Is it TRULY 24 hour room service???

Grandma7

I was on a Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise in June with grandkids. I live on east coast and am early riser, so on the cruise the latest I could make myself sleep was 4 am. Room service would not make deliveries until 6 am. I thought I would go crazy 🥴 needing my coffee!!!  There was NO WHERE to get coffee before 6am. Holland advertises 24hr room service on their website...do they REALLY do it?? Will I be able to get coffee and pastry at 4am?? I will be on Aug. 28 Alaska cruise on NA and am stressing 😳 already!! Thanks for any information. 

It is and you can get your coffee very quickly that early in the morning.  Some options are limited to structured hours.  The room service hanger card that is in your room to preorder is earliest at 6 but you can call whenever.  I do!

4 minutes ago, glutenhab said:

Can we order from the main dining room menus for room delivery & if so, is this limited to certain times? Any charge for these deliveries?

I have done this several times before, but only from the dinner menu.  Had to order during the first hour that MDR is open though.  Great extra service by HAL.  Check once onboard as things do change (all the time on HAL).

4 hours ago, glutenhab said:

Can we order from the main dining room menus for room delivery & if so, is this limited to certain times? Any charge for these deliveries?

Yes you can order from the dining room menu for breakfast and dinner but only during dining room hours. Check you when and where the night before for the hours and you can still use the breakfast door hanger and just write in what you want. 

Here is the Room Service call-in menu for the Nieuw Amsterdam (Signature and Pinnacle Class ships) with what is available.  Note that only a few items have a charge.  Room Service Menu

The Room Service Breakfast card that you hang on your door  handle before retiring is a different menu.  Here is the Breakfast card for staterooms that are not Neptune/Pinnacle Suites:  Room Service Breakfast Card

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

Here is the Room Service call-in menu for the Nieuw Amsterdam (Signature and Pinnacle Class ships) with what is available.  Note that only a few items have a charge.  Room Service Menu

The Room Service Breakfast card that you hang on your door  handle before retiring is a different menu.  Here is the Breakfast card for staterooms that are not Neptune/Pinnacle Suites:  Room Service Breakfast Card

Am familiar with the “Room Service” menu. Also know that there are charges for certain items. My question was, can we order outside of these items (ie: Main Dining Room Menu) at mealtimes. Or, can I order a coffee & dessert at say 2:30 pm, for example.

9 minutes ago, glutenhab said:

Am familiar with the “Room Service” menu. Also know that there are charges for certain items. My question was, can we order outside of these items (ie: Main Dining Room Menu) at mealtimes. Or, can I order a coffee & dessert at say 2:30 pm, for example.

Yes, you can but the dining room menu is only offered at specific times.    There are a variety of other items, including coffee, snacks and sweets offered 24/7

• Like 1

FWIW one cook does all of the Room Service cooking in a limited area while others collect everything else on the big tray.  How many egg dishes prepped for those breakfast cards?

Vista-class Room Service prep:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/hal-ms-oosterdam-behind-the-scenes-tour/img_0681.jpg

Pinnacle-class Room Service prep:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-kitchen-tour/IMG_2385.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  I kept searching the web site and the app to see how to order it, and just couldn't find anything.  I eat a piece of fruit every day as an afternoon snack, and was wondering if I was going to have to grab some from the lido every day!  That will be a very welcome addition to our cruise! 

3 minutes ago, tundra1 said:

Thanks!  I kept searching the web site and the app to see how to order it, and just couldn't find anything.  I eat a piece of fruit every day as an afternoon snack, and was wondering if I was going to have to grab some from the lido every day!  That will be a very welcome addition to our cruise! 

There used to be fruit but unless that has changed since March you don't get it in balcony rooms.  If you are in a Neptune suite that might be the case.  I was told you need to order it through room service.  I went to the Lido or got it in my cabana.

• Thanks 1