CCL, Princess and P&O testing/vax changes announced - where is HAL?

16 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I'm surprised and concerned that there isn't consistency across the corporate lineage on this.  

Perhaps lines are looking at it as a differentiator. And/or they may be drawing on data collected from recent email surveys about how passengers feel about testing and vaccination.

Then again, HAL just may be last out of the gate (as is often the case)....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I'm surprised and concerned that there isn't consistency across the corporate lineage on this.  

CCL has always allowed differentiated policies across their brands.   There is a new CEO and I do expect that to change but he only took the position a few weeks ago

• Like 2

Carnival Corporation owns many lines but after coming under the CCL umbrella, they've continued to (pretty much) operate as they had in the past - as independent entities.

Otherwise, they'd all have been merged into one, gigantic cruise line.  I hope they never do that and continue to retain their own "personality" and distinctions.

Just because Princess does something doesn't mean HAL has to do the same thing immediately.  Replace the two cruise line names with any other cruise line names.

And even if they all do end up with the same policies, expecting every cruise line to conform to every change instantaneously is just silly.  I think many people on Cruise Critic need to find some other means of distraction.  Me, I'm going to go plan for my 17 ports on my 32-night B2B2B coming up in a couple of months.  When I get bored with that, I'll start planning for some of the ports on my B2B2B for next spring.  How's that for a distraction? 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

If your upcoming cruise involves Canada...you will still need to test. Canada requires it, not HAL.

I'm a little confused.  On the ArriveCan information under covid requirements it states that if you are fully vaccinated you do not need a test.  They may randomly select you to take one but it is not necessary as long as you have proof of vacccination.  Hope this is correct.

Helen

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Perhaps lines are looking at it as a differentiator. And/or they may be drawing on data collected from recent email surveys about how passengers feel about testing and vaccination.

Then again, HAL just may be last out of the gate (as is often the case)....

Interesting. They may want to target customers who feel safe in an environment of vaccinated and tested people.

Sooner or later, however, they will have to keep relaxing their protocols.

1 hour ago, HELENPSL said:

I'm a little confused.  On the ArriveCan information under covid requirements it states that if you are fully vaccinated you do not need a test.  They may randomly select you to take one but it is not necessary as long as you have proof of vacccination.  Hope this is correct.

Helen

That is for travel except cruise travel

Being a little cynical but the cruise industry became the poster child for contracting Covid…all other travel, concerts, movies, etc is OK, you only catch Covid on a cruise ship. 🤣

But glad to finally see they are all beginning to relax the protocols…Hooray

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, Nymich said:

CCL, Princess and Cunard have announced changes so yep it feels like an announcement for HAL is close.

I think HAL has a particular problem to solve before they make an announcement.

Many HAL cruises are marketed as B2B, whether it be a total of 14, 21, or 28 days.

How do they say that no testing is required for cruises <x days, when the b2b version is >x days.

Do they now automatically test all b2b cruisers between cruises?

???

I'm curious as to how HAL will choose to solve this problem?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mwj said:

Many HAL cruises are marketed as B2B, whether it be a total of 14, 21, or 28 days.

How do they say that no testing is required for cruises <x days, when the b2b version is >x days.

???

Not sure what HAL does, now, about B-B cruisers, but we had 5 potential times to be tested in April and May and nothing was ever said.

46 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

Being a little cynical but the cruise industry became the poster child for contracting Covid…all other travel, concerts, movies, etc is OK, you only catch Covid on a cruise ship. 🤣

But glad to finally see they are all beginning to relax the protocols…Hooray

Look up the definition of "congregate settings". That is the root of everything related to Covid cruising policies.

51 minutes ago, mwj said:

???

I'm sure they already have that figured out. 

Edited by Nymich

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Look up the definition of "congregate settings". That is the root of everything related to Covid cruising policies.

Except they no longer have special Covid rules for other congregant settings 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Except they no longer have special Covid rules for other congregant settings 

And they have eliminated, or made "recommendations" of the previous requirements, as they apply to cruise ships. Generally, cruise lines are slowly winding them down, but also still complying with some requirements of countries, such as Canada.

18 hours ago, HELENPSL said:

Helen

My son just got back from the states on Thursday, he noticed they were randomly selecting people who were waiting to pick up their bag from the luggage carousel.  Another reason to just have carryon. 

• Like 2

Given that most of HAL's ships are sailing routes that touch Canada or Greece, HAL can't eliminate the testing requirement before their ships move away from those countries that require tests. Rotterdam is the only ship, I think, sailing routes regularly that don't touch Canada or Greece.