Covid test requirement for Southampton boarding

Geodon

Hi,

I'm just a little confused about whether we need to book a Covid test that issues a certificate afterwards or if a test that you simply do yourself is sufficient. We are boarding the QV in Southampton on August 14 to Norway. 

At www.cunard.com/testing it doesn't mention about having to show a certificate. What it says is:

All guests aged five years and over will need to take a lateral flow/antigen test within two days prior to arrival at the embarkation terminal. This can be at any time in the two days before the day of embarkation.

Guests aged four years and under are exempt from vaccine and testing requirements.

Your e-tickets/boarding passes and vaccination statuses will be checked for all guests on your booking – please help us to make the process as speedy as possible by having all your paperwork and any digital documents ready.

Any hp would be really appreciated.

Could anybody help me with a similar Covid testing requirements question please.  I am leaving New York on the QM2 transatlantic cruise, Oct 28th. The pre cruise requirements state that  All fully vaccinated guests will need to organize and purchase an antigen test to be taken two days prior to arrival at the embarkation terminal. This can be at any time two days before or on the day of embarkation. You can order your antigen test kit through any government-approved testing provider. Guests will need to present their negative antigen test certificate at the ship's terminal.

There is no mention of the test needing to be an observed test however it does say that I need to present my negative test certificate at the ships terminal.  Do I therefore not need to be observed and does ANY government testing provider include the NHS. Can I use the lateral flow testing kits I brought with me to the USA and register them with the NHS who will send me an email with the result that I submit or do I have to purchase an over the counter covid test from the USA and are the results logged in the same way as the UK where you get an email informing you of the result from your test (that you submitted).

Thank you

52 minutes ago, Berry6281 said:

Could anybody help me with a similar Covid testing requirements question please.  I am leaving New York on the QM2 transatlantic cruise, Oct 28th. The pre cruise requirements state that  All fully vaccinated guests will need to organize and purchase an antigen test to be taken two days prior to arrival at the embarkation terminal. This can be at any time two days before or on the day of embarkation. You can order your antigen test kit through any government-approved testing provider. Guests will need to present their negative antigen test certificate at the ship's terminal.

There is no mention of the test needing to be an observed test however it does say that I need to present my negative test certificate at the ships terminal.  Do I therefore not need to be observed and does ANY government testing provider include the NHS. Can I use the lateral flow testing kits I brought with me to the USA and register them with the NHS who will send me an email with the result that I submit or do I have to purchase an over the counter covid test from the USA and are the results logged in the same way as the UK where you get an email informing you of the result from your test (that you submitted).

Thank you

We are taking a sailing on Sept 23 and have to produce a travel negative certificate to show at the terminal in Brooklyn.

We have a observed test appointment two days before as required. After the test is taken and it's negative, we will receive from the company a certificate by email - pdf format to hold as our proof.

Along with our Vaccination Card.

2 hours ago, Berry6281 said:

Thank you

We have not scheduled our test yet - if the testing requirement is still in place mid September we will schedule some sort of suitable test.

You may want to double check your calendar - the eastbound crossing is on 25 October, starting our 26 night round trip.

@Berry6281, I concur with the advice about taking an observed test prior to boarding in New York. Although the Cunard US website no longer includes the word "observed" in its verbiage about the testing requirements for voyages departing from the US, the Cunard UK website still does. Here is the wording from the Cunard UK website (emphasis mine).

"Pre-cruise testing for voyages departing from the USA.

All fully vaccinated guests will need to organise and purchase a private observed antigen test to be taken two days prior to arrival at the embarkation terminal. This can be at any time two days before or on the day of embarkation. You can order your antigen test kit through any government-approved testing provider. Guests will need to present their negative antigen test certificate at the ship's terminal."

Also, I've seen messages posted elsewhere supposedly originating from Cunard indicating there are no changes to the testing requirements for departures from the US and Canada following the July 21st announcement loosening the testing requirements for departures from Southampton and European ports.

Edited by bluemarble

24 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@Berry6281, I concur with the advice about taking an observed test prior to boarding in New York. Although the Cunard US website no longer includes the word "observed" in its verbiage about the testing requirements for voyages departing from the US

Once again, thank you bluemarble.

Though the verbiage in US states that requirement changed, we still want to be reassured before heading to and boarding the QM2 that we are Negative in the test results. To start the voyage with a clear mind is reassuring we have followed our practices to enjoy this special sailing.

9 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Just to confirm we were asked if we had done a test before boarding QV yesterday. No evidence was asked for. Although I did have a certificate anyway as I had already paid for the test before the rules changed.

Where did you board?