A covid vaccine requirement question

Hello, 

We sail from Copenhagen on Sunday on our first cruise in a few years - certainly the first since COVID ! We haven’t had to show our COVID passes yet, and when I was downloading them today I got a bit confused by the RCCL wording

the requirements state 

To be considered up to date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days ago. 

We have both had both doses , plus a booster , but the booster was administered in nov 2021 , which is just about nine months ago. I’ve read it as two vaccines needed and if the last dose was longer than 9 months ago, then the booster too. Where as my husband read it as - all vaccines plus boosters must be within 270 days of travel. 

we’ve got all the boosters that were offered and there’s no others on the horizon so this must be enough ? Am I worrying for nothing ? 

Thanks in advance !

Oh good, I have been reading so much stuff I am starting to doubt my sanity. 

here, RCI, I have fixed it for you 😁

To be considered up to date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series , and if the final dose was longer than 270 days ago you will also need to have had the top-up booster before boarding. 

• Like 3

I do not see the specification that last dose must be no longer than 270 days.  I just see this...

"To be considered fully vaccinated, each guest's regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. "  Are these for cruises not from the US?  

That’s interesting, we have a second cruise booked in October sailing from Italy, so I checked the wording on that one too , and it says 

Guests must have received the final dose of their original vaccine series ( or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson ) no more than 270 days ago or a booster dose. 

so a bit of a variation , but both mention the 270 days timeline. 

1 hour ago, NewYearNewMe said:

We sail from Copenhagen on Sunday on our first cruise in a few years - certainly the first since COVID ! We haven’t had to show our COVID passes yet, and when I was downloading them today I got a bit confused by the RCCL wording

Do you have your covid test lined up?  If not, I have info for Copenhagen.

• Thanks 1

Hi Merion_Mom, 

that’s very kind, please share. We have a test booked in the Uk on Friday morning before we set off for the airport , but we are in Copenhagen for two days prior so it can’t hurt to know in case ours are inconclusive or something happens with getting results back in time. We don’t actually need the test result to fly, only to board the ship so we would have time in Copenhagen to get retested. 

17 hours ago, dmfleischmann said:

I do not see the specification that last dose must be no longer than 270 days.  I just see this...

"To be considered fully vaccinated, each guest's regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. "  Are these for cruises not from the US?  

Reading is fundamental:

18 hours ago, NewYearNewMe said:

We sail from Copenhagen on Sunday

And then a bit later:

17 hours ago, dmfleischmann said:

hmmm...maybe it's for cruises originating outside of the US?

Reading is fundamental:

17 hours ago, NewYearNewMe said:

we have a second cruise booked in October sailing from Italy,

Since both Copenhagen and Italy aren't in the USA, it's a pretty good chance that these folks are talking about cruises that originate outside of the USA.....

Getting small panic here. We are coming from Finland and we have only 2 vaccines (secend was one year ago). Can someone clear up that do we need to seek for third one and if not, what are the options then?

Also thankful if someone can tell how the covid the policy works in Miami, do we get tested at the port or do we need to find someone in Miami to fo the test for us?

6 minutes ago, danilija said:

Getting small panic here. We are coming from Finland and we have only 2 vaccines (secend was one year ago). Can someone clear up that do we need to seek for third one and if not, what are the options then?

Also thankful if someone can tell how the covid the policy works in Miami, do we get tested at the port or do we need to find someone in Miami to fo the test for us?

Don't worry about the boosters for a US departure. But (at the present time) you will need to find somewhere in Miami to get tested. That could change before your sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danilija said:

What is the timeframe between your flight and cruise.  The new and present protocols have extended by a day (from 2-3 days) for your test--meaning you may have the flexibility to get your test in your home country,

Ps.  This applies to my Allure sail on September 4 from FLL.

Edited by nelblu

Closed loop cruises out of the USA don't require any boosters. 

Testing can be done locally or via internet if you have a home test.  It just needs to be proctored (someone verifies that you took the test).  Shorter cruises (5 nights or less) don't need tests at all.  

54 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What is the timeframe between your flight and cruise.  The new and present protocols have extended by a day (from 2-3 days) for your test--meaning you may have the flexibility to get your test in your home country,

Ps.  This applies to my Allure sail on September 4 from FLL.

We will arrive to MIA 12th Sep and the ship departures 17th day. So we will stay a while in miami

42 minutes ago, danilija said:

We will arrive to MIA 12th Sep and the ship departures 17th day. So we will stay a while in miami

Your best bet is to get a test locally, or obtain home tests and do video proctored tests if you'll have internet at your hotel.  

Here's a site to look up tests in Miami:

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page

• Like 1

Can I ask another silly question - where it says testing to be done two days before for vaccinated guests, would they accept a sailing day test as being within this 2 day window , or must it be exactly on the day two days prior to boarding ? 

we fly on Friday to Denmark ( arrive Friday night ) but we don’t board until Sunday, and due to train disruptions we have no time in between taking the test and having to set off … so my thinking is that if the Friday  test is inconclusive , I could retest in Copenhagen , which would not be until one day before sailing or same day as sailing. 

risky I know, but would this be permitted if I can get a negative at any point within this two day window ? 

stressing me out this testing thing , and no I’m not normally known for my good luck …. 🙃