COVID testing on BTB cruises -- what is current Celebrity policy?

cruisemom42

Can someone please either point me to or tell what Celebrity's current policy is regarding testing for COVID on back-to-back cruises?  I see they have just updated some testing requirements as well as loosened some vaccination requirements. Was wondering if there is any change in this area? 

Is testing still done for those on BTB cruises?  And if so, what happens to those testing positive for COVID?

Just off b2b on Equinox Sunday. Testing was done from 8 AM to 9:30 AM in Quazar day before last day. Told if positive we would be notified. Otherwise, assume negative. I so hope they drop this SOON!  If positive, you have to get off the ship at port. 

Edited by 39august
  • Thanks 1

Just read this on the Celebrity website, which is different than I read back on August 7th when we boarded our Summit 24 day B2B cruise. But this goes along with what Guest Services told us yesterday when we asked if we were going to have to test prior to our upcoming transition day on Aug 19 in Reykjavik. She said it does not look like we will have to test. However, they won’t know for sure until we get closer to the end of the first leg of our B2B. This is just a guess, but maybe the determining factor will be how many people actually check into the Medical facility onboard and test positive on a particular cruise. But, this is just a guess.

As to what currently happens if you test positive onboard, I have no idea. 

BTW you’re welcome to follow along on my current Summit “Live from” thread as I will be posting there as soon as we hear if we have to/don’t have to test prior to our transition day.

Back-to-Back-Sailings

Testing for back-to-back sailings is not required for all sailings. Guests will be notified onboard if testing is required and will be provided testing at no cost if needed.

This back-to-back testing policy applies to sailings on any ships within the Royal Caribbean Group which includes Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean International and SilverSea.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jwlane said:

We did not test on our B2B on Silhouette back in May.

They did for sure on April 28 when I tested positive.  LOL

I think the dropping had a lot to do with UK dropping all quarantine requirements 

I so hope they drop the B2B testing by this winter. We did 49 days on three ships last winter and tested every week! The stress of hoping everything works out is enough. We actually made it through all three ships and was successful but out travel friends tested positive on the last two weeks. 

We will be doing it again this winter so fingers crossed this goes away. Following Jim and Ken so will be interested what happens. Jim you don’t need another positive!

Cheers!

I'm on Summit now and just asked the Retreat Concierge.   She said as far as she has been told we will be tested the day before arrival in Rejkovik   She already has the Room booked and been given a schedule.  She did say things could always change.

I have a feeling we will because been told it is a Requirement of Canada that all passengers be tested 2 days prior to boarding.   That I have not confirmed.

Update and confusion.    I  attended a Zenith Lunch hosted by Hotel Director on Summit.   He was asked about testing and said wasn't sure yet.   He said we would be advised closer to turn around day.   He said it might be related to the % of Positive cases on the ship during the remainder of the cruise. 

• Like 2

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Latest regs from Canada 2022 08 12. 

'Starting an international cruise in Canada or arriving by cruise from another country

These requirements apply to cruises:

• arriving in Canada from a foreign country
  • starting in Canada, but travelling outside Canadian waters and then returning to Canada (for example, if docking in the United States for a shore excursion)

All travellers are required to:

• complete ArriveCAN no more than 72 hours of initially boarding the cruise. This includes:
    • any traveller who recently submitted ArriveCAN to enter Canada via land or air
    • Canadians embarking on an international cruise from Canada that will return to Canada
  • take a pre-embarkation COVID-19 test before embarking on a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point in the itinerary
  • If you’re exempt from the vaccination requirements, you must also take a COVID-19 antigen test on the day you board the cruise ship, in addition to taking a pre-embarkation test. The test must be negative. This applies to travellers who aren’t fully vaccinated for:
    • medical reasons or
    • sincere religious reasons, or
    • those 5 years of age or older and under 12 years of age.
    • Note: If you’re a foreign national and aren’t fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief, you won’t be allowed to enter to Canada by land or air to board a cruise. You also won’t be allowed to disembark a cruise in Canada, unless it is for a medical emergency.'

Cheers, h.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Update and confusion.    I  attended a Zenith Lunch hosted by Hotel Director on Summit.   He was asked about testing and said wasn't sure yet.   He said we would be advised closer to turn around day.   He said it might be related to the % of Positive cases on the ship during the remainder of the cruise. 

Fun times! That’s what we were also told by the Summit Guest Services folks the other day. With regards to Canada, we embarked on the Summit in NJ, where we produced a negative antigen test, and will disembark in Boston. So we’re hoping the negative antigen test we produced in NJ will be sufficient for any Canada requirements (besides filling out the ArriveCan form for both legs) and that the positive COVID passengers onboard will be below the Celebrity minimum threshold. That’s our hope anyway. 🤞🤞