months now 

That's because on the remaining R-class (and the old S-class) ships there are no staterooms actually labelled "balcony".  The staterooms equipped with the verandahs are all labelled "suites".  Which, I believe, is what @CruiserBruce was saying -- just in a different way.

• Like 2

I was looking at this itinerary, too.  The balconies on deck 6 didn’t even show up, they were white when I looked.  I considered that maybe this indicated it was chartered but could not confirm.  I deposited during the $1sale but will probably cancel if I can’t choose a suitable cabin.  And yes, I checked the “veranda suites” as that is the balcony category for this ship.

Edited by oaktreerb

As has been mentioned, the Zaandam verandah staterooms are all listed as "suites" which you get double mariner points for.  They all have whirlpool bathtubs.  I just looked at my Big Box TA web page and there are plenty of rooms available.  The 10 day Sea of Cortez itinerary is a favorite of ours.

21 minutes ago, Loreto said:

As has been mentioned, the Zaandam verandah staterooms are all listed as "suites" which you get double mariner points for.  They all have whirlpool bathtubs.  I just looked at my Big Box TA web page and there are plenty of rooms available.  The 10 day Sea of Cortez itinerary is a favorite of ours.

I looked on the HAL website.  Guess I should look at the BB website!