Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale

ela123

Hi

Does anyone have any thoughts on staying here for 3 nights before a cruise. I’m looking to use Hilton points so want to stay at a Hilton. I’ve looked on trip advisor and it’s very hit or miss. So looking for some CC reviews ….thanks in advance

Great hotel and definitely book a tower room on a high floor to see the cruise ships…..only thing i don’t like about this hotel is the daily resort fee, but using points helps with this.

• Like 2

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for  many years and have stayed at many Fort Lauderdale hotels. I wouldn't book that location for a 3 night stay pre-cruise...it's not in walking distance to the beach or many restaurants...very busy area...it's basically right off a highway.  I would look at the Hilton Forth Lauderdale beach Resort....much better location for a 3 night stay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for  many years and have stayed at many Fort Lauderdale hotels. I wouldn't book that location for a 3 night stay pre-cruise...it's not in walking distance to the beach or many restaurants...very busy area...it's basically right off a highway.  I would look at the Hilton Forth Lauderdale beach Resort....much better location for a 3 night stay.

Thanks the beach resort Hilton looks lovely but out of my price/points range unfortunately. I’m staying at the beach at The Maren post cruise.

• Like 1

This is our favorite Hotel in Ft Lauderdale.  We’ve rented a car most times. There is a fee to park per day. Lyft and Uber work really well in Ft Lauderdale.  Great pool and Pool bar.  Employees are very friendly and good at what the do.  There is a great deli about 8 blocks away.  It is on a busy highway but walking is very safe way to get around the area. Lots of restaurants and stores including a total wine and Publix 

• Like 1

We have stayed a couple of times at the Gallery One Doubletree and like it very much.  The water taxi stops right in front of the swimming pool, it's a short walk to the beach, some really nice places to eat just across the street and the view on the ocean side rooms is outstanding.  If the price is right the Hotel Maren (Hilton Curio) is outstanding and for three night would be my choice.  We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite last time and it was amazing.  Easy walk to just about anything you want or need.  They even had beach chairs and umbrellas you could rent at the beach across the street.  

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, ela123 said:

I’m staying at the beach at The Maren post cruise.

You will love it.  We have stayed there twice and last time got upgraded to a one bedroom suite, amazing.  Try Lulu's Bait Shack for a meal.  Fun place, great views, and decent food.    

• Like 1

I've stayed here multiple times. Get a tower room facing the cruise port to watch your ship sail in the morning. I have had some issues with the room, but they were promptly taken care of. The pool area is nice and there is a restaurant right down on the water. Lots of other restaurant choices within walking distance AND a big bonus is the water taxi stop is on the other side of the parking lot.

This is your view from a tower room looking toward port everglades.

image.png.7025a94e0298fa21c1ee193227eba766.png

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
22 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

researching the maren.  did you book directly and ask for a room facing the port or just get lucky?

under the room descriptions it's not apparent what kind of room to book

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/fllucqq-hotel-maren-fort-lauderdale-beach/rooms/

The Maren is a different hotel.....this is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina that is the topic of this thread https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/fllgrhh-hilton-fort-lauderdale-marina/?SEO_id=GMB-AMER-HH-FLLGRHH&y_source=1_MTIyMDgxNi03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ%3D%3D

Edited by bajathree

We are staying Dec 21 & 22 prior to our Christmas cruise.  We have questions for previous guests.

How long of a walk from the hotel to the nearest water taxi stop?

Any suggestions for a nearby light breakfast for cruise morning?

Any decent Italian restaurants in walking distance?

Assuming just an Uber to the port?

Thanks in advance.

It is a short walk to terminals 2 and 4 (they are right next to each other; there is no terminal 3).  The other terminals are further away in the industrial port and require transportation from the Hilton Marina.  See the official port info at www.porteverglades.net.

Make sure you check out the water taxi website (www.watertaxi.com) for coupons to restaurants, stores, etc. near each water taxi stop. Since you will be there near Christmas, they will probably offer evening sightseeing tours to see all the mansions and yachts decorated for the holidays.

• Thanks 1