trying to book tours for British Isles cruise

gunnywife

When I go in to book a tour I hit the time I want, click on my name, click on book and then in red it has "a errors".  What am I doing wrong?  Or is it  too early for me to book tours?

Also most tours say 20 people.  Is that all that will be on the tour?  

I've been on lots of Princess cruises and don't remember all these problems and/or questions.  Don't like to be a pest, but I need to let the people traveling with me know what they will be dealing with.

16 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

When I go in to book a tour I hit the time I want, click on my name, click on book and then in red it has "a errors".  What am I doing wrong?  Or is it  too early for me to book tours?

I've been on lots of Princess cruises and don't remember all these problems and/or questions.  Don't like to be a pest, but I need to let the people traveling with me know what they will be dealing with.

How far out is your cruise?  Make sure your account information is entered correctly, your name, address, especially your credit card information. Try again.

53 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

Credit card has been entered and ok'd.  Cruise is far out.  June 2023.  So maybe too far out.  Just want to book a couple of  tours early so we don't miss out.    Thanks

They may be working on it. You should be able to book it for June, unless they are updating it.  Try again tmrw. There also is an option on the PCL phone line to select if you want book an excursion.

They should know if there’s a problem with it.

2 hours ago, gunnywife said:

The listings never list more than 20 people, even if there are hundreds of spaces available. The listing stays at 20 until there are only 19 spaces left.

We have been trying to book excursions for our May 2023 British Isles cruise also.  Before our ship was changed to Regal, it looked like we could book excursions. Now all we get are errors.  We will be disappointed if we cannot take the Normandy Beaches excursion.  We were supposed to take that excursion on a previous cruise, but the port stop was cancelled.

12 hours ago, gunnywife said:

If the tours are listed and have times and that bit abut 20 places available, it means that they are available to book. Regrettably you might have to call them.

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

How far out is your cruise?  Make sure your account information is entered correctly, your name, address, especially your credit card information. Try again.

My experience is that you have to add your card details again when you book a tour, regardless that they may have card details. In my case they have my credit card as part of me getting through the App process but I sometimes pay for excursion with a debit card. I assume that is why for all excursions you enter card details at booking stage.

12 hours ago, gunnywife said:

No one is able to book these excursions. It’s not just you.  Seems to me, due to the ship change to the Regal…..THE IT DEPT has NOT updated the data on the website OR the App.  You probably still see the old ship in the App too.

You can call the excursion desk and see if they can book it since your leaving in May.  But, seems they may say, it doesn’t show on their end.  IDK.  
I have one in March, another ship, which they have not even loaded the excursions.  I have a Regal too later next year, and it’s the same IT issue.

So, if you call, it’s not hard to get through, pick the option for shore excursions. Let us know what they say.

The good news….no one else can book it ahead of you either.

Thanks for all your  help.  I'll try to call this morning and let you know what I find out.

Mickeyandlv:  I hope you get the Normandy tour.  My husband and I were on this cruise a few years ago and we did the tour.  He was a retired Marine and it was very emotional for both of us.

I had this earlier in the year. February for an April cruise. I had a (3) 7 night cruises B2B2B.

I booked this last minute and could not book any tours. I spent between 10-12 hours on the phone with Princess before I could get anyone who could help me. Some of the answers I got were "we are not in Europe yet, maybe it is not open" or "you may just have to wait to get on the ship to book". In my situation I saw some tours go from 10 to sold out so obviously some were booking them. If it says 20, it means it could be more than 20. When it goes below 20, that number is real. 

It turns out those of us on a 21 night sailing couldn't book tours but those on 7 and 14 night sailings could. It took probably 5 phone calls and being on the phone 10-12 hours before I got an experienced agent to understand. Then, it took from Friday until Tuesday to get fixed. 

Your situation doesn't sound like mine (one cruise). Though I got that same red circle and same error. It was super annoying.  It could be related to the ship swap.

Good luck!

Edited by Coral

8 hours ago, MickeyandLV said:

We have been trying to book excursions for our May 2023 British Isles cruise also.  Before our ship was changed to Regal, it looked like we could book excursions. Now all we get are errors.  We will be disappointed if we cannot take the Normandy Beaches excursion.  We were supposed to take that excursion on a previous cruise, but the port stop was cancelled.

No one is able to book these excursions. It’s not just you.  Seems to me, due to the ship change to the Regal…..THE IT DEPT has NOT updated the data on the website OR the App.  You probably still see the old ship in the App too.

You can call the excursion desk and see if they can book it since your leaving in May.  But, seems they may say, it doesn’t show on their end.  IDK.  
I have one in March, another ship, which they have not even loaded the excursions.  I have a Regal too later next year, and it’s the same IT issue.

So, if you call, it’s not hard to get through, pick the option for shore excursions. Let us know what they say.

The good news….no one else can book it ahead of you either.

I repeated this again for you @MickeyandLV.

I think we should all call the excursion desk and customer solutions to get these excursions loaded into the Regal itineraries. They should have been able to move these over from the original ship,

the Emerald, in most cases. They are the same dates and they are the  same itineraries. No excuse for this.

8 hours ago, MickeyandLV said:

For Normandy step outside the box of a ships tour and check out Overlord Tours. They come with stellar reviews, small I think max is 16 passengers per van. I’m on their wait list for July 2023

7 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

Just talked to gal at Princess and she said it was still too early to book tours.  She suggested checking back in a few days.  Maybe this was caused by the change of ships.  I'll keep you  posted when I am able to book.

Of course it was caused by the change of  ships!!!

Keep us posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, njkate said:

For Normandy step outside the box of a ships tour and check out Overlord Tours. They come with stellar reviews, small I think max is 16 passengers per van. I’m on their wait list for July 2023

Hello. I have an email into them to check if they pick up at Princess port stop. We supposedly get in at 7am. I’m wondering if the van waits for you if you aren’t able to get up ship in time, with Princess excursions given priority. Can anyone provide insight into this. I haven’t heard back from them yet.